The Official Bench Edge, Start Hightower Thread

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Edge keeps complaining that he doesnt get enough carries.. Yet when he does, he manages to get swallowed by incredibly slow defenders, not find the holes. Pretty much the only thing hes good at is sucking.

We're not playing for your HOF career.. We wanna win dammit.

START HIGHTOWER!!!

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have been a big fan of Edges' but it's time for a new blood in at Rb. I am all for a Hightower/ Arrington combo

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If i'm Whiz, it's done. Edge still has the rep that he runs hard......i just don't see it.
He's good for at least 2 or 3 shoestring tackles per game IMO.
Start Hightower.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see both sides. I think there were a couple of Th runs that edge would have gotten more out of, but I also think even those had limited potential. I think we need a run game with more upside, and we're not getting upside by giving Edge the bulk of the carries; we may well be risking a little more, though.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kurt's getting killed!!!

IF we don't get a running game soon he won't make it thru the year. I know he wants to pass every play and that's our strength BUT he spent ALOT of this game on his back. Now granted Carolina's D is REALLY good, but the punishment he's taking has to be addressed. A decent running game would change the the mind-set of their D. GO CARDS!!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what we do at the RB position this season, we will not have a menacing running game. We are a passing team, plain and simple.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge gained 17 yards on 7 carries. With all the passing, I'm wondering if Warner was calling the plays on the field?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the passing, I'm wondering if Warner was calling the plays on the field?
So what if he was? The Cards moved the ball with relative ease today on a very good defense. The offense was not the problem.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Hightower 6-3, logest run 2 yards.

He is not exactly leaving the smoke behind... he has been really good in short yardage and goal line situations.

we are a passing team and our running game has been bad no matter who runs.

We can try putting Hightower in since its not working anyway but I just don't see much improvement.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what if he was? The Cards moved the ball with relative ease today on a very good defense. The offense was not the problem.

Whoa!! I wasn't complaining. Warner did an excellent job today. He was either making the calls or changing a lot of them on the field. I have no problem with this teams offense. Wish I could say that about our defense.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Also, in the 2nd half, we completely went away from run... didn't even attempt. Granted the passing was working but gotta mix it up once in a while to keep defense honest.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, in the 2nd half, we completely went away from run... didn't even attempt. Granted the passing was working but gotta mix it up once in a while to keep defense honest.
I totally disagree. The run was ineffective, the pass was extremely effective (even with an empty backfield). Go with what works, IMO.

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
i agree with this. i mentioned it in the thread i started. hightower is one tough mug to bring down. let edge and arrington split the carries inbetween the 20's except any short yardage stuff and 3rd downs needs to go to hightower as well as all red zone carries.

you guys just flat out need to run the ball more. it wil make your passing game almost unstoppable. imo, i just don't see an big improvement in your W column until that happens. you have the guy you need to give your running game respect in hightower. it's crazy not to use him. i was also surprised at how good he is as a receiving option. makes sense to use him instead of the TEs as a dump off option. hightower has big play potential that edge just doesn't have anymore.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Seeing this game only makes me wish we could draft Jon Stewart. :(

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For a guy who wants more carries, dropping the ball won't help see time.

I panned the Emmit Smith signing and when he was healthy his vision earned him my respect.

I applauded the James signing and he's been the toughest 3 yard runner I've ever seen, but if all he's going to get is 3 and drop the ball then he's more of a liability than an asset. That's including his blitz pickup.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
One thing is absolutely certain. Edgerin James had better shut the #### up. The guy has absolutely no room for mouthing off like he did last week. When you speak up like that, you better put up. He not only didn't put up but he dropped a screen pass set up for a big gain in the first half, then has the critical fumble deep in Cardinal territory early in the second half.

Edge you absolutely do owe Whis, Todd Haley, and your teammates an apology IMO.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We had Carolina on their collective heels. I wouldn't have done anything different. If not for the tipped int we would have taken the lead at that point and probably would have won the game.
Why stop when they had no answer for it?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I want Hightower to be the starter but he wasn't all that effective today either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing this game only makes me wish we could draft Jon Stewart. :(

please don't make me say the other guy's name, especially on a day that Awful Awful gave up another two sacks and got a 15 yard penalty.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The changing of the guard has already been set in motion. However , we need to be careful not to burn TH out before the playoffs get here.

I can't believe I said "before the playoffs get here". We will be in the playoffs. If you hadn't heard it yet, you heard it now. Put it on your signiture if you don't believe it!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05