The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mom! There's Suns fans in our Lakers thread!

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From fiyastarter.com;

#11 Los Angeles Lakers
In his most recent attempt to repair his strained relationship with Andrew Bynum, Kobe Bryant presented the rapidly developing young center with a toy train set. Bynum responded by sitting down, folding his legs and smiling for three hours, as he watched the trains and Kobe come full circle.

#22 Miami
Shaq responded to Wade's challenge by eating a foot long sub in his face, while wearing all four of his rings.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I love Jordan's dish on that play. I love unselfish basketball.

Death to shoot-first PGs! ;)

I was listening to the post game interviews on lakers.com (and if you aren't doing this you are stupid, start now!) and Jordan's was cool.

Tell me who this sounds like:

For me there is no offseason. The offseason is where you put in work and make strides and improve; the season is where you show what you worked on. You have confidence and are spending hours and hours in the gym. That's why I call it [the gym] the lab...something's not going right you go to the lab and work on stuff until you can bring it out to the table.

Uhm, yeah...that's what Kobe calls it (the lab). That sounded soo much like Kobe talking

Kobe was asked if he was surprised Jordan was playing so well.

Not at all. He's extremely confident and works really hard so when you have that combination he's not a player I was worried about at all.

When asked how impressed he is with the team Kobe said:

Very impressed. I think Andrew has been doing a tremendous job..you know when I get in the gym early he's in there too working on the same type of moves he was showcasing tonight, so it's no accident that he's playing this well.

Lamar was asked why would Kobe want to play for the bulls with the lakers playing so well...he said:

"Ya, I'm definitely not going to answer that question...I don't know why you'd even ask me that." [smiling] [reporter...I thought I'd get an answer to it] "Well, you're not gonna get it from me. I don't think he wants to go anywhere...as far as I'm concerned he's happy here. We're 6-3."

Lamar has the most awesome personality..I love the way he answers questions...he's a funny dude.

Missing Kwame for the Celtic game is really, really gonna hurt.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the Bynum stuff. It is awesome. The young guys' work this summer is definitely showing.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MRI showed that Brown has suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his left knee. He will be sidelined indefinitely.

Great, there goes any shot we had of beating the Celtics on Friday. Kwame is the only guy who can guard KG (and he guards him very, very well). Bynum and Mihm are likely going to get eaten alive. At least Ronny is scheduled to be back for that game though so Cook won't be starting and sucking until Phil gives up and moves Lamar to the 4 instead of the 3 where he shines.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great, there goes any shot we had of beating the Celtics on Friday. Kwame is the only guy who can guard KG (and he guards him very, very well). Bynum and Mihm are likely going to get eaten alive. At least Ronny is scheduled to be back for that game though so Cook won't be starting and sucking until Phil gives up and moves Lamar to the 4 instead of the 3 where he shines.

Yikes. I hope this is the last of the injury bug.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ish. Ariza and Farmar played at UCLA together.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thud:

My two least favorite Lakers traded for a guy I actually like? WTF is it my birthday again or something??

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers thump the Pacers in Indiana by 20. Kobe gets 30, 5 and 4, Farmar a career high in points at 18. Bynum had 17 and 10 with 4 blocks. Even Coby Karl mixed it up and got two points.

It would have been a 40 point game if the lakers could have stopped their offensive rebounds. We were outrebounded on the offensive glass 18-4 (we were plus two overall).

Good win and good rest for the starters with a second game of the back to back tomorrow.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta ***** for LA huh? I know people from LA that wanna live here in PHX..

Nah, I gotta ***** for local guys who play at a local college and then go to their local team (Farmar, Ariza, etc).

Like it'd be cool if Richard Jefferson was on the Suns.