Team pushing hard for E. James signing before he leaves town

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
If we get James, I'd trade Arrington/#10 to move into the top 5 to get V. Davis. We can get a change-of-pace scatback later in the draft or in FA....

I would too but that won't get it done, more like this years 1st + this years 4th + next years 1st to move up 5+ spots

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Alexander got a 8 year/$62M deal, right? I'd bet that James' deal is 5 yr/$36M. That means that we spent the extra cap space we got in the new CBA! We still have $17M left over even after the Clancy signing!!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
If we get James, I'd trade Arrington/#10 to move into the top 5 to get V. Davis. We can get a change-of-pace scatback later in the draft or in FA....

Why not sell the farm to get to #2.... Matt Leinhart.

If Brees is in NO they won't want him anymore.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anytimeuwnt said:
Why not sell the farm to get to #2.... Matt Leinhart.

If Brees is in NO they won't want him anymore.

If we get James then I'd be all about that.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my God!! This better be true. Hopefully Davis falls to us and we would have an unstoppabe offense! I really hope this report is true....

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
hopefully this is about to happen. This will be the biggest free agent signing in Cardinals history. I just hope Rosenhaus isn't playing games with the media.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Alexander got a 8 year/$62M deal, right? I'd bet that James' deal is 5 yr/$36M. That means that we spent the extra cap space we got in the new CBA! We still have $17M left over even after the Clancy signing!!!!
John Clayton reported the Redskins picked up and flew in like 5 free agents Llyod, Randle EL, Carter, Archuletta and some others today and expect to sign them all tomorrow, things are moving very fast..

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
John Clayton reported the Redskins picked up and flew in like 5 free agents Randle EL, Carter, Archuletta and some others today and expect to sign them all tomorrow, things are moving very fast..
I'll put that one down in the random book.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
John Clayton reported the Redskins picked up and flew in like 5 free agents Randle EL, Carter, Archuletta and some others today and expect to sign them all tomorrow, things are moving very fast..

How can the 'Skins do that? Even with the new CBA I didn't think they would have that kind of cap space.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I hope this is true.

A-Bomb

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
How can the 'Skins do that? Even with the new CBA I didn't think they would have that kind of cap space.

I agree even with the CBA they still had to shave a bunch of cap space? Makes no sense.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Assface said:

Not sure, probably something to do with exceeding the cap via upfront money and creative contracts.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alexander's deal is for 23 mil over the first three years with 11.5 mil up front. At that point, he will almost certainly be cut or the deal will be done. That's the sort of money James will sign for. The back end of the deal will be meaningless other than a big number for the agent to get published in the paper.

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
If this is true, It changes everything for the draft. We could stay at 10 and get Vernon Davis imop. Or we could move up and try to get that QBOF, or if we move up we could grab the BRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! then move Big D back inside, OR..........

It's like im 5 years old again :D

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I have been checking the various sites I know and I don't see anything on this report yet...not even on Fox Sports.com, anyone else heard this first hand yet?

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Sirius NFL Radio is talking like the Cardinals signed him.

They said "Kurt Warner has played with some good running backs, but wait until he gets to play with Edge"

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:

They said "Kurt Warner has played with some good running backs, but wait until he gets to play with Edge"

As good as Edge is he still isnt as good as Marshall Faulk in his prime. JMHO!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:

I was listening about an hour ago and they were saying he was in for a visit. I wonder if they are still going on that info.

A-Bomb

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Shane H said:
As good as Edge is he still isnt as good as Marshall Faulk in his prime. JMHO!

Agreed. But they were talking about how well he breaks tackles and busts through the holes.. I didn't catch the whole conversation though.. 2 minute drill coming up so we'll see if they say anything. NFL Radio usually knows before anyone else about signings....