The Fix is IN!

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Just like three years ago, the Referees are giving the game to the Steelers... The Cards never had a chance.

ambsteeler

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
give it the **** up you guys lost a fare called game you should be proud and bitch

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
give it the **** up you guys lost a fare called game you should be proud and bitch
The Steelers got a couple questionable calls, but overall the game was called fair. The Cardinals just couldn't stop the Steelers final drive. :(

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostly yes but why were the Steelers allowed to hit Kurt but we were not allowed to hit Ben ?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'd say it was biased and Holmes did not have his foot down but Pittsburg fans can just back off.

It was fair enough and it wasn't Pittsburgs fault on the calls and we didn't have to let it get that close so congrats to them and no one is whining about the calls and saying we should of won.

What we are saying is that we don't want to see that ******** anymore for any team.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
They won, we lost. Not anyone's fault, not the refs, not anyone.
I honestly thought there was a chance things were going to get ugly. I think there's some blame to go around, but this team played with a ton of heart and never gave up.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Does Pittsburgh ever just cleanly win a game? It seems like every time they win anything there is some controversial call(s) that they needed to go in their favor. They've been screwed a few times in the past but this game and the Seattle SB are nothing to be proud of. Any team can win when enough calls go their way. It would be one thing if there was just a call or two but all game long there were questionable calls, not to mention the Cardinals being the most penalized SB team ever.

OP
OP
TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
They won, we lost. Not anyone's fault, not the refs, not anyone.

Too many questionable calls to feel comfortable in the loss. If this didn't happen just three years ago against the Seahawks, I wouldn't think much of it.

Yeah - The defense can't let them run the length of the field in the last 2:30...

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
It was SB40 all over again, as far as I'm concerned. None (or very few at any rate, I'm tired and I may be forgetting something) of the controversial calls were actually flat-out wrong. But just about every single close call went to the Steelers. Just like SB40.

I don't think it's even possible to fix a game that way... you can't count on lots of close plays that could go either way. But damn. The luck, it is amazing.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fix was in. The freaking refs had it in for the Cards.

1) Holding - hardly ever called on Pitt, called on Arizona for same amount of holding
2) Roughing the passer - bull **** call - Steelers were hitting Warner the same
3) Roughing the punter
4) Safety should have been called the first time
5) No touchdown at the end, holding on the play not called.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Steelers got a couple questionable calls, but overall the game was called fair. The Cardinals just couldn't stop the Steelers final drive. :(

I disagree that the game was called fairly. The Cardinals made it close in spite of the BS officiating. If you give a great time like the Steelers additional opportunities, it's very tough to win. Big Ben beat us fair & square on the last drive, but the calls in the first 3 quarters were HORRENDOUS, to say the least.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Right now its all talk, once people start cutting up film either we will ahve proof or we will be put in our places. IMO it will be the former, but we will have proof that we were screwed or we were wrong

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
I disagree that the game was called fairly. The Cardinals made it close in spite of the BS officiating. If you give a great time like the Steelers additional opportunities, it's very tough to win. Big Ben beat us fair & square on the last drive, but the calls in the first 3 quarters were HORRENDOUS, to say the least.
I remember one time where they got a call and still had to settle for a
FG. There may have been a couple other questionable call. Over all a fair called game, with the possible exception of the tuck rule.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was it me or did it look like Hightower got blocked from the back on Harrison's interception at the end of the 2nd quarter?

Reaction score
Kinda hard to scream "FIX" when the Steelers started that last drive with a holding penalty called against them.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Kinda hard to scream "FIX" when the Steelers started that last drive with a holding penalty called against them.
So one call against them explains everything? How about Holmes evidently not having two feet in. Or not being penalized for using the ball as a prop? Or not even reviewing the last play? I mean how much is too much? Any one of those calls made correctly and the game is far different.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This was game was poorly officiated on both sides.
We saw too much laundry in general but I don't feel robbed by the refs.
The defense didn't do enough to seal it. They were close, just not close enough.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
It's not just sour grapes. Yahoo sports already has an article questioning the officiating.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it isn't sour grapes, Mike Sando seems to think there were real issues

Referee Terry McAulay arguably should have ejected the Steelers' James Harrison after punching and decking Aaron Francisco. And on the final play, replay official Bob McGrath should have issued a challenge just to be sure Warner's arm wasn't moving forward on the game-clinching forced fumble.