Tales From The Darkside: To my followers, Kool-aiders and everyone else

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For years and years I have been on this board, often ranting and raving about how horrible we were going to be or were and how we were doomed forever until a certain someone was not making key decisions... and most of the time... I was right!:) (Mao if you bring that Josh McCown thread up, I will hunt you down like the dog you are and kill you till you are dead).

I was told I wasn't even a Cardinals fan from some people when I first showed up. Crimson was sure I was a Cowboys fan for some reason. I was mocked when I said I was betting my last unemployment check against the Cards as 15 point dogs against San Fran back in 2003 and I parlayed the winnings from that 50-14 shellacking into an even bigger bet against us, again, 15 point dogs, against Seattle which they won 28-10. I was derided when I said the Emmitt Smith signing was a joke, not getting anything for David Boston was awful, the draft day trade bringing Calvin Douche and Skillet Hands was an abomination, missing out on AP was the biggest mistake we've ever made, basically the fact that we'd be terrible in years 2003-6, and Nidan's lack of a sense of humour (just kidding Nidan... and to prove that I even spelled that the english way! :)). Why am I telling you all this? To pat myself on the back? To say Cheese Rocks! Cheese Rocks! No, it's because I was right then and BY GUM I'M GONNA BE RIGHT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND!

Take a deep breath because you are about to see words you would swear you'd NEVER see coming in one of my posts:

THE CARDINALS WILL BE IN THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR

That's right. No ifs, and, buts about it. I don't care who's suited up. I don't care if the roofs open or closed (but keep it closed damnit). I don't care if Eagles fans somehow take over the stadium and Andy Reid's beard eats Kurt Warner...

WE WILL NOT LOSE THIS GAME - PERIOD.

Just how sure are you Cheese? If that's what you're asking (and you're probably not at this point but... anyways)... so sure that I've already booked flights to Tampa for me, Pappa Cheese and Brother-not-Ouchie (and the only reason I didn't book Ouchie's is because he's flying from a different city than me) so that when we do win on Sunday, I've already gotten a head start on planning and gotten a week's better pricing on those ridiculous airline tickets and on top of that, I've already called my boy from HS who I haven't spoken to in a couple years and told him he should probably send his wife and kids to his parents house for the weekend because the Fearsome Foursome of the Shapiros are coming to take over his house in Tampa Bay!

It's been a dark 20 years, with the just the occassional ray of light sprinkled in here or there. Most of us at one time or another have thought we were really just a franchise buried alive, or at least in a deep dark hole. Folks, that light is flickering brighter and brighter now and it's finally time to come to the realization that we're not in a hole... we're in a tunnel. Let's just keep walking... ALL THE WAY TO TAMPA BAY.

DARKSIDERS, KOOL-AIDERS, WARNER-PHILES, MATT-FANS, OLD, YOUNG, SMART, DUMB, GEE AND MOST OF ALL...

KOC!

Unite! The time is here. The place is now. Rage, rage against the dying of the light! We will not be detered. We will not watch ANOTHER of our home-teams lose a Conference Title or Title Game on it's own home-field. This team... this team which has tormented all of ours souls for one, two, three decades... even a full half century for some WILL BE OUR SALVATION FINALLY. Why? Because it's just that ridiculous and it's the only way anything like this can possibly happen to fans like us. Fans like us will never see our team be the favorite and actually WIN. No, we root for the most wretched franchise in sports (god love 'em) and the only way a franchise like that wins is by shocking the ever living snot out of everyone... and that's what's gonna happen this weekend.

I'll leave with a quote that sums up everything I believe is necessary to win this game... and any game of importance like this. From the great Jesse The Body Ventura:

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!

WHATEVER IT TAKES BOYS! GET IT DONE ON SUNDAY! NIRVANA IS JUST ONE GAME AWAY!

WHO'S WITH ME!?

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Yeah I posted that on another thread. We dedicate this NFC Championship game at the UoP to THE KoC!:thumbup::newcards:WE SHALL OVERCOME!

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Great rant cheese! I was speaking to a close friend who moved back east 2 years ago. He and I got our season tix together back in '01 and he remains a rabid Cards fan.
The sentiment you describe is generally felt by all Cards fans across the nation. For most, it's actually oddly unsettling if not altogether uncomfortable. And why shouldn't it be. Have any of us ever been in this position before with this franchise? To suggest this is new ground is like suggesting Charles Barkley has a drinking problem!
Yet, as unsettling and awkward as this feels, when you slow it all down, take a deep breath and consider the entirety of the moment, it actually does make sense... for all the reasons you've stated. Heck, we've got a black man in the White House! I swear I saw cats and dogs playing with eachother today! And yes - now, the football Cardinals will be playing in the Super Bowl... The obsurdity of it all is simply symmetrical!!
cheese - I'm SO down with you on this!!!

:thumbup:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm with ya' Cheesebeef...

