OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Non-Lakers but pretty crazy

Bill Simmons said:
Since I'm the VP of Common Sense and all, I have to devote a paragraph to praising Seattle GM Sam Presti for turning Rashard Lewis, a guy who was leaving, anyway, into three first-round picks. Amazing. One of the picks (Phoenix's 2010 pick) even has an outside chance of landing in the lottery if Shaq and Steve Nash go south within the next three years. Presti's Sonics hold 13 picks in the next three years, including six first-rounders.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Sam Presti has done a fantastic job making something out of nothing in Seattle. If they are smart with those picks, they could be a deadly team for the next 10 years or more. I give the Sonics props, they are doing a great job rebuilding that team.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Hey, if you guys haven't seen this yet, check it out.. It's a video of Pau's arrival for the first time in LA. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080219pausfirsthomegame.html

He seems very happy to be in LA, very kind to everyone he meets, just seems like a real class act. He's pretty much mobbed for comments and interviews from the minute he gets off the bus, but he's happy and smiling through it all.

I'm still in awe that we actually got this guy.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First place in the West...throttled the Clips.

Defense was good...shots weren't falling as much as I'd like and was a bit sloppy.

Keep winning....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers have played a league low 25 home games so far.

We have 16 home and 11 road remaining.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
In the last 9 games Lamar Odom has 7 double doubles. He had 18 in the previous 45 games. He's averaging 15.2 points and 12.4 rebounds since acquiring Pau Gasol.

Oh yeah, and the Lakers are 8-1 in that span. :D

Keep it up guys!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the last 9 games Lamar Odom has 7 double doubles. He had 18 in the previous 45 games. He's averaging 15.2 points and 12.4 rebounds since acquiring Pau Gasol.

Oh yeah, and the Lakers are 8-1 in that span. :D

Keep it up guys!

I think it was Stein that said "when Lamar Odom is your third best guy, you're really good. And he might be their fourth best guy."

With Bynum back, we will be a force.

Bynum, during the game, was interviewed and said that he's still 4-6 weeks away and that April 1 is a best case. All I want is 5-8 games with him to get worked into the flow...he'll get worked in more during the first round matchup which I HOPE we are hosting an 8 seed in.

I love the fact that we have a legit title contender right now, and that our oldest major piece is 31 in Fish, with Kobe being 29 and the best in the biz, then 27 for Gasol and Odom, and 20-21 for Farmar and Bynum. Our title window is HUGE. Love it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KB's ribs sore

Gasol scored five times while being fouled and took a lot of pressure off Bryant, who played most of the game after hurting his ribs.

"I pulled my rib there, a little bit in the first quarter," Bryant said. "It helps when the rest of the team is picking up the slack, and I can have a game like I had tonight."

Dude would need his head and arms cut off to be inneffective in a game. Maybe a leg as well.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Seriously.. how is it that Kobe has never won MVP? It just doesn't seem possible. If he doesn't win it this year, I'm gonna be seriously pissed.

No one else is even close to Kobe in that race.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Seriously.. how is it that Kobe has never won MVP? It just doesn't seem possible. If he doesn't win it this year, I'm gonna be seriously pissed.

Not just that, Kobe has never finished higher than third! Maybe if the Lakers win the West this season, he will finally get the respect from the writers that he deserves.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Not just that, Kobe has never finished higher than third! Maybe if the Lakers win the West this season, he will finally get the respect from the writers that he deserves.

I hope so, because he very much deserves it.

On another note..

Vujacic = Sniper

Sasha is looking good in Seattle! :D

Lakers up 48-27 in the 2nd quarter.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Previous years the players who won deserved it. This is Kobe's year. He's helping his teammates and still getting his. Especially with the run the Lakers are on now, I can't imagine anyone else winning the MVP this year.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Not good.. Lakers have a nice lead in the 3rd so Kobe gets into it with the official and gets ejected.

it's currently 90-64 Lakers, but the Lakers have to go the rest of the way with no Kobe. Kobe can't be doing that, he has to keep his cool. We aren't so good that we can afford to play without our MVP and expect to win on a regular basis.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice win. KB was looking to get thrown out the way he was riding that ref up and down the court.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum is going to gel with this group immediately...I have no doubts.

KB getting tossed was good in a way...forced the team to work without him and keep the win. Sure, they lost 11 points off of the lead, but still.

And Luke pisses me off. I'd rather start Sasha and slide Kobe to the 3 until vlad is healthy, or start Ronny at the 4.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I have to laugh at all the people that think the teams chemistry will be destroyed when Bynum comes back. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It's just wishful thinking by people that are going to be sad to see the Lakers win another 3 (or more) titles.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice to wake up and see the Lakers in first place by a full game after the Suns eclipse yesterday and Lakers win.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's how Phil Jackson saw the ejection of Kobe by referee Brian Forte, the son of long-time NBA official Joe Forte, courtesy of beat writer Elliott Teaford:

“You don’t know what the action was down there, but there were a
couple of situations where we got caught in the position where guys were
coming over the back, and we were complaining about it at halftime,
about rebound situations that were not called. Seattle is an aggressive
team. They’re going to go get those balls if they’re free.

“I told (Bryant) he shouldn’t jump on Junior. His dad might carry a
grudge against him. That’s nepotism in our league. That’s Joe
Forte’s son. He’s got a little bit of the red-ass as we say.”

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon Roy got hurt Sunday night and will have an MRI Monday. He could miss the Lakers' game on Tuesday night.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice to wake up and see the Lakers in first place by a full game after the Suns eclipse yesterday and Lakers win.
It was so bad Nick & I didn't even watch all of it. I think we stopped watching somewhere in the beginning of the 4th. Bad, ugly basketball. Blech.