The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great stuff. Watching ESPNEWS and seeing KB hit the deck with his shoulder made me shutter.

AB's two big plays were money,

Yes, the fall on that shoulder was quite scary.

We need Kwame back in a big, big way.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, BTW even though Drew did not get the start, he had two HUGE plays late in the game...dunking off an alleyoop from Kobe (shoved in the back by Melo for a no call...stop snitchin) and then blocked melo like a monster.

Great stuff from Drew even though he wasn't active scoring and they weren't looking for him a lot, his defensive play was good.
The judges will accept AB as an acceptable way to refer to Bynum. Drew is lame and seems to reference Drew Gooden. It is also unnecessary as Bynum is only one more letter.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The judges will accept AB as an acceptable way to refer to Bynum. Drew is lame and seems to reference Drew Gooden. It is also unnecessary as Bynum is only one more letter.

The judges suck. And can suck it.

Andy came back from anger management as a happier Andy, and wanted to be called Drew. Jim Halpert would not abide, and that sucked for Drew. Thus, Drew is always acceptable for an Andrew, anytime. Don't be a Halpert.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, Lakers have had the second toughest schedule with a SOS of .573, only second to the Cavs at .579. There are a couple of other teams in the .55 range.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, Lakers have had the second toughest schedule with a SOS of .573, only second to the Cavs at .579. There are a couple of other teams in the .55 range.
That will come in handy when the Drew Careys miss the playoffs.

(Smack Shack)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the Cav's -5.25 margin per game probably has something to do with their rankings, when compared to the Lakers +4.42.

Suns are +6, Spurs +9.11 and the Crapeltics are an eyepopping +13.29. :eek:

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ironically Bynum's nickname is A-Bomb.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice second half for the Lakers to beat the Warriors 123-113 with the starters resting for the second half of the fourth.

Bynum had a GREAT game. Bynum with 20-11-5 blocks...10th double double of the year.

7 guys in double figures.

Ariza was a perfect pickup for this team...good defender and athletic as all hell.

Kobe had 28 points and 8 assists. Odom also with a double double.

Lakers move to 12-8 and keep GS behind them in the standings.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and they wore their Showtime throwback uniforms...love those big block numbers!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice second half for the Lakers to beat the Warriors 123-113 with the starters resting for the second half of the fourth.

Bynum had a GREAT game. Bynum with 20-11-5 blocks...10th double double of the year.

7 guys in double figures.

Ariza was a perfect pickup for this team...good defender and athletic as all hell.

Kobe had 28 points and 8 assists. Odom also with a double double.

Lakers move to 12-8 and keep GS behind them in the standings.
Anyone still think Bynum is going to be traded?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone still think Bynum is going to be traded?

Probably.

He is on a path that is going to make him a great player. I was completely wrong when I thought he was soft mentally...Phil is testing him, too. He recently called him out and this is how the guy responded.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers beat a shorthanded Spurs team, despite playing like manure the entire game. They sleptwalked through that thing. Ugly win...but I'll take it and enjoy the 4 game winning streak. Gonna be tough playing Golden State in their house on the end of a back to back...but I'd love to see this streak get pushed along for awhile.

Bynum got ejected in the third for losing his GD mind after his first tech and he said something, god knows what, but Kobe jumped on him to calm him down and then proceeded to tear the ref apart and I thought he'd get a T himself. While it sucked not having Bynum, I sure did like to see him all fired up. Pop's strategy was to really manhandle him in the game to see how he'd react...lots of shoving and holding and pushing on him. Hope he learns from it.

Kobe said yesterday he's happy as a Laker and he's glad that he was not traded. Mitch said they will continue to look at trades to improve the team, around Kobe. Current drama status...yellow.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, Donald, I'd like to thank you for being a Lakers fan. Finally something other than very very old boring ASU/UofA garbage in here. ;)

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers beat a shorthanded Spurs team, despite playing like manure the entire game. They sleptwalked through that thing. Ugly win...but I'll take it and enjoy the 4 game winning streak. Gonna be tough playing Golden State in their house on the end of a back to back...but I'd love to see this streak get pushed along for awhile.

Bynum got ejected in the third for losing his GD mind after his first tech and he said something, god knows what, but Kobe jumped on him to calm him down and then proceeded to tear the ref apart and I thought he'd get a T himself. While it sucked not having Bynum, I sure did like to see him all fired up. Pop's strategy was to really manhandle him in the game to see how he'd react...lots of shoving and holding and pushing on him. Hope he learns from it.

Kobe said yesterday he's happy as a Laker and he's glad that he was not traded. Mitch said they will continue to look at trades to improve the team, around Kobe. Current drama status...yellow.

I fell asleep at halftime. I blame the Spurs. They are so boring.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fell asleep at halftime. I blame the Spurs. They are so boring.

:eek:

You missed Drew's techs then??

Holy crap dude...he looked like he was gonna hit someone, ref or player is unknown. His second tech was called from the opposite baseline, and he was dropping MFbombs as he was taken out of the game. The Lakers proceeded to reel off 6 unanswered points after it, so at least it had some effect. They then went back into sleep mode thugh, until about 8 minutes left in the fourth.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek:

You missed Drew's techs then??

Holy crap dude...he looked like he was gonna hit someone, ref or player is unknown. His second tech was called from the opposite baseline, and he was dropping MFbombs as he was taken out of the game. The Lakers proceeded to reel off 6 unanswered points after it, so at least it had some effect. They then went back into sleep mode thugh, until about 8 minutes left in the fourth.

Saw it on SC this morning and said, "wow, that is good to see".

Apparently KB liked it too;

Kobe on Bynum getting tossed: "Andrew should be proud of himself," he said. "First ejection. He went out in style."

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, there is a first time for everything. :)
:thumbup:

I actually don't really care that you & abomb (and BIM, and whoever else) are Lakers fans, other than the fact it makes me feel sorry for you. Kinda like if someone I really liked was a Cowboys fan. I'd just feel bad for them. Seems like you're enjoying this season so far, though, so that's cool.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wasn't even sure who they were talking about at first. Drew sucks for Byrum. It really does.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05