I know the pull of the dark-side is STRONG. Many times on here I've tried to offer encouragement, to point out a silver-lining, only to be met with mostly doom & gloom responses. ...And that's OK. As die-hard fans' we all have our own perspectives. Half-empty/Half-Full. But in the end, WE ALL bleed "Cardinal" red! I will say this, in my 51+ years of life, I've learned NOTHING is impossible! Sometimes, for whatever reasons, things just break your way. WE have already over-come so many obstacles just to get to this point. ...And now, our opportunity is here. I mentioned many, many "posts" back when we were talking about free agency "defections" that IF a player chose to go somewhere else for more $$?? Well, GOD bless "em ...BUT they were going to miss out on being part of History. Most Super-Bowl teams are forgotten BUT....For the Cardinals to WIN?? Wouldn't that rank up there with the Jets of 69'?? I am NOT a Jets' fan but I KNOW the names Boozer, Snell, Maynard... DESTINY awaits, my friends. ENJOY THE MOMENT!! GO CARDS!! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!! :D

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Tillman would probably say ' Roger that'

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I know the pull of the dark-side is STRONG. Many times on here I've tried to offer encouragement, to point out a silver-lining, only to be met with mostly doom & gloom responses. ...And that's OK. As die-hard fans' we all have our own perspectives. Half-empty/Half-Full. But in the end, WE ALL bleed "Cardinal" red! I will say this, in my 51+ years of life, I've learned NOTHING is impossible! Sometimes, for whatever reasons, things just break your way. WE have already over-come so many obstacles just to get to this point. ...And now, our opportunity is here. I mentioned many, many "posts" back when we were talking about free agency "defections" that IF a player chose to go somewhere else for more $$?? Well, GOD bless "em ...BUT they were going to miss out on being part of History. Most Super-Bowl teams are forgotten BUT....For the Cardinals to WIN?? Wouldn't that rank up there with the Jets of 69'?? I am NOT a Jets' fan but I KNOW the names Boozer, Snell, Maynard... DESTINY awaits, my friends. ENJOY THE MOMENT!! GO CARDS!! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!! :D

Your post brings back the memories for me. You see , I too am 51+ and was 12 years old living in NY(LI) for that Jets Super Bowl Run. It was surreal sitting there watching them whip up the mighty Colts - 17 pt. favorites if memory serves me correctly. Yup the experts can still EAT THEIR PENCILS AND PADS!!! Because now here 39 years later - Here comes OUR ARIZONA CARDINALS TO SHOCK THE FOODBALL WORLD. WE SHALL OVERCOME!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is so hard to be humble. I just want to shout it out to the world that WE are going to the Super bowl. Every friend that I have talked to ALL believe the Cards have a great chance. ALL of them are pulling for the Cards, and how can you not be?
I've been saying it for a few weeks now. This year God is a Cardinal fan.

My Mom past away August 10th last year. Being an only child I asked family and friends to gather at her side to say our last good byes. Throught my tears I said " Go with Dad now. Stay by his side, and 1 day we will be together again".
I added,"One more thing Mom. Dad has been gone for 26 years and hasn't been able to help my beloved Cardinals. Maybe you can give him a hand".

Mom, you've done a great job.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this video version best sums up my thoughts if you replace Washington with Cardinals. Watch this (and no, don't worry, it's not one of mine and if you don't understand what I mean by Washington = Cardinals... just click and you will... oh you will!). Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRom1Rz8OA

He's coming! He's Coming! He's Coming!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF have you done with my Cheesie????

And please, please stay. I love this Cheese. He trumps my koolaid overdoses with an homage to Robert Downey Jr. Meets River Phoenix meets Johnny Cash meets Heath Ledger.

Holy crap I love this cheese.

Ouchie, did you take the leash off your bro or what??

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF have you done with my Cheesie????

And please, please stay. I love this Cheese. He trumps my koolaid overdoses with an homage to Robert Downey Jr. Meets River Phoenix meets Johnny Cash meets Heath Ledger.

Holy crap I love this cheese.

Ouchie, did you take the leash off your bro or what??

this email from my best friend coming in late to the online party today amongst my best friends from high school wins the "hitting the nail on the head" award today:

"I just checked 36 emails in a row for the first time since Al Gore invented the internet. This is getting out of hand.

I think for Scott's (yours truly) sake, we should all agree to bring bungee cords, rope, and plenty of masking tape to Tampa. We can't let him loose - I am not only concerned for Scott, but for the decent people of Tampa Bay. I think the only fair thing to do is to make Scott watch the game upright in one of those Hannibal Lecter restraint suits. If you think some measley little Suns-Spurs game seven is dangerous, we're talking Cardinals in a Super Bowl here people. Scary."

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm concur...jackass!

signed
Moktar Enjay

well, who are you? Moktar Enjay or concur...jackass?! ! My friend and I wrote a movie and using Moktar's name as one of the main characters! greatest name ever!

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait till y'all see me at Halftime of the Super Bowl with my Super Beard! Yup, that's right. I shaved the day of the Falcons day and I ain't shaving again till we win the whole fricking thing.

SUPER BEARD!!!!!!!!!!

I've officially gone cukoo cards crazy.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All hail cheese. He drained the Koolaid, pissed it out into a gatorade bucket and drank it down again.

Damn man...you MUST come by our tailgate. We might chest bump and simultaneously explode with koolaid drenching all parking lots around the UOP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05