The 2024-25 NFL league year

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That's how you alienate players. The Cardinals signing Murray to a long term commitment is what we as fans want.

Vindicated? It's a long deal. You could be "vindicated" for one year, only to look foolish a year down the road. That's how these deals can work out.

Two time Pro Bowler and Rookie of the year? I'll sign up for that awful.

This would only be true if we knew how the alternate universe worked out.
Really, really bad post. We blinked a year earlier than history dictates, and we suffered for it. A year early. This wasn't Keim doing the right thing; this was Keim reacting A YEAR EARLY to Kyler's temper tantrum. It backfired.

What your post is weakly trying to intimate is that we got Pro-Bowl and Rookie of the Year level play AFTER the new contract. Did we get even a shade of an inkling of that after the deal? I mean, your mentioning that was a pure joke, right? Not even a groan-worthy joke, that one.

Then we get to the bolded, which is you blatantly lying. The board was super polarized and arguing like cats and dogs about giving him the deal or not. "What we as fans want(ed)?" Not even close, Krang. Total falsehood. Blatant? You tell me.

We don't need some alternate universe to know Kyler has thus far not even come close to living up to his deal. There is no argument that he has. Those that said we should have waited another year until, you know, when most QBs get their next deal, have unquestionably been proven right.

Moving forward? We'll see. I, like you, hope he does live up to it. If the deal becomes a bargain moving forward, it's because he's finally turned it on and done what he wasn't doing before. That would be perfect.

Stout

Reaction score
You were soooo close.

Kyler Murray has been paid $33.8 million for the 2022 and 2023 seasons. He got a $7.2 million option bonus on March 23 2023 that brought his income to $9.3 million.

Even after the latest round of extensions, Kyler's still has the 8th-highest guarantees among QBs. He hasn't been close to a top 10 QB since before he signed that contract.
Yep. When you actually use unvarnished facts.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think "stole money" is always inflammatory. He's probably going to put that money to better use than Michael Bidwill would -- even if it's mostly vBucks and such.

In the NFL, every year is a make or break year. We've been saying that about Kyler for like the past four seasons. I don't agree that going 2-5 with an 89.4 passer rating and 47.2 QBR is doing "exactly what is needed coming back from an injury."
Field play was only a part of it, again, IMHO. He showed up, put the work on and did everything the organization asked. The stuff some folks claimed he needed to do to show he was QB1.

Agian, if he is top 10 this year, it's all in the past. If he's not, then all next off season, we'll talk about who replaces him.

I completely agree with your first part though.

Stout

Reaction score
Field play was only a part of it, again, IMHO. He showed up, put the work on and did everything the organization asked. The stuff some folks claimed he needed to do to show he was QB1.

Agian, if he is top 10 this year, it's all in the past. If he's not, then all next off season, we'll talk about who replaces him.

I can agree with that. I'll add the caveat that he's not just padding his stats in garbage time. Top 10 in stats with the same dumb mistakes will be unacceptable.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

So showing up and doing his job was the thing? That's what we paid $9 million for? OK.

If Kyler shows himself to be top 12, people are going to say that 2025 is really for sure a make-or-break year. Then it's "top 10 in what"?

I don't need Kyler to be in the same conversation with Mahomes, Herbert, Lamar, Josh Allen, and Burrow. I need him to not be excluded from conversations that include Trevor Lawrence, Jared Goff, Tua, and Dak Prescott.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So showing up and doing his job was the thing? That's what we paid $9 million for? OK.

If Kyler shows himself to be top 12, people are going to say that 2025 is really for sure a make-or-break year. Then it's "top 10 in what"?

I don't need Kyler to be in the same conversation with Mahomes, Herbert, Lamar, Josh Allen, and Burrow. I need him to not be excluded from conversations that include Trevor Lawrence, Jared Goff, Tua, and Dak Prescott.
We know no one will agree on that criteria. You know better and you know unless he lignts it up, we'll have this same conversation!

As for doing the work coming back from an ACL surgery, again IMHO, did what he needed to do. We can disagree there, it's ok. I happy with where he is going into the season, but this is my make or break season for him.

In the end, we all want the same, a SB!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Really, really bad post. We blinked a year earlier than history dictates, and we suffered for it. A year early. This wasn't Keim doing the right thing; this was Keim reacting A YEAR EARLY to Kyler's temper tantrum. It backfired.
You wait a year later and you either pay more or decide to move on.
What your post is weakly trying to intimate is that we got Pro-Bowl and Rookie of the Year level play AFTER the new contract. Did we get even a shade of an inkling of that after the deal? I mean, your mentioning that was a pure joke, right? Not even a groan-worthy joke, that one.
Contracts are very often based on past performance.
Then we get to the bolded, which is you blatantly lying. The board was super polarized and arguing like cats and dogs about giving him the deal or not. "What we as fans want(ed)?" Not even close, Krang. Total falsehood. Blatant? You tell me.
What I meant by the comment is that we want the Cardinals to sign or resign players in general.

No lie in that statement at all.
We don't need some alternate universe to know Kyler has thus far not even come close to living up to his deal. There is no argument that he has. Those that said we should have waited another year until, you know, when most QBs get their next deal, have unquestionably been proven right.
I don't you you understand what I mean by the alternate universe statement.
Moving forward? We'll see. I, like you, hope he does live up to it. If the deal becomes a bargain moving forward, it's because he's finally turned it on and done what he wasn't doing before. That would be perfect.
I don't believe in making a definitive statement either way, and you won't see me say "bargain" or "bust". Few QBs would have been successful for the Cardinals in 2022 with how bleh that team turned out to be.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree that going 2-5 with an 89.4 passer rating and 47.2 QBR is doing "exactly what is needed coming back from an injury."
Agree with your point, but for the record, Murray was 3-5 (and arguably played well enough to be 4-4 but for Prater missing two FGs in the last three minutes vs. Seattle).

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
We know no one will agree on that criteria. You know better and you know unless he lignts it up, we'll have this same conversation!

As for doing the work coming back from an ACL surgery, again IMHO, did what he needed to do. We can disagree there, it's ok. I happy with where he is going into the season, but this is my make or break season for him.

In the end, we all want the same, a SB!
As it should be.

I don't think anyone thinks he didn't do the work he needed to do coming back from his ACL. I think people just don't see that as him earning extra credit. Basically, it means he did his job at minimum.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Josh Allen dodged a bullet there. He should send Elway a thank you note. Josh Allen will be more likely to be another flameout QB than a Pro-bowler if drafted by Denver.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The NFL PS games start tonight, and the RS is right around the corner. While, I am very optimistic about the Cardinals, I don't get into making W/L forecasts, but I do think that this will be a VG year for the NFL. Consider:
*KC trying to three peat.
*Maybe a half dozen rookie QB's that have me excited.
*Same with the rookie WR's.
*Maybe a half dozen rookies from the Cardinals draft that will see a lot of PT.

All in all, 2024 should be a VG year for the NFL.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heard Breer say the Rams look like Super Bowl contenders. Decided to check on the rookie we were linked to
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Heard Breer say the Rams look like Super Bowl contenders. Decided to check on the rookie we were linked to
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Contenders?? Yet they are only favored by 2 against us in week 2....does that make us Contenders too?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat