The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kob-Pau go for 30 and 10 each. :thud:

Just an awesome effort by KB in the fourth.

I'd love to see KB's bitching and moaning decrease by 50%.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kob-Pau go for 30 and 10 each. :thud:

Just an awesome effort by KB in the fourth.

I'd love to see KB's bitching and moaning decrease by 50%.

I'd love to see his bitching and moaning increase tenfold...the more juiced he gets the more he looks to slit throats on the court. I don't care if the injustice is real or perceived...pissed off Kobe is lethal Kobe.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see his bitching and moaning increase tenfold...the more juiced he gets the more he looks to slit throats on the court. I don't care if the injustice is real or perceived...pissed off Kobe is lethal Kobe.

Ha ha. OK, I see your point.

At the start of the fourth a Kings fan yelled "I bet that feels like Colorado" after Kobe was fouled. I dont have to tell you what happened from there. ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and Lamar added 19 and 12, with Fish putting up 17 and 7 dimes.

This was a starters win...the bench was largely ineffective. We did get to see Vlad on the court for a bit...he was rusty but his health back is a good thing.

Most impressive: Kobe locked down Martin (idiot announcers dubbing him K-Mart*) in the fourth quarter. He got nothing...nothing at all. Complete asskicking by Kobe on both ends of the court in the fourth.

* The Kings announcers are not superhomers, which is nice and actually refreshing. However, they are bonafide idiots and their nicknames are so stupid. The Tasmanian Slovenian? Caucasian Cannon? Something like that. Zibbidy zabbidy scoring whazibbidy...not a direct quote but I'm sure it's close. "Roll grandma out from the back bedroom because she's gotta see this." Pretty much a direct quote.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. OK, I see your point.

At the start of the fourth a Kings fan yelled "I bet that feels like Colorado" after Kobe was fouled. I dont have to tell you what happened from there. ;)

That same idiot fan was getting picked up by the mic all night long. I hope that he was the one Kobe addressed the "yeah, muffer, yeah" to.

Kobe owns that freaking building. Popping the jersey and playing up to the Laker fans at Arco was a nice topping on the asskicking he served up.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, not a flagrant for above the shoulders.

You must be registered for see images

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Pau's line from last night:

31 points, 10-15 FG, 11-13 FT, 10 boards, 4 AST, 2 steals. :notworthy

If that's "comically inept", I'll take it every time. :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pau's line from last night:

31 points, 10-15 FG, 11-13 FT, 10 boards, 4 AST, 2 steals. :notworthy

If that's "comically inept", I'll take it every time. :D

Who said he was comically inept?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
One of BeeBeard's posts after the Dallas game where he called every Laker but Kobe "comically inept".

That's why BeeBeard is a moron. Every word that guy says is complete idiocy. 600 posts of pure crap.

* The Kings announcers are not superhomers, which is nice and actually refreshing. However, they are bonafide idiots and their nicknames are so stupid. The Tasmanian Slovenian? Caucasian Cannon? Something like that. Zibbidy zabbidy scoring whazibbidy...not a direct quote but I'm sure it's close. "Roll grandma out from the back bedroom because she's gotta see this." Pretty much a direct quote.

Thank god someone else noticed this. Those guys, while pretty impartial, were just awful to listen to. Tasmanian Slovenian? WTF is that? One of them did have a line about Kobe that made me laugh though. In a very dejected and defeated voice after a dunk from Kobe the guy said..

"Kobe is so good, it must makes me wanna spit up."

I thought that was hillarious.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre-emptive strike

During the stretch run and playoffs, much will be made by the uninformed masses regarding Pau Gaol's playoff failures. Sure he is 0-12 in three playoffs (2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006), but check out the stats;

Code:
	[B]	PTS	REB	AST	FG%[/B]
Career		18.9	8.6	3.1	.511
Playoffs	20.0	6.4	2.7	.490

Also, if you go back and look at the game logs for the playoff games, you will find a supporting cast (starters) of James Posey, Chucky Atkins, Jake Tsakalidis, Lorenzen Wright and White Chocolate. His two "best" running mates were a young Shane Battier and Mike Miller.

If the Lakers get anything close to Gasol's career playoff numbers over the next few post-seasons, we will be in great shape.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Pre-emptive strike

During the stretch run and playoffs, much will be made by the uninformed masses regarding Pau Gaol's playoff failures. Sure he is 0-12 in three playoffs (2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006), but check out the stats;

Code:
    [B]    PTS    REB    AST    FG%[/B]
Career        18.9    8.6    3.1    .511
Playoffs    20.0    6.4    2.7    .490
Also, if you go back and look at the game logs for the playoff games, you will find a supporting cast (starters) of James Posey, Chucky Atkins, Jake Tsakalidis, Lorenzen Wright and White Chocolate. His two "best" running mates were a young Shane Battier and Mike Miller.

If the Lakers get anything close to Gasol's career playoff numbers over the next few post-seasons, we will be in great shape.

People who point out Gasol's playoff record are just idiots looking for hope that LA won't win it all. That was on an entirely different team, it has no bearing on what he will do with LA. It's like the people that point out that Kobe hasn't won a championship without Shaq. They are saying what? That Kobe sucks cause he can't win a championship when he's the only good player on the team? Ok then, how many titles did Jordan win without Pippen?

Just all crap spewed by Laker haters that are pissed off that the Lakers have pulled themselves out of the muck and are back in championship form.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank god someone else noticed this. Those guys, while pretty impartial, were just awful to listen to. Tasmanian Slovenian? WTF is that? One of them did have a line about Kobe that made me laugh though. In a very dejected and defeated voice after a dunk from Kobe the guy said..

"Kobe is so good, it must makes me wanna spit up."

I thought that was hillarious.

My wife and I died at that line...we looked at each other and both said "how...visual."

That was a funny line.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love it! I'd almost forgotten what a great year he was having before the injury. Can't wait to get him back.

And sorry Suns fans, Shaq CANNOT guard Bynum 1-on-1. Not gonna happen.

I know...I saw it and then hazy memories of me rewinding the dvr over and over again for just as many Drew plays as Kobe plays flooded back into the front of my mind.

Oh, and we hadn't even integrated him into the offense yet, so all this talk of him and Pau somehow having issues...hogwash. Pre-injury Bynum was floating in the triangle...we had barely started to run a few plays off of him. Just a lot of two man game between him and Kobe was how he got a ton of his offense.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I remember that game against Shaq very well, that was when Bynum was still only 17 if you can believe that. It was Shaq's first game back to Staples after the trade, and even then Bynum was too athletic for Shaq to guard.

Shaq has always had a problem with Centers that are athletic and weren't afraid of him. Even in his prime you can watch smaller guys like Alanzo Morning just abuse Shaq every time down the court. That being said, the current slow and tired Shaq has no chance against Bynum, none. I can't wait till we get this guy back, before the injury he was by far the most improved player in the NBA. They have put years of work into Bynum since drafting him and it's all starting to show. That inside toughness is the only thing this current Laker team is missing. He's the last piece of a Dynasty. Shaq is old news, and no longer relevant.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched that video. F. Yes.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Here is the 4 games for the Spurs and the Lakers:

Spurs
At Denver
At Phoenix
Vs. Denver
At New Orleans

Lakers
Vs. LA Clippers
Vs. Sacramento
Vs. Toronto
At New Orleans

We both have that tough one visiting the Hornets, but over all we have a much easier week. Lets hope we can put ourselves up a bit on the Spurs. They are on quite a hot streak lately.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
And sorry Suns fans, Shaq CANNOT guard Bynum 1-on-1. Not gonna happen.
Sure he can. I think Lamar already demonstrated how to guard Bynum. Just "accidentally" step on his foot when he goes up for a rebound. And Shaq has a pretty big foot!:D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Lakers up by 33 over the Clips with about 9 Mins. left. Another early night for the starters. :)

BTW, does anyone have a pic of Shaq at the Suns game holding up his ring finger? :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05