The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Wow, what an ugly half.

I can't believe we're even still in this game. Gasol was absolutely horrible, he turned the ball over ever time he touched it, and I thought Farmar was unusually awful as well. As soon as Fisher sat and Farmar came in, the game got out of control for us.

We're still very much in it, only down 9, but it doesn't look likely that we're going to pull this one out. Utah is just playing too well tonight I think. Hopefully the 2nd half goes better for us.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, what an ugly half.

I can't believe we're even still in this game. Gasol was absolutely horrible, he turned the ball over ever time he touched it, and I thought Farmar was unusually awful as well. As soon as Fisher sat and Farmar came in, the game got out of control for us.

We're still very much in it, only down 9, but it doesn't look likely that we're going to pull this one out. Utah is just playing too well tonight I think. Hopefully the 2nd half goes better for us.

What position to you play Llama?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Impressive effort at the end, they managed to make it close, which I give them a lot of credit for.

The loss isn't crucial by any means, our goal here is a split and we can still get it on Sunday. Hard to be upset over it, we were bound to lose a game eventually, and the Jazz are a great team. I give them their props, they worked a little harder then the Lakers did tonight, but Sunday is another day.

Lakers in 5. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just about as good as the Jazz can play, and Pau had a bad game. We still had a shot at the game in the end. Pretty much how I expected this to go down...overcome their energy towards the end, try to steal it...fail.

I'm feeling pretty good about Sunday's game. Split is still the goal.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

Absolutely!

I have never felt better after a loss in my life. The Jazz played out of their minds and they still almost lost it. I'm encouraged even after the loss. Hopefully we can get the split on Sunday.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Just about as good as the Jazz can play, and Pau had a bad game. We still had a shot at the game in the end. Pretty much how I expected this to go down...overcome their energy towards the end, try to steal it...fail.

Pau had a bad game cause the defense held him to a bad game. He looked frustrated tonight. Boozer looks like he got his groove back. It was a good game all around. If Utah can play the way they did tonight, it should be pretty interesting. I didn't think they had it in them. Can't wait till Sunday!:thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turnover with about 20 seconds left was terrible. Game was still within reach...only down 4 at that point. No creativity and a throw away pass? Bleh.

Here's hoping everyone has a better Sunday. :cool:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pau had a bad game cause the defense held him to a bad game. He looked frustrated tonight. Boozer looks like he got his groove back. It was a good game all around. If Utah can play the way they did tonight, it should be pretty interesting. I didn't think they had it in them. Can't wait till Sunday!:thumbup:

Was a really exciting game, no doubt.

Pau didn't have a bad game because of the defense per se, but because he didn't adjust to the physicality until late in the game. Later on, he did fine..early on he was horrid. Just out of sync.

That's "the defense" technically, but I put that more on Pau's inability to accept the way the game was to be called and deal with it. he was incredibly frustrated.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Was a really exciting game, no doubt.

Pau didn't have a bad game because of the defense per se, but because he didn't adjust to the physicality until late in the game. Later on, he did fine..early on he was horrid. Just out of sync.

That's "the defense" technically, but I put that more on Pau's inability to accept the way the game was to be called and deal with it. he was incredibly frustrated.
I thought he had key tip ins and key tips to keep the ball alive late in the game. It was early on that killed him. I am still not sold on Utah. They sure are the epitome of a bi-polar team.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I am still not sold on Utah. They sure are the epitome of a bi-polar team.

I'm in the same boat Joe. I think that when they play well, they are a great team, but I honestly believe they are too inconsistent to win a 7 game series against the Lakers. I'm encouraged by the fact that they played out of their minds tonight, and they still almost lost it.

I don't think the Jazz win another game this year, but we'll see.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he had key tip ins and key tips to keep the ball alive late in the game. It was early on that killed him. I am still not sold on Utah. They sure are the epitome of a bi-polar team.

Yeah, that's what I meant...it took him the entire game to get "in" it. He showed up late but early on, he was just lost and was really frustrated with the calls against him. The physical play got the whole team freaked, since we play more of an athletic finesse game...but the officiating was very even and fair...we just didn't take advantage of it. Better than in that game one where they let them play for three quarters, then started calling ticky tack stuff.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turnover with about 20 seconds left was terrible. Game was still within reach...only down 4 at that point. No creativity and a throw away pass? Bleh.

Here's hoping everyone has a better Sunday. :cool:

Which turnover are you talking about? Luke's bobble off the tip to him trying to get it to fish? Or Kobe's leaving his feet trying to get it to Lamar? Both were really bad. Luke's was worse, IMO, because he basically just dropped the ball in front of him and tried to push it at fish, not to him. I know Fish would have drilled that three, too.

Lakers were really out of sync...all game. Poor ball protection all around.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. The turnovers were an absolute killer. The Lakers rotation also wasnt as crisp as the previous two games, allowing Utah to shoot a crazy %.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. The turnovers were an absolute killer. The Lakers rotation also wasnt as crisp as the previous two games, allowing Utah to shoot a crazy %.

Fish's early foul trouble had a lot to do with that. Never allowed them to get in a good defensive rythm.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Fish's early foul trouble had a lot to do with that. Never allowed them to get in a good defensive rythm.

Yes, that was huge. We started the game great, then Fish went to the bench and we never saw the lead again. Fisher is essential in the early part of the game, he helps stabilize everyone, get the nerves calm and get the team in rhythm. Having him go out so quick was a killer.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I get way to anxious before Laker playoff games.

I got home at 4am, went to bed at 5am, and have been up since 8:30 cause I keep thinking about the game today and then I lay awake with anticipation.

Today is a big one, I really want this win. If we can take it today, I really think we win the series in 5. Hopefully the loss on Friday lit a fire under this team. I want to see them go for the throat today.