The 2023-24 league year

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Hurts might have a top 5 TE in a league that's weak and currently lacking in TE, but Mahomes has an arguable top 5 TE of all time.

He also has one of the top offensive coaches of all time.

Mahomes also had a ridic team for his first SB win and barely won against Jimmy G.

Chiefs also had a top oline this year as well and a strong dline.

Mahomes is exceptional no doubt and highly likely HoF, but let's not pretend he doesn't have or hasn't had a strong supporting cast in his career, more than most QB's will ever get.
I think the biggest thing Mahomes has going for him is one Andy Reid.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're just parsing words here. He has physical gifts, but those gifts don't and, IMO, won't make him a talented or skilled QB in the NFL.

Playing Devils advocate here. I think Lance sucks, but we haven't seen much of him for some time. He's had quite a lot of time to develop behind the scenes.

I'd be surprised if he's now good, but there's always a chance I guess. Slowik but be the one to know.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do you think the Niners could get away with that?

Considering what they gave up to get him only 2 years ago they would get crucified right?
Nah. Success is a great deodorant and San Fran has gone to consecutive Conference Title games. I don’t think that Trey was ever really embraced by the fan base and they’re happy to move on to whatever new QB Shanahan pulls from Create-a-player.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two years of cost control + option year on a talented QB would be worth a late third for me.
And even that is questionable to me, tbh.

If you struggle to succeed with a coach who is probably the easiest to succeed under in terms of QBing while on an ultra-talented team…

Well….

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And forget this talk of Hurts’ leadership/Kyler’s lack of, I just wish we had a team anywhere close to talented as the Eagles & 49ers of the world.
Only way to do that is to get as many good picks as you can and nail most of them. We don't have an owner/management willing to splash in free agency.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And even that is questionable to me, tbh.

If you struggle to succeed with a coach who is probably the easiest to succeed under in terms of QBing while on an ultra-talented team…

Well….
Has he really struggled to succeed or has he just has bad injury luck? He has 102 passing attempts in 2 NFL seasons and 132 passing attempts since COVID 19 happened.

I think you go back to your scouting report and decide whether you liked the guy in the original evaluation process. There’s no real cost if you trade the 85th pick in the draft for him and he never plays for you. The upside there is enormous if he wants to get better and your staff wants to invest in him.

Zach Wilson has 625 pro attempts under his belt. Sam Darnold had over 850 pass attempts through two seasons.

Tua had over 675 attempts through his first two seasons. I’m willing to trade the rights to the next Josh Jones to kick the tires on Trey Lance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah. Success is a great deodorant and San Fran has gone to consecutive Conference Title games. I don’t think that Trey was ever really embraced by the fan base and they’re happy to move on to whatever new QB Shanahan pulls from Create-a-player.

Do you not think that plays against the move? I can see a bunch of takes along the lines of "Imagine what might have been for the Niners if they hadn't blown all that draft capital on a mega bust."

Their 2021 pick became Micah Parsons. The 2022 pick became Tyreek Hill and this years pick became Nick Chubb.

I imagine at least one of those championship games would be more with some of that capital.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do you not think that plays against the move? I can see a bunch of takes along the lines of "Imagine what might have been for the Niners if they hadn't blown all that draft capital on a mega bust."

Their 2021 pick became Micah Parsons. The 2022 pick became Tyreek Hill and this years pick became Nick Chubb.

I imagine at least one of those championship games would be more with some of that capital.
The past is the past. Don’t believe that Shanahan or Lynch care much what the media says.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope he takes over their offense...lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I read it already popped up on their website and was taken down again. Senior Defensive Assistant.

I don't like this for the Eagles. They have a good staff and a new DC. This feels like undermining him and I here the guy is pretty toxic.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads