The 2023-24 league year

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He will def have a better career. He is calm under pressure Kyler isnt. They are in two different hemispheres at This point.
I think Kyler is calm...I think the way he was coached and all the play calling issues give the impression that he's not. There's a reason he told Kliff to calm the f down.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Kyler is clearly not calm in the pocket.
Again, though, I think that comes from how he was coached. If you have a guy all scrambled and amped up calling plays into your ear, it's bound to rub off and have an effect. When he gets the play late and has to rush, it throws everything off and you end up rushing through everything....call, cadence, snap, etc.

I'm hopeful that a coach/coordinator who is more prepared with a game plan and call strategy can keep Murray calm throughout the entire process.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, though, I think that comes from how he was coached. If you have a guy all scrambled and amped up calling plays into your ear, it's bound to rub off and have an effect. When he gets the play late and has to rush, it throws everything off and you end up rushing through everything....call, cadence, snap, etc.

I'm hopeful that a coach/coordinator who is more prepared with a game plan and call strategy can keep Murray calm throughout the entire process.
Kyler needs to have some accountability. Putting all that on KK to me seems silly. But we can agree to disagree. Kyler has been playing football a loooong time. I’m not sure “pocket presence” can Be coached. Some players just have a feel for the game. We’re gonna find out soon enough. And honestly I hope you’re right. I’m sick of losing.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With one of the most artificially stacked rosters in the league. The best O line, a top 5 TE and a top 5 receiving corp.

As I said, he's good. But I feel he is elevated by the team rather than elevating them.

Hurts might have a top 5 TE in a league that's weak and currently lacking in TE, but Mahomes has an arguable top 5 TE of all time.

He also has one of the top offensive coaches of all time.

Mahomes also had a ridic team for his first SB win and barely won against Jimmy G.

Chiefs also had a top oline this year as well and a strong dline.

Mahomes is exceptional no doubt and highly likely HoF, but let's not pretend he doesn't have or hasn't had a strong supporting cast in his career, more than most QB's will ever get.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurts might have a top 5 TE in a league that's weak and currently lacking in TE, but Mahomes has an arguable top 5 TE of all time.

He also has one of the top offensive coaches of all time.

Mahomes also had a ridic team for his first SB win and barely won against Jimmy G.

Chiefs also had a top oline this year as well and a strong dline.

Mahomes is great no doubt, but let's not pretend he doesn't have or hasn't had a strong supporting cast in his career.
He has the arguable best TE of all time. The only other one that can lay a claim is Tony G.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Sorry, no. His skittishness is all on him. Bad coaching or not, once the ball is snapped, a good QB is laser-focused and KM clearly isn't at this point.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Sorry, no. His skittishness is all on him. Bad coaching or not, once the ball is snapped, a good QB is laser-focused and KM clearly isn't at this point.
So you're telling me a QB, who probably has zero confidence in the coach/play caller, zero confidence in the game plan and plays being called, and knows the guys protecting him are inferior, is supposed to just stand there and take hits and punishment? Even TB12 got skittish, when taking hits or knowing when hits were coming. Kyler had dudes in the backfield on lots of plays and completely lost confidence that the pocket would/could stay clean. I think it all really got to him. Like I said, though, I'm hopeful he can regain everything with a better coach and game plan.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So you're telling me a QB, who probably has zero confidence in the coach/play caller, zero confidence in the game plan and plays being called, and knows the guys protecting him are inferior, is supposed to just stand there and take hits and punishment? Even TB12 got skittish, when taking hits or knowing when hits were coming. Kyler had dudes in the backfield on lots of plays and completely lost confidence that the pocket would/could stay clean. I think it all really got to him. Like I said, though, I'm hopeful he can regain everything with a better coach and game plan.
That's not at all what I'm saying. Kyler is well below average at utilizing the pocket. He is famous for eschewing stepping up into a clean pocket, rolling out backwards and getting sacked for 10-15 yard losses. Kyler being bad in the pocket after the snap is all on him. If the line play breaks down, bail out and do your best, or go down and take a sack. If the play call is a mess and you don't feel ready, call a TO or throw the ball away. His problem is looking at clean pockets and ignoring them.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not at all what I'm saying. Kyler is well below average at utilizing the pocket. He is famous for eschewing stepping up into a clean pocket, rolling out backwards and getting sacked for 10-15 yard losses. Kyler being bad in the pocket after the snap is all on him. If the line play breaks down, bail out and do your best, or go down and take a sack. If the play call is a mess and you don't feel ready, call a TO or throw the ball away. His problem is looking at clean pockets and ignoring them.
I’m not disagreeing with anything you say here because it’s all true. I do think though that a real coach with a real presence could’ve helped him at least some.

The problem I saw right away with Kliff is what I think eventually did him in. He’s a workhorse, no doubt. I like him in certain roles and appreciate his effort. Keim hung him out to dry too. He’s a beta though. Kyler is immature but seems as though he at least has the potential to be an alpha. Why draft him if you think otherwise? At the same time, why would you hire a coach who’s solely hired because of the young qb yet has given you no reason to believe he’d ever be able to put him in his place and make the kid listen when things inevitably got tough?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With one of the most artificially stacked rosters in the league. The best O line, a top 5 TE and a top 5 receiving corp.

As I said, he's good. But I feel he is elevated by the team rather than elevating them.
“Artificially stacked roster” . . . the new “luxury player” for April, 2023. Try it on, take it for a spin, see how it feels.

WTF?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing with anything you say here because it’s all true. I do think though that a real coach with a real presence could’ve helped him at least some.

The problem I saw right away with Kliff is what I think eventually did him in. He’s a workhorse, no doubt. I like him in certain roles and appreciate his effort. Keim hung him out to dry too. He’s a beta though. Kyler is immature but seems as though he at least has the potential to be an alpha. Why draft him if you think otherwise? At the same time, why would you hire a coach who’s solely hired because of the young qb yet has given you no reason to believe he’d ever be able to put him in his place and make the kid listen when things inevitably got tough?
Good take here. You could see on Kyler's face that he wasn't listening to Kliff.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Rams might even beat us at tanking

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I now see the Cardinals' plan...

Gonna sign everyone they can, so they can trade to teams who still need to fill out a roster. Cards have at least 2 QB's they can send to LA...lol Turn Driskell into a conditional 6th...haha

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lot of players who would be camp "fodder" previously are currently playing in the XFL and USFL. Once those leagues are done there may be an infusion of UDFA rolling in.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
A lot of players who would be camp "fodder" previously are currently playing in the XFL and USFL. Once those leagues are done there may be an infusion of UDFA rolling in.
Monti and Gannon, when the XFL and USFL players come available...

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22