The Matt Leinart era "probably" ends

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would we trade a guy we spent a top-10 draft pick on and years developing for a second rounder? It's asinine. He's a good, young QB. He's got 10+ years of playing in the NFL in front of him and we have a 38 year-old starter at the position.

Leinart is not going anywhere, nor should he.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Why would we trade a guy we spent a top-10 draft pick on and years developing for a second rounder? It's asinine. He's a good, young QB. He's got 10+ years of playing in the NFL in front of him and we have a 38 year-old starter at the position.

Yup...he can ask, and we can say no. He's got three yrs. still left on the deal. Yes he's got a 15M bonus next season coming up, but if he's the starter for 2010, we'll re-do the deal then, just like Fitz was.

The Cardinals are all in.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Bucky interprets his opinion... his musings... as official pronouncements on this issue.:rolleyes:

Ahhh, thought so.

It'd be a ridiculous move to trade Matt this offseason imho, he has started in this league, and is young. The Cards have all the leverage here, we get to see what happens for a whole year before having to make a decision on him, why in such a hurry?

The Official crap needs to stop, this is how miss-information starts, and then we get more KFFL.com's to spread it around. :bang:

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Leinart gets traded, which he most likely won't, we better draft Pat White. Kurt and St. Pierre would train him into an unstoppable two-headed monster.

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would be highly disappointed if Leinart is not the future QB of this team

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be highly disappointed if Leinart is the future QB of this team
Why?

Personally, I'd be highly disappointed if he wasn't. That's what he was drafted to be; why would you not want it to come to fruition?

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I would like to hang on to him too but I just can't see Matt sitting again this year and then redoing his contract next offseason.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why?

Personally, I'd be highly disappointed if he wasn't. That's what he was drafted to be; why would you not want it to come to fruition?

LOL!

Sorry I had a typo, I would be very disappointed if he WASN'T the Future QB of this team

:)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, I do not believe 2010 will be uncapped. They will redo the CBA and cap it in the offseason.

I couldnt disagree more. 2010 will be uncapped or the union will be decertified and locked out. A new CBA is typically a multi-year process and from what I understand, the ball hasnt even started rolling yet. Also, the NFLPA is without a union head and the selection process for a new one has been a circus.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. He should be there for our 2nd rounder.

Sigh. Talk about a reaction because of a better then expected few days at the combine.

So now we want to trade Matt Leinart AND spend a 2nd round pick on.....Pat White?

Really? Really?

This sucks. I am hoping Matt has his head on his shoulders and doesn't ask for a trade. If it really comes down to it he can force the issue of getting cut next offseason should the Cardinals feel Kurt is the starter for 2010 and go wherever he wants.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Pat White had a stronger arm than Leinart.

Really I would.

Really.

:)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can ask for a trade, but he won't get it. The cards aren't stupid. They have ideal QB depth. They'll deal with the $15 million next year in the uncapped year.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can ask for a trade, but he won't get it. The cards aren't stupid. They have ideal QB depth. They'll deal with the $15 million next year in the uncapped year.

Yeah, no ish. Teams kill themselves trying to find a starter and capable backup/QBOF.

If anything the Cards could trade Saint Pierre for a couple #1s. ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. Talk about a reaction because of a better then expected few days at the combine.

So now we want to trade Matt Leinart AND spend a 2nd round pick on.....Pat White?

Really? Really?

This sucks. I am hoping Matt has his head on his shoulders and doesn't ask for a trade. If it really comes down to it he can force the issue of getting cut next offseason should the Cardinals feel Kurt is the starter for 2010 and go wherever he wants.

IMO, Leinart will be the QB after this coming season (maybe even earlier). KW might not even make it through this coming season much less two more seasons. However, I am not convinced Leinart has the decision making ability and arm to be the long term answer at QB.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Are some of you guys serious? Wanting Pat effing White to be the QBOF? Seriously, he's not even that good a QB prospect. SMH.

And I've never understood why some of you are so quick to oust Leinart even though he played well in the times he got a chance to play. He's far from a scrub and lost the QB competition to Warner by the slimmest of margins. But then again, we have a growing cult touting the great BSP (who has never played a snap in the reg. season in his six year career) in the wings so we'll be fine when Warner falls off or gets injured. :rolleyes:

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Heck, all three qb's could get hurt next season, then what? Have your plan where no one gets hurt, but have your backup ready to go. No way Weinert goes, unless an ridiculous offer falls in our lap.

LACardsJoe

Reaction score
IMO, Leinart will be the QB after this coming season (maybe even earlier). KW might not even make it through this coming season much less two more seasons. However, I am not convinced Leinart has the decision making ability and arm to be the long term answer at QB.

This season, I very much disagree. Year after, maybe; age will definitely be a factor, if it isn't already. Either way, I never want a QB to get injured, so if you think KW might not make it, I hope it is due to his play. My hope is we win a SB, he retires on top, Matt comes in, and we can all live happily ever after.