The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call bs on the dislike. You hate him.

Wrong again. He doesnt dislike Cook more than *ucky Atkins or Samaki "Stonehands" Walker and he never hated either of those two guys as Lakers.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is the 16th Anniversary of Magic's announcement.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers Suck..

You must be registered for see images

There, just had to get this thread back on topic.. It is in the Smack forum afterall..

:thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong again. He doesnt dislike Cook more than *ucky Atkins or Samaki "Stonehands" Walker and he never hated either of those two guys as Lakers.

Not as much as Chuckthree but I definitely dislike Cook way more than Samaki.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tipoff!! Go Lakers!

Lamar's first game back. I heart LO.

Though he has grown some weird star hair on his head.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Night of the double double!

Lamar back as the team's dementor, floating through the lane and sucking out souls, with at +22 for the night to lead all Lakers.

Lakers had leads of around 16 then laid back and had to score in the end to win by 14...didn't get to rest the starters like they should have. VERY sloppy out there..18 turnovers.

Did NOT waste a good Kobe game this time...30 points on 9 of 19 shooting, 7 boards, 7 assists and 4 steals.

Lamar double doubles with 18 and 10 boards.

Bynum and Mihm both get 10 pts and 10 boards....two headed center gets a 20-20 for the night, niiice. 5 blocks between them too.

All starters in double figures.

Other than the turnovers, it was a well played game...good defensive pressure, good shooting, great passing. 28 total assists on 36 made shots. Have to be excited about that.

3-2 Lakers about to go on a tough two game trip. San Antonio and Houston. Gotta work for the split here and come out of it 4-3.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woohoo !!

Nice to have Odom back.

:jedi:

Although I still am pissed at him for that sacramento brainfreeze a couple of years ago (still so damn angry about that game) I admire and love Odom. He's so different than every other player in the league. Tonight was one of those "damn, he's amazing" Odom games where you just appreciate his uniqueness and how he glides across the floor (why I call him a dementor...he doesn't run or walk, he floats).

Plus all the stuff with his kid and his injury..you can't help but like him. The daily videos from practice on lakers.com also often have him on there, and his personality is fantastic. I don't want to see him traded at all...I really admire him. Of course, I love all the Lakers but Cook. But I admire LO the best.

I hope he can make the Allstar team this year...here's to a healthy Lamar dropping double doubles on the regular!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh...man that one was ugly. Turnovers and the three ball. We were sloppy, and didn't guard the perimeter. Spurs played Suns style (penetrate, dish and overpass for wiiiide open threes) and killed us. Was a tight game until late in the second when the turnovers piled up like like pancakes.

Kobe had some SICK blocks on Duncan...and Jordan dunked ON Duncan. That was awesome. the loss, not so much.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a tight game until late in the second when the turnovers piled up like like pancakes.

That's when I turned in on and watched until halftime. Yuck.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh...man that one was ugly. Turnovers and the three ball. We were sloppy, and didn't guard the perimeter. Spurs played Suns style (penetrate, dish and overpass for wiiiide open threes) and killed us. Was a tight game until late in the second when the turnovers piled up like like pancakes.

Kobe had some SICK blocks on Duncan...and Jordan dunked ON Duncan. That was awesome. the loss, not so much.
The lakers might not win another game...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lakers might not win another game...

LOL...thanks dork.

What pissed me off is that Pop adjusted and started playing Suns basketball and Phillip didn't do a thing about it.

We played our usual Lakers v. Spurs game with them early on and were kicking their ass physically, holding a lead despite turning it over way too much.

Then they came with penetration from Parker and Ginobili, kick out to a shooter at the perimiter who would swing it, and the wide open guy would swing it to a wider open guy for the three. It was so Suns-like it was scary...completely took the Lakers out of the game. I don't think they took a shot in the paint in the second half.

Spurs shot 48+% from three, and just 44% overall!! 13/27 from three with six of those misses from Finley. The lakers shot 12% from 3.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ear Jordan can use hanes guy's name whenever he wants.

Funny that a lot of Lakers are referred to by their first name.

First namers: Kobe, Kwame, Vlad, Sasha, Luke, Mo (sucks).

Sometimes first: Ear Jordan, Lamar (I usually call him that). Bynum (rarely)

Never first: Cook (sucks), Fish, Mihm

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ear Jordan can use hanes guy's name whenever he wants.

Funny that a lot of Lakers are referred to by their first name.

First namers: Kobe, Kwame, Vlad, Sasha, Luke, Mo (sucks).

Sometimes first: Ear Jordan, Lamar (I usually call him that). Bynum (rarely)

Never first: Cook (sucks), Fish, Mihm
Have you been referring to Jordan Farmear? I just figured it out.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Farmer's tan is not in the same league as the greatest of all-time..

Jordan..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05