• Yes

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1. Panthers (from Bears): Bryce Young, quarterback, Alabama.

2. Texans: Will Anderson, Jr., edge, Alabama.

3. Cardinals: Jalen Carter, defensive tackle, Georgia.

4. Colts: Will Levis, quarterback, Kentucky.

5. Seahawks (from Broncos): Anthony Richardson, quarterback, Florida.

6. Lions (from Rams): Devon Witherspoon, cornerback, Illinois.

7. Raiders: Christian Gonzalez, cornerback, Oregon.

8. Falcons: C.J. Stroud, quarterback, Ohio State.

9. Bears (from Panthers): Peter Skoronski, tackle, Northwestern.

10. Eagles (from Saints): Paris Johnson Jr., tackle, Ohio State.

11. Titans: Hendon Hooker, quarterback, Tennessee.

Someone else that doesn't rate Tyree Wilson then

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just heard the Cards have gone to outlying staff and asked for reevaluation and comparisons on guys who wouldn’t go at 3 or 4.

You mean guys further back in the draft for a trade?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You mean guys further back in the draft for a trade?
Would seem the logical conclusion but one guy said he heard one of the asks was about Schmitz, which might fit with the trade up to the end on one rumor. I’ve gotten these requests before. Like “We heard this rumor. Does anyone have a coach connection at … State?”

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m wondering how calm the Cards draft room is. Do they believe in their board? Are they fielding too many rumors? They’ve been through a bunch of drafts but not as decision makers. When you get close, there’s so much speculation flying around. Are they getting inundated with trade options not only for the third pick, but Hopkins & Baker are in play? It’s easy to get stressed with so much at stake. If they blow this draft it will impact their credibility for quite a while. Glad I’m not in the chair. Likely make it or break it for some of the scouting staff.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m wondering how calm the Cards draft room is. Do they believe in their board? Are they fielding too many rumors? They’ve been through a bunch of drafts but not as decision makers. When you get close, there’s so much speculation flying around. Are they getting inundated with trade options not only for the third pick, but Hopkins & Baker are in play? It’s easy to get stressed with so much at stake. If they blow this draft it will impact their credibility for quite a while. Glad I’m not in the chair. Likely make it or break it for some of the scouting staff.

They felt cool enough with it to go to Norman on Saturday.

My impression is their board is set, there are a bunch of guys they like, all options are on the table and they will just trust their board and play it by ear on the night.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry , I see two different roads here.
Gannon is a defensive coach. Probably believes he could make this defense respectable overnight with some picks and addition pieces with remaining free agents.

On the other hand he’s yelled from the mountain tops how he wouldn’t be here without Kyler on the roster.
I feel we should fix one side of the ball this year instead of piece mealing different areas.

If we trade down and simply pick up an additional 2nd along with an addition 2nd for Hopkins, I think we could still get a quality edge with the first pick. It appears with the 2 extra second round picks we could get a center, rb and guard. With our 3rd round we could get a big wr.

It just seems surrounding Kyler with a a dynamic rb, two tough interior linemen and a big Wr makes sense. This offense with the lack of weapons makes Kyler vulnerable and less effective. Let’s face it. Todays nfl is an offensive league.

So is Gannons statement about “ good defense and mediocre offense” wins a smoke screen? Can you imagine Gannon talking to Kyler and telling him not to worry because this year is going to be all about the defense and we will fix the offense next year. We watched Murray’s performance fall off just losing Hopkins. Can you imagine him operating this offense as it stands right now?

Hey I’ll be the first to say perhaps my idea here is idiotic. But to me doing everthing for Kyler ( or the NEXT Qb) makes sense.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Would seem the logical conclusion but one guy said he heard one of the asks was about Schmitz, which might fit with the trade up to the end on one rumor. I’ve gotten these requests before. Like “We heard this rumor. Does anyone have a coach connection at … State?”
Schmitz. I admit to not being an O-line guru, but is he really a first-rounder? We definitely could use a franchise center if Kyler is going to be under center in the future.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My guess is that they will come down on their compensation requests on the trade down. My only question is will they move down if Anderson is there and the comp package is not great? Or, is the best trade offer going to be from a team wanting Anderson?

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Harry , I see two different roads here.
Gannon is a defensive coach. Probably believes he could make this defense respectable overnight with some picks and addition pieces with remaining free agents.

On the other hand he’s yelled from the mountain tops how he wouldn’t be here without Kyler on the roster.
I feel we should fix one side of the ball this year instead of piece mealing different areas.

If we trade down and simply pick up an additional 2nd along with an addition 2nd for Hopkins, I think we could still get a quality edge with the first pick. It appears with the 2 extra second round picks we could get a center, rb and guard. With our 3rd round we could get a big wr.

It just seems surrounding Kyler with a a dynamic rb, two tough interior linemen and a big Wr makes sense. This offense with the lack of weapons makes Kyler vulnerable and less effective. Let’s face it. Todays nfl is an offensive league.

So is Gannons statement about “ good defense and mediocre offense” wins a smoke screen? Can you imagine Gannon talking to Kyler and telling him not to worry because this year is going to be all about the defense and we will fix the offense next year. We watched Murray’s performance fall off just losing Hopkins. Can you imagine him operating this offense as it stands right now?

Hey I’ll be the first to say perhaps my idea here is idiotic. But to me doing everthing for Kyler ( or the NEXT Qb) makes sense.
In a way, the team is in a similar, not the same but similar situation as the Bears are. The upcoming season is going to determine whether the current QB's are the long term answer. If one wants to take that side of the argument for the Cardinals, then the investment in personnel should learn on offensive talent. The Bears have lots of money to spend on free agents which they wisely did not but accumulated some additional high draft choices this year and next. Let's see what the Cardinals do tomorrow!!

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope people on here are prepared for a potentially lower compensation package than what has been the norm.
If we are not getting a massive haul of picks, then why trade down. They only way I would be ok with taking a lower comp package than normal is if we are just moving to #4 and still taking Anderson. Otherwise, stay at #3 and take Anderson, unless they get a massive trade offer to move down further.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll say this. Whatever anyone thinks of Jalen Carter, the conventional wisdom is that he's down everyone's board.

If you are a team that wants him, there is absolutely ZERO reasons to push against that narrative.

It really will be interesting to see where he goes.