The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade.

Lamar.

Odom.

He has to be absolutely the dumbest player in the league in crunch time. 3 major ef-ups in the final two minutes at his hands. Kobe and I both yelling Time Out when they got the rebound. Not..lazy ass half ass non-ball protection play..go!

Kobe has a groin injury...Lakers blow a win. No excuses there. This game made me sick.

And Bynum had a GREAT night with 17 and 16, but they couldn't get him the ball on one of those last two trips?

This was a win, you jackasses...and you pissed it away. #4 and #2 offense in the league...stupid, stupid stupid lakers. You had 5 in a row going with a niiice looking schedule on the horizon.

Every single Laker should be pissed as hell. This also means you, Ronny, for your 1-4 free throw stretch.

Ugh...way to start a weekend.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, Donald, I'd like to thank you for being a Lakers fan. Finally something other than very very old boring ASU/UofA garbage in here. ;)

Thanks for redirecting my attention to the nutmunching lakers! This is what you had in mind by this post right? ;)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Wow.. a lot more Laker fans here then I expected. :thumbup:

I was sorry to hear about the loss to the Warriors, that 5 in a row would have been nice.

Anyone know how bad Kobe's injury is? Hopefully it doesn't keep him out very long, they aren't going to be a very good team without Kobe.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And while Gee posts pics dated from when the Lakers won their last THREE championships, the Lakers blow out the Clippers. Who was it that said the Lakers might not even be the best team in LA, and that by the end of december they'd be 5 games under .500? Ah, it was Hugh D'Man and butters who said they'd be 10 games under .500 in january. Cheese said maybe not 10, but maybe 5.

Thank goodness our bench has finally arrived...Kobe averaging 36 minutes a night instead of 43 is really, really good.

• Bynum 14-9 and 6 blocks
  • Kobe 32-8-3 on 50% shooting (his groin isn't great, exercises it during timeouts with this weird band thing, was a game time decision and he says he has to adjust his stride and take shorter, choppier steps)
  • Luke with a really good 6-6 shooting night, 15 points.
  • Sasha put in 14 in the 4th

Man, that Golden State loss really hurts, could have been just a game and a half behind the Suns instead of 2.5, but this was a good bounceback.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, and the Lakers are still plowing through the league's toughest schedule at SOS .545 (Raptors have second hardest at .539).

That's not gonna change with the Suns on Xmas and Boston before new years.

Lakers third in the league in scoring, behind the suns and warriors. The Lakers and Suns stats are oddly similar. Almost the same differential, with the suns scoring two more ppg but allowing two more ppg as well.

Lakers need to work on their D.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And while Gee posts pics dated from when the Lakers won their last THREE championships, the Lakers blow out the Clippers. Who was it that said the Lakers might not even be the best team in LA, and that by the end of december they'd be 5 games under .500? Ah, it was Hugh D'Man and butters who said they'd be 10 games under .500 in january. Cheese said maybe not 10, but maybe 5.
So what is the Lakers record? I'm way too lazy to look it up, and honestly have no clue.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It matters not.. The fact remains the same, the lakers are a sorry team..

Only those who haven't tasted an NBA title for their favorite team would say that "it matters not." It matters....it is the ONLY thing that matters.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I have to admit, I have been pleasantly surprised by Bynum's play this year. There is still rumor that he's up for trade, but at this point, I would have to say that's non sense. The kid is really starting to step up, is averaging a double double, and has been one of the best low post defenders in the league. Watching him leap up and block shots is a thing of beauty.

I admit it, during the off season, I supported the idea of packaging Bynum in trade for Jermaine O'neal, which it now seems would have been a horrible mistake. Luckily Doctor Buss and Mitch Kupcheck know what they're doing better then I do. I'm not sure if the Lakers have all the parts they need for a serious title run this year, but they are looking much better then anyone would have guessed so far. If they make a little more progress in a few areas (most notably their transition defense) they'll be right there in the hunt this year.

Hopefully they keep it up and win one for their biggest fan.. Gee! :lol:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only those who haven't tasted an NBA title for their favorite team would say that "it matters not." It matters....it is the ONLY thing that matters.

What does Kobe being a rapist and laker fans making a disgrace outta them selves with weird hats while crying have anything to do with championships.. What a twisted thought process.. But then again, your a laker fan in AZ..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05