THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, this is just great :sarcasm:

When on the front foot (rarely), no one can pick out a cutting pass to save their frakking lives. We need MUCH more creativity in midfield in the transfer window.

Team is playing absolutely gutless. Why bother pressing at all when you're just going to jog five yards off the guy you're supposed to be pressing? All that does is let them play around you with ease.

Trippier bound and determined to fudge Newcastle's chances at Europe. Literally took a play off and JOGGED after getting the ball lofted over him to almost give up the opener, then stood FIVE YARDS off the defensive line, doing his best to keep Mainoo onside for the opener. He's been ass today. Did he force his way back into the lineup or did Howe force him in there for leadership? Either way, he clearly wasn't ready to start again.

Then to top it off, the ref absolutely stinks. Is he from Man Poo? When a Magpie is down injured in the penalty area and Man Poo are attacking? Play on, says the ref. When a Man Poo player is down injured at midfield and Newcastle are attacking? Whoa whoa whoa, we have to stop the game! And I guess taking a guy out so hard you tear his sock open in the penalty area isn't cause for a VAR decision for a penalty, is it?

freaking shambolic all around. Failure to secure Europe makes Howe an absolute failure this season. No excuses. None. At the absolute, very least, the side have got to show more guts in the second half. What an embarrassment.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Playing with Trippier really changes the game, and not in a good way. A lot more hopeful (hopeless) crosses through the box.
Plus he took a play off to almost give up a goal and literally did give up a goal that should have been offside by a country mile.

Love what he's done for the club and absolutely saved the club, but it's time to move him on in the transfer window and roll with Livramento.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, that's a disappointing end to a disappointing season. One meaningless game left. Chelsea will not drop to Bournemouth. Just so disappointing.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
At least the fans showed up and were loud. That's the best I can say. Outside of PSG at home, every single game I've been excited about this season (every game with a bit of pressure) we've totally folded.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

What is even the point of VAR? Oh, wait, you're not allowed to award penalties against Man Poo. I forgot.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think 7th maybe gets Europa conference league? If we win at Brentford, we still finish ahead of Man Poo.
Yes 7th gets the Conference League. If Coventry would have beat ManU in the FA Cup Semis and somehow upset City in the finals, then only 5th would have gotten Europa and 6th would have gotten Conference (with Coventry getting the other Europa spot).

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yes 7th gets the Conference League. If Coventry would have beat ManU in the FA Cup Semis and somehow upset City in the finals, then only 5th would have gotten Europa and 6th would have gotten Conference (with Coventry getting the other Europa spot).
Couldn't your Seagulls have done a job for us yesterday? :D jk

If Man Poo win the FA Cup Final, and finishes behind Newcastle, it's a screw job and they get the spot instead, so 7th would not get Conference League.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Couldn't your Seagulls have done a job for us yesterday? :D jk

If Man Poo win the FA Cup Final, and finishes behind Newcastle, it's a screw job and they get the spot instead, so 7th would not get Conference League.
Correct.. I didn’t realize ManU was actually that low!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort