The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about playing the Queens tonight. I hate playing any Ron Artest team.

SAC has a weird team now without Bibby. Their two best players are Artest and Miller. That said, I hope we shoot the lights out tonight.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random.

Here is the Lakers' h2h;

Code:
Team		Games	Record	Remaining Games
Against DAL	2	1-1	3/18, 4/4
Against DEN	3	3-0	
Against GS	2	1-1	3/23
Against HOU	2	1-1	3/16
Against LAC	2	2-0	3/7,4/10
Against MEM	2	2-0	3/28
Against MIN	3	3-0	
Against NOH	2	1-1	3/14, 4/11
Against PHO	4	3-1	
Against POR	2	1-1	4/2,4/8
Against SA	3	1-2	4/13
Against SAC	0	0-0	3/4, 3/9, 4/6, 4/14
Against SEA	3	3-0	3/21
Against UTA	3	2-1	3/20

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Man, so far this one is painful to watch. 1st quarter, we have already turned it over 4 times, can't hit a shot, can't rebound, it's ugly.

Despite that, we're only down 3. I don't know how they do it. How is it that the Lakers can play so bad at times, yet stay right in the game? I'm hoping things will pick up, we could use the win.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Wow.....it's freakin March and they're just now playing a team in their own division for the first time? Who made this schedule?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Now we're getting clobbered. The Lakers look like the 2005 Lakers tonight. It's ugly. We're down 48-35 and showing no signs of life. :(

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Oh by the way abomb..

D. Fisher: 11pts 3/4 from 3pt line.

You might want to change your avatar to Lamar Odom, he's being made into a bitch by Artest. :lol:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
So far, the only way I can describe this game by LA is lazy and uninspired. Kings are up by 10 in the 3rd, and beating the Lakers in every single area of the game. If the Lakers are going to turn it on, they better do it soon. Brad Miller and Ron Artest look like gods out there. When this team plays bad, they are really bad.

Come on Lakers, get it together! Spurs already won tonight, we need this one to keep pace.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Who is guarding Lamar?

3 quarters in:

8-10, 19 Pts
9 Rebs, 3 Assists

I think it's mostly been Mikey Moore. I was surprised to see that stat line, I'm watching the game, but not really following the box score. I had no idea Odom was playing that well, it's been a quiet 19pts if that's possible. :p

I'm also incredibly frustrated because I hate when they play like this. Phoenix is rolling Portland, the Spurs already won, I really don't want to slip a game because we can't beat the Kings. Artest is on Kobe now, and so far he's doing as good a job as anyone can on Kobe, but I don't expect that to last. Lakers need a spark and they need it now.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers take the lead with 4 min remaining. :)

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I am watching this on a choppy Internet feed. :(

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Lakers play 3 and a half quarters of horrible horrible basketball..

Then kick in with some of the best defense I have seen all year. They are on a 14-0 run, and up 7pts with two and a half min left.

Again, I'm stunned.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, these guys need to stop sleepwalking through games.

Kobe was nails in that fourth quarter. I thought we would win this the entire time...we kept getting close, then down 10, then close, then down 13. It was like we couldn't take the lead..once we did, no looking back.

BTW, the white trash fans in Sacramento are some of the biggest aholes in the league.

Lakers really look out of sync; they have for the last 3-4 games. Hopefully the two days of rest will be good for them.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Man, these guys need to stop sleepwalking through games.

Kobe was nails in that fourth quarter. I thought we would win this the entire time...we kept getting close, then down 10, then close, then down 13. It was like we couldn't take the lead..once we did, no looking back.

BTW, the white trash fans in Sacramento are some of the biggest aholes in the league.

Lakers really look out of sync; they have for the last 3-4 games. Hopefully the two days of rest will be good for them.

I will be the first to admit, I thought we were going to lose this one. That was some of the worst Laker basketball I have seen in the first 3 quarters. The 4th didn't start off too great either. It just looked like the Lakers didn't want to win, I honestly thought there was no way they would pull it out the way they were playing. That 4th quarter defense though was outstanding, the Kings couldn't even get off a shot.

I have to say, some things have me worried. The shots don't seem to be falling like they were, and our rebounding needs serious work. This team really needs Andrew Bynum. His interior defense, shot blocking and rebounding are badly missed.

Still, nice win, I'm pretty happy with that defensive stand. And the fans in Sacramento have never been anything other then pure trash. I hate that city so much, I don't know how they got an NBA team to begin with.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05