Tales From The Darkside: To my followers, Kool-aiders and everyone else

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I would love if the Cards win. However, as great as they have played over the last 2 games, I am torn between two things. Is this team overachieving right now and just riding momentum or is this team peaking at the right time and finally come together.

I would be lying if I said I knew. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised either way this game turns out. It could be a blow out for the Eagles again or a dog fight with a Cardinal win. I don't see a blowout from the Cards though. That Eagles defense looks good right now.

All I know for certain is that I am damn proud of this team and what they have done. I will be cheering the Cards on every snap of this game. Go Cards!!!! Keep my dream of a Cards vs. Steelers Superbowl alive.

To answer your question this is the precipce of somethng special IMO. Much like the Buccaneers after Dungy took over - it took a special coach to get us out of the abyss and change the culture here.

From this point on Wisenhunt's job gets infinitely easier as he instantly has everyones ear and respect and if you don't buy in you are gone. Its an important corner to turn and only winning can make it happen. That's why last weeks win was so big.

With some our built in advantages (stadium, weather, Mike B now spending money) it will be easier to build on this success. And much like the Bucs I don't think we will ever be considered that laughingstock we once were. It will even be easier to convince a big time HC to come on board once Wiz is done (hopefully not for decades) now that he has shown you can win here.

That's not to say it's our preordained birth right to be in NFC Championships all of a sudden. But I think we are going to get the benefit of the doubt going forward and SOC is a thing of the past....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer your question this is the precipce of somethng special IMO. Much like the Buccaneers after Dungy took over - it took a special coach to get us out of the abyss and change the culture here.

From this point on Wisenhunt's job gets infinitely easier as he instantly has everyones ear and respect and if you don't buy in you are gone. Its an important corner to turn and only winning can make it happen. That's why last weeks win was so big.

With some our built in advantages (stadium, weather, Mike B now spending money) it will be easier to build on this success. And much like the Bucs I don't think we will ever be considered that laughingstock we once were. It will even be easier to convince a big time HC to come on board once Wiz is done (hopefully not for decades) now that he has shown you can win here.

That's not to say it's our preordained birth right to be in NFC Championships all of a sudden. But I think we are going to get the benefit of the doubt going forward and SOC is a thing of the past....

Good points. I could definitely see this happening to us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All hail cheese. He drained the Koolaid, pissed it out into a gatorade bucket and drank it down again.

Damn man...you MUST come by our tailgate. We might chest bump and simultaneously explode with koolaid drenching all parking lots around the UOP!

cheese is not allowed to chest bump. that'll result in 7 additional months of living with our parents. i would not wish that on my parents.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'll pm my cell phone. We are in Lot F...we eat the opposing team's lunch, literally...cheesesteaks are on tap for Sunday. And lots of brew. It's a great area. I know Wendy is in that area too, as are several ASFN guys. Just make the rounds, my man.

everyone that tailgates should put up a small flag or poster that says "ASFN" on it, so casual ASFN passersby can stop and rant. oh wait, no one wants to hear my suggestions regarding playoff tailgating . . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great description! We're all going through our days doing what we have to do, but inside we are just a giant bowl of jello jiggling with excitement. There is TNT in the jello that could explode on Sunday.

this is a perfect description of my week thus far. i sit at my desk "working" and all the while my legs are bouncing underneath as i swim in thoughts of nfc championship . . . REALLY?!? NFC CHAMPIONSHIP?!? and then i have to remind myself that everyone around me (particularly here in socal) aren't as giddy as am i. they aren't thinking football right now. it's not possessing them. and i think THEY'RE odd . . . lol.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
OMFG! I just booked 1 ticket to Tampa on SouthWest! My husband IS GONNA KILL ME!!! :thud:

That's ok ... I had a credit that was about to expire anyways.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
everyone that tailgates should put up a small flag or poster that says "ASFN" on it, so casual ASFN passersby can stop and rant. oh wait, no one wants to hear my suggestions regarding playoff tailgating . . . .

agreed - everyone should do this so we know who WE are.

Not even God himself could part this Red Sea on Sunday!

BRING ON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!! (trust me, the Eagles game is merely a formality at this point.)

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to get off topic, but where's 40yr ??

he was lurking last night... I think he even posted a score... but I guess now that we're in the bigtime, he's big-timing us! THAT DIRTY SOB! SHOW YOURSELF 40!!!!!!! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!!!!!!

SUPER BEARD/BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!

yup... it's that time of night where Cheese starts going Cards crazy!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am bouncing between supreme overconfidence, to confidence, to worry, to nervous laughter, to choking up, and back again.

