Suns Trade for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any comments from Bledsoe concerning the trade? He's going from a winning situation into a very losing one. Is he happy with the trade/location? Just curious...

I like Dragic, but if in a year or two he can be flipped for something good in return I'd be ok with that. Of course that's if Bledsoe is able to run the point full time. The GM isn't married to Dragic or anyone outside of the two picks from this years draft and Bledsoe. I'm excited to watch Goodwin and Bledsoe's growth. It's be ideal if they both could develop their shots and end up our starting backcourt in a few years. Finally, something to be excited about with this team.

No, his twitter is silent. Not used very often.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any comments from Bledsoe concerning the trade? He's going from a winning situation into a very losing one. Is he happy with the trade/location? Just curious...

He was reportedly going to be traded to the Raptors before the Suns stepped in. He's probably a bit relieved and he has to be happy with the opportunity to get playing time.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Butler always struck me as a professional. He may not like getting traded, but I would be surprised if he publicly complained about it, or not give it 100% next year.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Butler always struck me as a professional. He may not like getting traded, but I would be surprised if he publicly complained about it, or not give it 100% next year.

Yeah, I'm not saying that he'll be a troublemaker but I'm sure he's unhappy going from a starting job on a contender to a non-contender. Who wouldn't?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was reportedly going to be traded to the Raptors before the Suns stepped in. He's probably a bit relieved and he has to be happy with the opportunity to get playing time.

The Suns will also likely be eager to extend him right away, something that wouldn't have happened in LAC.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not saying that he'll be a troublemaker but I'm sure he's unhappy going from a starting job on a contender to a non-contender. Who wouldn't?

Could be worse. He could be going to a loser than plays in a polar climate.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

I like Dragic, but if in a year or two he can be flipped for something good in return I'd be ok with that. Of course that's if Bledsoe is able to run the point full time. The GM isn't married to Dragic or anyone outside of the two picks from this years draft and Bledsoe. I'm excited to watch Goodwin and Bledsoe's growth. It's be ideal if they both could develop their shots and end up our starting backcourt in a few years. Finally, something to be excited about with this team.

Its not even official until the 10th?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not even official until the 10th?

True, but Dudley has made a few comments/interview/tweets and even changed his location and pic on his twitter account. It just struck me that I had not heard/read anything about Bledsoe's reaction. It'll come, just looking for something new in Suns news.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dudley is going from the worst team in the West to one of the best teams in the West...of course he's gonna be excited and do interviews.

Plus he's very social and very active on Twitter. Bledsoe? Not so much.

I think it's pretty easy to understand why Bledsoe's probably not so excited or hasn't said anything yet. However, I think he will be plenty excited once McDonough gives him that extension or once they have talks about an extension.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would be much more excited going to a winning situation. I know these guys don't want to alienate their new fans and local media. However, let's be real. When a guy goes from a winning situation to a bad one....you know they think it sucks. When I hear them talk about how excited they are in those situations....the first thing I think of is....yeah....B.S.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just conjecture here, but during the intro presser Butler asked Bledsoe what number he was going to wear? Of course we know who has his Clippers number here and Lon jumped in quickly to say they weren't going there. They didn't pose with jersey's because the new ones haven't been released yet, but I thought that moment was curious. Why the hush over a number? He's had plenty of time to pick one (Dudley announced his new number last week). I'm wondering if the Suns are trying to trade Marshall and have put Bledsoe's announced number on hold in case #12 opens up?

I would love to see Marshall, Scola, Brown, and Gortat traded by training camp. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I thought the moment was odd.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just conjecture here, but during the intro presser Butler asked Bledsoe what number he was going to wear? Of course we know who has his Clippers number here and Lon jumped in quickly to say they weren't going there. They didn't pose with jersey's because the new ones haven't been released yet, but I thought that moment was curious. Why the hush over a number? He's had plenty of time to pick one (Dudley announced his new number last week). I'm wondering if the Suns are trying to trade Marshall and have put Bledsoe's announced number on hold in case #12 opens up?

I would love to see Marshall, Scola, Brown, and Gortat traded by training camp. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I thought the moment was odd.

I read somewhere, maybe another message board, that there's a negotiation going on to get Marshall's #12, whether he's here or not.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can I have a sip of what you are drinking. :)

:koolaid:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can I have a sip of what you are drinking. :)

:koolaid:

LOL! Well I didn't mean to imply they all traded in one trade or that my finding the moment odd meant anything to do with the other 3 outside of Marshall.

Chaplin's comment make sense. Although isn't there a year wait or something for a player to change their number with the same team in the NBA. I recall reading something about that when Amare changed his.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How was the presser for those who saw it?

I missed it :/

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well thank you kind sir :cheers:

After watching the presser, I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Bledsoe said the word excited about 20 times in the presser but if you as me, the emotion he least showed was excitement
You must be registered for see images attach

Butler sure seemed fine though. He seems like the kind of guy that will be a professional and will be a leader for these young guys. He showed no signs of being disappointed of going from a contender to a bottom cellar team. I think he will play the Grant Hill, vet role to a tee.

Seemed like Bledsoe didn't know who Dragic was when asked that question about him and Goren playing together lol.

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah hah, but it was a stupid question. He's a young guy, I don't believe he ever thought about any of this in advance, like how it would be to play with another player, especially Dragic. He's just going to get out there and make the best of whatever situation coach puts him in.

I agree he didn't seem all that excited, but it's a good opportunity for him to show what he can do, get more minutes than ever before, and he knows it. Surely it's dissapointing to move from a rising team like the Clippers right now to the rebuilding Suns (wow, do the tides in NBA change fast, if you think 5 years ago Clippers and Suns were in completely opposite positions).

I think Bledsoe will enjoy his stay here, he just needs to get accustomed to the new surroundings.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, plus he just didn't seem like a real excitable guy in that environment in the first place. I think he'll show it on the court.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, I read in Bledsoe that he was uncomfortable sitting up there. Not that he didn't like where he was traded to. Butler has been through these press conferences a bunch of times, he's seasoned. Bledsoe is a young shy guy who didn't seem comfortable in front of the cameras. I think he's fine. I read last night in an interview conducted right after the press conference that he said he was excited to play for such a young team, to have guys he can relate too after playing for the Clippers who have been one of the older teams in the league.

Errntknght

Reaction score
In an audio interview from the 10th, Hornacek said he liked the prospect of playing Dragic and Bledsoe together for the uptempo style he is anticipating playing. He said that it gave the Suns two guys to throw the outlet pass to instead of having find one. He saw Bledsoe being more the attacker with Dragic spotting up for threes. He liked the prospect of them defending together just as much and thought they would be seldom bothered by unfavorable mismatches in the backcourt. He hedged it all a bit saying that the proof would be in the pudding.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In an audio interview from the 10th, Hornacek said he liked the prospect of playing Dragic and Bledsoe together for the uptempo style he is anticipating playing. He said that it gave the Suns two guys to throw the outlet pass to instead of having find one. He saw Bledsoe being more the attacker with Dragic spotting up for threes. He liked the prospect of them defending together just as much and thought they would be seldom bothered by unfavorable mismatches in the backcourt. He hedged it all a bit saying that the proof would be in the pudding.

I do know this. It gives me a good reason to watch the games. That backcourt is going to be entertaining. It will even be entertaining to see how Goodwin and Marshall do.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah hah, but it was a stupid question. He's a young guy, I don't believe he ever thought about any of this in advance, like how it would be to play with another player, especially Dragic. He's just going to get out there and make the best of whatever situation coach puts him in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake