The Bledsoe dilemma

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
This is kind of a pointless conversation. They are keeping both for the foreseeable future. Bledsoe will be matched, Dragic is on a reasonable multi year contract. I actually think they can be a very effective backcourt together and not sure why others would say otherwise,

Bledsoe has a higher ceiling. Dragic is better rightnow. Whats to talk about?

I actually think the Eric Gordon comparison is ridiculous from Elindholm (a devout pessimist) in that other then both being black guards who have a recent injury history nothing else is the same.

Bledsoe is a future star IMO mostly because of his + athleticism and defense and Im not overly worried about paying him. Gordon is a high volume scorer who is short for a 2 and known for shooting and lack of motor.

Its tough to get superstars in the NBA and to me this is a very smart calculated gamble. Dwight Howard was a similar risk with his injury history. Thats looking like a smart move. Lebron could get injured tomorrow too. I think the "injury prone" claim on Bledsoe is shor sighted and reeks of recency bias but I guess well see!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a pointless conversation. They are keeping both for the foreseeable future. Bledsoe will be matched, Dragic is on a reasonable multi year contract. I actually think they can be a very effective backcourt together and not sure why others would say otherwise,

Bledsoe has a higher ceiling. Dragic is better rightnow. Whats to talk about?

I actually think the Eric Gordon comparison is ridiculous from Elindholm (a devout pessimist) in that other then both being black guards who have a recent injury history nothing else is the same.

Bledsoe is a future star IMO mostly because of his + athleticism and defense and Im not overly worried about paying him. Gordon is a high volume scorer who is short for a 2 and known for shooting and lack of motor.

Its tough to get superstars in the NBA and to me this is a very smart calculated gamble. Dwight Howard was a similar risk with his injury history. Thats looking like a smart move. Lebron could get injured tomorrow too. I think the "injury prone" claim on Bledsoe is shor sighted and reeks of recency bias but I guess well see!

There are a lot of things to discuss. Perhaps we can even revisit the Joe Johnson situation when he became a restricted free agent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of things to discuss. Perhaps we can even revisit the Joe Johnson situation when he became a restricted free agent.

haha...seriously.

and "recency bias" and not injury prone? He's played four seasons and has now missed major time in two of them with problems in the same knee. I think it's a fair topic for debate.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the love of god, please tell me you're joking. Talk about beating a dead horse.

I said it with some sarcasm but I wanted to point out this was not a pointless conversation if one wants to explore what can happen in free agency.

However, because Joe Johnson is an old topic does not mean it is irrelevant.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Backcourts don't win championships.

What? Isiah Thomas and joe Dumars. Magic Johnson. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant. Sure you have to have other players too but this statement is just silly.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In the meantime, Bledsoe has been outspoken about his admiration for Dragic, who was one of the final players left off the Western Conference All-Star team.

“Eric and Goran, they have a great relationship,” Hornacek said without the prompt of a question. “Eric is talking about ‘hey, Goran should be on that All-Star [team].’ He’s mad about it. He thinks he should be on it. So do we.”

http://www.nba.com/suns/#/story/news/hornacek-talks-bledsoe-rehab-chemistry-dragic
I hope that demolishes all the talk about Bledsoe being unhappy in PHX or with Dragic.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Given the timeline that Gambo gave us after Bledsoe's surgery, he should be back in 10 days from today.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bledsoe likes it here. Coaches love him. Fans love him. Teammates love him. He's a great player and person. He's a RFA.

He'll stay. Does that mini rant end the dilemma?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope that demolishes all the talk about Bledsoe being unhappy in PHX or with Dragic.

The other day in a radio interview, Babby said that he intends to match any offer for Bledsoe. Said the Suns like everything about him. They like him as a player, as a person, as a teammate etc. He just laid it on thick. Babby has been an agent for years and he understands what that means to a player. Its not just the money, its the absolute affirmation on all levels. Combine that with a good offer and its hard to resist.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other day in a radio interview, Babby said that he intends to match any offer for Bledsoe. Said the Suns like everything about him. They like him as a player, as a person, as a teammate etc. He just laid it on thick. Babby has been an agent for years and he understands what that means to a player. Its not just the money, its the absolute affirmation on all levels. Combine that with a good offer and its hard to resist.

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Babby was laying it on heavy the season before Nash left. Now he has a credibility gap with me. However, I understand what you are saying. I'm more inclined to believe McDonough.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Babby was laying it on heavy the season before Nash left. Now he has a credibility gap with me. However, I understand what you are saying. I'm more inclined to believe McDonough.

McDonough kep saying at the beginning of the season that they will not move Gortat and that they will start talking to him about an extension to stay here.

Truth is, both guys are liars. And in this business, liars come out as winners.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake