The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Hell, that's my favorite part...I love garbage time because I love this bench.

Its made a huge improvement. Ive almost come to expect our second unit to dominate the oppositions second unit and gain some seperation on the scoreboard. Sasha has been ignited...........the Winter X-Games extraordinaire has found his shot once again and Farmar...........man. He's coming around with that long range jumper now. All three have an immense amount of confidence and they're comfortable now. And youve gotta love that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but could anyone named Pao ever survive maggots eating out their arm? I think not.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until we get Bynum back. Amare can't take the lane with him there.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Yeah, we need Bynum badly. Shaq and Amare together are just too much to defend. I really like the matchup of Gasol on Amare, Amare is way to soft on the defensive end to stop him, but without Bynum to help with Shaq it's gonna be tough. If Shaq can stay healthy long enough to get into better shape, we won't win a 7 game series without Bynum IMO.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A co-worker and I have made bets on all but one of the games this season. I won $10 from the first game, we skipped the 2nd Laker win (I think he turned his phone off on purpose LOL), and I lost $10 with the Lakers loss without Bynum. So - we were even after 3 games (even though I technically should have been up $10 :D ). Just after that Suns' win he got cocky and upped the stakes. I'll collect my $20 tomorrow. :thumbup:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
This was the best Laker win in years. I'm very happy that we were able to pull it out. Phoenix is a great team, and anytime you beat them in a playoff type environment, you have to be happy. The 3-1 series win will really help us in the Standings.

We need Bynum back though, that much is for sure. Shaq and Amare are a tough duo. Amare ate us alive tonight.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must. Get. Bynum. Back.

He is needed.

Pau is fantastic for us though...love him.

And we also need Ariza back in a big way.

As happy as I am with the win, allowing that many points is just freaking ridiculous. We are a better defensive team than that.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Must. Get. Bynum. Back.

He is needed.

Pau is fantastic for us though...love him.

And we also need Ariza back in a big way.

As happy as I am with the win, allowing that many points is just freaking ridiculous. We are a better defensive team than that.

We gave up more... Feel better?? :bang:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers and Suns have met in the playoffs the past two years, with Phoenix the winner both times. Coach Phil Jackson and Suns coach Mike D'Antoni have exchanged words.

This has become a more intense rivalry, and now O'Neal has been added to the mix.

"I don't know if it can be any more (intense)," D'Antoni said. "It's pretty good. ... Hopefully, we don't meet them in the playoffs.

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_notes_21.43ce967.html

This from the "we always bust them out of the playoffs" guy. Over these last few years, I've gone from liking/respecting Mike D to really disliking his whiny antics.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wee'Antoni is a crybaby, plain and simple. Suns fans like to speak about the unclassiness of Phil Jackson and Kobe, but take a look at Pringles Man screaming and yelling the f word at the refs and looking like someone just farted in his mouth after every play.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wee'Antoni is a crybaby, plain and simple. Suns fans like to speak about the unclassiness of Phil Jackson and Kobe, but take a look at Pringles Man screaming and yelling the f word at the refs and looking like someone just farted in his mouth after every play.
I wasn't debating ANY of that... :)

Just found it odd that he said something complimentary to the Lakers, and Donald essentially said he likes him even less for it.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I still think D'Antoni is the worst coach in the NBA. Seriously, when is the last time anyone has done so little with more? He reminds me of Dell Harris when he had Shaq, Kobe, Eddie Jones, Nick VanExel, Elden Campbell, etc and couldn't win a playoff series. D'Antoni has been given some of the best players in the game today and he can't get it done because he coaches "school yard" style basketball. The main advantage the Lakers have over the Suns right now is coaching, pure and simple. That will be the difference in the playoffs.

Of course, the Lakers and Suns will both be high seeds, so in order to meet in the playoffs, it would probably be the Western Conference Championship, so that's a long ways off. These teams will need to get past New Orleans, San Antonio, Dallas, etc before that's gonna happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

EVERY one of his complaints were valid though. There were some pretty bad calls this game, but nothing that affected the outcome.

The Lakers just wanted this game more. You could see it in the way that they played.

In a playoff series though, you guys need Bynum. You can't have Kobe and his 9 healthy digits outrebounding Pau.

Great win for you guys. I don't really care that the Suns lost, because the game was so entertaining. (like the Golden State game the week before) Two great, GREAT basketball games.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers just wanted this game more. You could see it in the way that they played.

In a playoff series though, you guys need Bynum. You can't have Kobe and his 9 healthy digits outrebounding Pau.

Great win for you guys. I don't really care that the Suns lost, because the game was so entertaining. (like the Golden State game the week before) Two great, GREAT basketball games.

:yeahthat:

Yeah, nothing was won last night but tie-breaker. Cant wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't debating ANY of that... :)

Just found it odd that he said something complimentary to the Lakers, and Donald essentially said he likes him even less for it.

Remember when we had the little discussion of hypocrites the other day?

Pringles talking a gang of mess early this season ("3 more games, phil" and "we always bust the lakers out of the playoffs anyway") when they were winning, then turning around and "I hope we don't meet up" really bugs. Being a badass when you are winning and a wuss when you lose isn't respectable. At least Kobe is consistently an *****. To me, it's a hollow compliment.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EVERY one of his complaints were valid though.

Valid or not, his demeanor is downright whiny and infantile. He should have got a tech for his rant on the ref on the sideline...you could SEE the f-bombs he was dropping...riding the ref to the scorers table. Absolutely ridiculous (and Lamar gets the technically valid but really dumb ruled tech for throwing the ball against the standard).

There's bitching about calls and there is stomping your foot, rolling your eyes and throwing a tantrum like a 4 year old. Pringles is a toddler on the sidelines and he bugs me.

That's just the way I see it...