This week is going to play havoc with my emotions.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
For years and years I have been on this board, often ranting and raving about how horrible we were going to be or were and how we were doomed forever until a certain someone was not making key decisions... and most of the time... I was right!:) (Mao if you bring that Josh McCown thread up, I will hunt you down like the dog you are and kill you till you are dead).

I was told I wasn't even a Cardinals fan from some people when I first showed up. Crimson was sure I was a Cowboys fan for some reason. I was mocked when I said I was betting my last unemployment check against the Cards as 15 point dogs against San Fran back in 2003 and I parlayed the winnings from that 50-14 shellacking into an even bigger bet against us, again, 15 point dogs, against Seattle which they won 28-10. I was derided when I said the Emmitt Smith signing was a joke, not getting anything for David Boston was awful, the draft day trade bringing Calvin Douche and Skillet Hands was an abomination, missing out on AP was the biggest mistake we've ever made, basically the fact that we'd be terrible in years 2003-6, and Nidan's lack of a sense of humour (just kidding Nidan... and to prove that I even spelled that the english way! :)). Why am I telling you all this? To pat myself on the back? To say Cheese Rocks! Cheese Rocks! No, it's because I was right then and BY GUM I'M GONNA BE RIGHT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND!

Take a deep breath because you are about to see words you would swear you'd NEVER see coming in one of my posts:

THE CARDINALS WILL BE IN THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR

That's right. No ifs, and, buts about it. I don't care who's suited up. I don't care if the roofs open or closed (but keep it closed damnit). I don't care if Eagles fans somehow take over the stadium and Andy Reid's beard eats Kurt Warner...

WE WILL NOT LOSE THIS GAME - PERIOD.

Just how sure are you Cheese? If that's what you're asking (and you're probably not at this point but... anyways)... so sure that I've already booked flights to Tampa for me, Pappa Cheese and Brother-not-Ouchie (and the only reason I didn't book Ouchie's is because he's flying from a different city than me) so that when we do win on Sunday, I've already gotten a head start on planning and gotten a week's better pricing on those ridiculous airline tickets and on top of that, I've already called my boy from HS who I haven't spoken to in a couple years and told him he should probably send his wife and kids to his parents house for the weekend because the Fearsome Foursome of the Shapiros are coming to take over his house in Tampa Bay!

It's been a dark 20 years, with the just the occassional ray of light sprinkled in here or there. Most of us at one time or another have thought we were really just a franchise buried alive, or at least in a deep dark hole. Folks, that light is flickering brighter and brighter now and it's finally time to come to the realization that we're not in a hole... we're in a tunnel. Let's just keep walking... ALL THE WAY TO TAMPA BAY.

DARKSIDERS, KOOL-AIDERS, WARNER-PHILES, MATT-FANS, OLD, YOUNG, SMART, DUMB, GEE AND MOST OF ALL...

KOC!

Unite! The time is here. The place is now. Rage, rage against the dying of the light! We will not be detered. We will not watch ANOTHER of our home-teams lose a Conference Title or Title Game on it's own home-field. This team... this team which has tormented all of ours souls for one, two, three decades... even a full half century for some WILL BE OUR SALVATION FINALLY. Why? Because it's just that ridiculous and it's the only way anything like this can possibly happen to fans like us. Fans like us will never see our team be the favorite and actually WIN. No, we root for the most wretched franchise in sports (god love 'em) and the only way a franchise like that wins is by shocking the ever living snot out of everyone... and that's what's gonna happen this weekend.

I'll leave with a quote that sums up everything I believe is necessary to win this game... and any game of importance like this. From the great Jesse The Body Ventura:

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!

WHATEVER IT TAKES BOYS! GET IT DONE ON SUNDAY! NIRVANA IS JUST ONE GAME AWAY!

WHO'S WITH ME!?

LOL Cheese. Where have the last six years gone man?

Yeah I doubted you when I first got on the board. You and Ouchie seemed to revel in our suckiness a little too much. In the Mackage.

But you and the other darksiders taught me that true fans can have very different prespectives. It was an important life lesson actually.

And now here we are. All the die hards. A rag tag group of misfits that have been electrified by team that makes Cinderella look like a two touchdown favorite.

It seems only fitting that the cardinals stunk up the field the last part of the season. Would it really be a true Cardinals team without a couple shockingly pathetic performances?

And yet as part of this weird transition from loser to winner, this team, instead of going along with the script written by the establishment, got up off the mat.

Sunday is your payday Cheese. Compensation for endless pitying looks from sportsbar waitresses, Smug snears from fans of old NFC east foes, and eyerolls from ESPN analysts.

