Suns Vs. Warriors

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of Marion for tonight? I read that Frank said he doubted he would play since he was limping yesterday, but Shawn said he would be ready.

I am guessing he plays since Z is down.

Amazingly, the suns 15 game pack gave me tickets to the Mavs and now the Warriors game one after another. Hopefully no one gets hurt this time around.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll be at the game. It would be nice if we could come out with the same intensity we had against Dallas.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbeecham
I'll be at the game. It would be nice if we could come out with the same intensity we had against Dallas.

It would be nice if they could shoot the ball as well as they did against Dallas. I think they're going to need to shoot like that in order to win tonight. I marion can play, but i would rather he sat out if he isn't ready.

Joe Mama

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Casey Jacobsen is starting at SF in place of Marion!!!

What the Heck?!?!

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
This team has more personalities than my first girlfriend.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
ONE freaking field goal and Amare out with 2 fouls and we have played 8 minutes.

Down 15 against the WARRIORS without Murphy, Van Exel and Foyle.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Golden State team is just too big, tall, and athletic for the Suns minus Shawn Marion and Zarko Cabarkapa. Unless a couple Phoenix Suns players catch fire from outside they are going to lose tonight by 20 + points.

Joe Mama

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
All the bags out of the trick? Someone please fire Gary Bender. He makes a dozen mistakes a night like this.

The full court press seems to be helping.

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
This Golden State team is just too big, tall, and athletic for the Suns minus Shawn Marion and Zarko Cabarkapa. Unless a couple Phoenix Suns players catch fire from outside they are going to lose tonight by 20 + points.

Joe Mama

That makes penny one so far. All we need is another person :)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fortunately Penny Hardaway has picked up where he left off Wednesday night. I really don't think the Suns can win this game, but hopefully they can make it respectfully. Tom Gugliotta and Hardaway looked been together out there.

Joe Mama

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by wager323
tom gugliotta?:D

You know what? That's why they're there, to be veteran leaders and it'd be nice to actually see these two set an example for the rest of the team in this game. :D

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
It'd be nice if the Suns could grabe the lead in this quarter so hopefully it'll carry to the next half. Penny's resting so Marbury should step up and start being aggressive.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Originally posted by dyle_ph1
You know what? That's why they're there, to be veteran leaders and it'd be nice to actually see these two set an example for the rest of the team in this game. :D

That's a good point.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marbury and Joe Johnson look awful tonight. Neither one of them has done much right on either end of the court.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
Casey Jacobsen should still not be used unless it is garbage time.

I do think it was a mistake to start Casey Jacobsen, but he hasn't been the problem tonight. He hasn't been part of the solution either however. Without Shawn Marion and Zarko Cabarkapa in the lineup Joe Johnson has got to step up. So far he hasn't done a damn thing. On top of that the regular contributors, Marbury and Amare Stoudemire, have struggled.

Jahidi White has missed at least 5 point blank shots.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If my math is correct the Phoenix Suns other than Penny Hardaway and Tom Gugliotta are shooting 22% (6-27) from the field in this game. The starting lineup shot 18% (4-22). The Phoenix Suns should probably be down by a lot more than 14 points.

BTW where the hell is Scott Williams? This seems like a game in which he could really help the Suns. He didn't play against Dallas either I think. Is he injured?

Joe Mama

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The Suns have sucked so far but there is still a half to get it together.

If Amare and Steph get it going it could get interesting. I'm not sure but I think Steph has hit one shot so far.

This new passing game of Steph's has cost him a little agressiveness I think.