telling stat

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
29 yards passing (AZ) to 239 yards passing (Vikes) in the first quarter.....sux:(

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
29 yards passing (AZ) to 239 yards passing (Vikes) in the first quarter.....sux:(

yeah but you have to keep in mind that we don't have our starting receivers out there so its kind of tough to judge.

Also it appears that the Vikes are taking this game very seriously (lots of passing on offense and a good amount of blitzing early on defense) while Dennis Green seems to be going very vanilla.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
yeah but you have to keep in mind that we don't have our starting receivers out there so its kind of tough to judge.

Also it appears that the Vikes are taking this game very seriously (lots of passing on offense and a good amount of blitzing early on defense) while Dennis Green seems to be going very vanilla.

We blitzed very, very little. I hope we get more aggressive next week.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
We blitzed very, very little. I hope we get more aggressive next week.

I don't know about that. I'd rather wait until the regular season to show our blitzing schemes and take the opponent by surprise.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
I don't know about that. I'd rather wait until the regular season to show our blitzing schemes and take the opponent by surprise.

That was Tobin's philosophy the entire time he was here and it never worked.

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not worried...well, maybe a little. You have to go vanilla and not show your cards too early. We need a lot of work and this will help us learn. Remember McGinnis stressed getting wins in preseason to let the team know what it feels like to win games. We went 4-0 in preseason and everything was coming up roses. Then the season rolled around and all we had was thorns. Let Minny enjoy their BIG victory tonight. Man they're something aren't they? Yeah, when the games don't count! :wave: Suckers.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
"Remember the Cowboys". I hate this to be a mantra, but remember how bad they looked last year in preseason, They turned out to be a prettry good team.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
That was Tobin's philosophy the entire time he was here and it never worked.

True but Coach Mac's philosophy was to show them everything in the preseason like the games mattered and then our opponents knew what was comming in the regular season.

I wouldn't mind us getting more aggressive as the preseason goes along. I just don't want to give away too much of our defensive scheme in games that don't matter.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
CardsRep03 said:
I'm not worried...well, maybe a little. You have to go vanilla and not show your cards too early. We need a lot of work and this will help us learn. Remember McGinnis stressed getting wins in preseason to let the team know what it feels like to win games. We went 4-0 in preseason and everything was coming up roses. Then the season rolled around and all we had was thorns. Let Minny enjoy their BIG victory tonight. Man they're something aren't they? Yeah, when the games don't count! :wave: Suckers.
I do have to say this, for as bad as the Cards looked (and c'mon they did look pretty bad and yes, it is the 1st game so understandably so and there were some good spots) the Vikes didn't really do alot against the 1st team except for the Moss TD and some passes and it was against the Cards...I don't see them doing anything all that great this year, this was there game from last year that they lost..I don't like the Vikes anyway.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Lenny_Biscuit said:
"Remember the Cowboys". I hate this to be a mantra, but remember how bad they looked last year in preseason, They turned out to be a prettry good team.
WEll, I hope you're right because we looked horrible tonight. Started off fairly well, especially on defense but our offense was in neutral all night.

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Our O line is awful. I know that the Vikes have a very good Dline if not the best in the NFL, but jesus. McCown did make very good decisions, not forcing and taking waht was there. We need a NEW F&***&** Kicker.