When the football is over on Sunday, you'll be on top of the hill Cheese, and they will be looking up at you. Sunday is your moment in the Sun. I sincerely hope that you enjoy it my friend.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL Cheese. Where have the last six years gone man?

Yeah I doubted you when I first got on the board. You and Ouchie seemed to revel in our suckiness a little too much. In the Mackage.

But you and the other darksiders taught me that true fans can have very different prespectives. It was an important life lesson actually.

And now here we are. All the die hards. A rag tag group of misfits that have been electrified by team that makes Cinderella look like a two touchdown favorite.

It seems only fitting that the cardinals stunk up the field the last part of the season. Would it really be a true Cardinals team without a couple shockingly pathetic performances?

And yet as part of this weird transition from loser to winner, this team, instead of going along with the script written by the establishment, got up off the mat.

Sunday is your payday Cheese. Compensation for endless pitying looks from sportsbar waitresses, Smug snears from fans of old NFC east foes, and eyerolls from ESPN analysts.

When the football is over on Sunday, you'll be on top of the hill Cheese, and they will be looking up at you. Sunday is your moment in the Sun. I sincerely hope that you enjoy it my friend.

Crimson, Sunday will be OUR moment in the Sun! Just like the Cards players, we fans DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am bouncing between supreme overconfidence, to confidence, to worry, to nervous laughter, to choking up, and back again.

I've actually kind of mellowed from my ridiculousness of yesterday when I was fighting back tears and posting about a mile a minute but my supreme confidence (there's nothing over about it) has not wavered. There's no way in hell we lose this game. NO FREAKING WAY.

like I said earlier, the only way this team was EVER gonna get to the Super Bowl was going as the most unlikliest team of all time... and well, that's what they are. Not only were they left for dead at the end of the season, but it's once MVP QB, who completely fell by the wayside for years after a storybook start to his NFL Career, once again looked like an MVP candidate.. before falling by the wayside within the same season... and now... he looks like an MVP candidate again.

Think about it - we're the ultimate cinderella team (no one plays red-headed step-child like the Cardinals) led by the the ultimate cinderella player in the history of pro-sports in bag-boy to MVP Kurt. Everything in the playoffs that we needed to happen in order to witness the NFC Title game happened... the stars, moon and sun have somehow aligned and on Sunday that alignment will make the UOP burn so bright that the Eagles will be scorched upon just hitting the field. All that'll be left to do at that point will be for the Cardinals to take out the trash... because that's what the Eagles are... TRASH.

Get your flights to Tampa NOW, before those prices skyrocket folks.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
WTF have you done with my Cheesie????

And please, please stay. I love this Cheese. He trumps my koolaid overdoses with an homage to Robert Downey Jr. Meets River Phoenix meets Johnny Cash meets Heath Ledger.

Holy crap I love this cheese.

Ouchie, did you take the leash off your bro or what??

Dam its true he finally met Mr. Chief Boyadee and he loves the Cardinals!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Man, me too. One minute I think we're gonna roll Philly and the next I think, "No way. This is the ultimate goof on us Cardinal fans. It's just too impossible to believe. The Cards in the Super Bowl?"

I'm on an emotional rollercoaster.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And also Cheese, ef you for that damn Washington video.

Holy hell that has been in my head all day. Watched it three times in a row a second ago.

6 foot 20 and effing killing for fun.

He saves Children, but not the Eagle Children. He saves Children, but not the Eagle Children. He saves Children, but not the Eagle Children. He saves Children, but not the Eagle Children.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about it - we're the ultimate cinderella team (no one plays red-headed step-child like the Cardinals) led by the the ultimate cinderella player in the history of pro-sports in bag-boy to MVP Kurt. Everything in the playoffs that we needed to happen in order to witness the NFC Title game happened... the stars, moon and sun have somehow aligned and on Sunday that alignment will make the UOP burn so bright that the Eagles will be scorched upon just hitting the field. All that'll be left to do at that point will be for the Cardinals to take out the trash... because that's what the Eagles are... TRASH..

Dude, I'm soooo feeling that. We have the ultimate "team of destiny" vibe around us right now. Underdogs, hated on every station, blog and newspaper. All dominoes lining up our way and falling precisely.

It is surreal. We are living in a Salvador Dali painting.

The rapture surely cometh....

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down and Out 2! Catch it!

one of the few... the proud to have watch my opus. You're in good company - Cardavenger, Cardinals.Ken and Rivercard... who wrote the greatest (and only) review of all time for that movie!

and yes Donald... this team's got a pocket full of horses and f's the s%it out of bears! They're coming... they're coming... they're coming...

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they once put an Eagle's wife's hand... in a jar of acid... at a party...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05