The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know if that can be considered over Duncan.. It looks more to the side.. Eh, not impressed with the dunk myself..

The last back view shows it was on TD...he t-rexed it because he was getting flushed on.

Oh yeah, Jordan is 6'2". With a 42" vertical. NBA TV was impressed by it since it was the 4th best play of the night. :shrug:

I guess you'd be impressed if it were Steve Nash, who is an inch taller.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Farmer's tan is not in the same league as the greatest of all-time..

Uhm, Farmar is a 6'2" point.

Besides, the G.O.A.T. is either Magic or Oscar.

Then again, I'm damn partial to PGs.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers damn near choked that win away against the Rockets. Had a 18 point lead, then a 12 point lead at the half and Tmac left the game at halftime. So, instead of stepping on their throats they pulled up their dress and bent over. Ended up with a close win. I'll take it.

4-3 and the split in Texas...go get Detroit!

Lakers opening schedule has been rough thus far..I think it is the second toughest in the league to this point. Bring on some patsies!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I hate Mo Evans. He's the Anti-Mo.

Oh, and Phillip about the Spurs game..."that was one of those brokeback mountain games, penetration and kickouts." So, when the media went all a'titter, he responds with:

"If I've offended any horses, Texans, cowboys or gays, I apologize"

The dude is insane...no coach can drop smack like Phil.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers damn near choked that win away against the Rockets. Had a 18 point lead, then a 12 point lead at the half and Tmac left the game at halftime. So, instead of stepping on their throats they pulled up their dress and bent over. Ended up with a close win. I'll take it.

4-3 and the split in Texas...go get Detroit!

Lakers opening schedule has been rough thus far..I think it is the second toughest in the league to this point. Bring on some patsies!

Crazy game. I got very nervous at the end for obvious reasons. Yao's tip was pitch perfect on the tanked FTA. McGrady got hurt? Shoooooooooocking.

Oh, I hate Mo Evans. He's the Anti-Mo.

Oh, and Phillip about the Spurs game..."that was one of those brokeback mountain games, penetration and kickouts." So, when the media went all a'titter, he responds with:

"If I've offended any horses, Texans, cowboys or gays, I apologize"

The dude is insane...no coach can drop smack like Phil.

I was explaining the Brokeback comments to Erin and then PJ comes on the screen and gives the greatest non-apology/FU of recent memory. Dude would out Jedi Mind Trick Obi Wan himself.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the play in the first half where the Laker, (Evans, I think) ran into his own guy (one of the foreigns), and the ref called a foul on Battier. NBA refs :shrug:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the play in the first half where the Laker, (Evans, I think) ran into his own guy (one of the foreigns), and the ref called a foul on Battier. NBA refs :shrug:

That was incredible...now, a foul SHOULD have been called on battier because he pushed Vlad in the back but how that translates into a shooting foul for Evans is mind-boggling. it's like they said that Battier used vlad as a weapon...that was so dumb.

NBA refs are blind...and Violet Palmer is terrible (I think she made that call actually.)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was incredible...now, a foul SHOULD have been called on battier because he pushed Vlad in the back but how that translates into a shooting foul for Evans is mind-boggling. it's like they said that Battier used vlad as a weapon...that was so dumb.

NBA refs are blind...and Violet Palmer is terrible (I think she made that call actually.)
I still can't believe Phillip got in trouble for Brokeback Mountain.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You arent kidding. There were at least four calls against HOU early on that were very, very questionable.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I was explaining the Brokeback comments to Erin and then PJ comes on the screen and gives the greatest non-apology/FU of recent memory. Dude would out Jedi Mind Trick Obi Wan himself.

That was so great. It is always refreshing when someone tells the world how they honestly feel instead of issuing some phony/PC apology.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like PJ will be writing a check for his post HOU game comments;

LA Times said:
That Yao was on the free-throw line in the first place was a source of amusement for the Lakers. With the Rockets down, 93-88, Jordan Farmar was called for a foul underneath as Yao hit a layup.

"First of all, I was surprised Dick Bavetta made that call, but then not when I thought about it for a second and then you know, just to make it a game," Jackson said. "That's typical."

Said Kobe Bryant: "That was ridiculous. Jordan Farmar? I don't even think Yao saw him."

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronny tweaked an ankle at practice today.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry. That was overly harsh...I'll save Cook comparisons for real enemies because that cuts like a knife.

I didnt take it as a put down.. Id love to make millions being a crap player in the NBA.. Sign me up!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt take it as a put down.. Id love to make millions being a crap player in the NBA.. Sign me up!

Better than robbing banks, I guess.

There's a bounty out on Cook's head though...dead or alive.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy oh boy, what a defensive fourth quarter.

Jordan Farmar is a frigging sparkplug. I don't know how the minutes break down but god he seems like he's always on the floor but that's because he's so active.

Kobe was COOOOOOLD but his defense was HOT! Good lord I'd hate to guard Rip, but he and Kobe have some epic battles. Man.

Drew has completely banished all thoughts of him being soft...thanks Drew.

Lakers strong open and strong close...damn near lost the game in the second and third quarter. That defense at the end of the game was the kind of stuff Phil preached back in his bulls days. No, not comparing the teams at all, but the mentality of just putting on killer defense in fourth quarters and kicking a team's ass like that...that's what this game felt like.

That Detroit zone is pretty tough to break...they have so many long players it is hard to get good looks, even from the outside.

Good win Lakers!!

5-3. Can we get a break already? This schedule has been rough as hell.

This team looks excited to play together...they seem to really like each other.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice win by the Lakers. Put a 28 point thumping on the Bulls....Jordan came in and was hot again...14 points and 8 assists in about 20 minutes. Guy really runs the team well.

Bench scored 73 points!! 5 guys off the bench in double figures. With Phil's rotations right now, guys like Jordan and Bynum get a lot of PT with Lamar and Kobe and I love it.

Vlad is shooting damn near 50 percent from three so far this year. Even sasha got in the action with two late threes.

Good stuff Lakers...6-3 on the year.