The Official Bench Edge, Start Hightower Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do, however, think that Edge should be in on the goalline. I thin he'd have scored where TH didn't on that first drive.

no way in hell. Since his knee-surgery, Edge has NEVER been a good goal-line back. The kid's got a nose for the endzone and is a dynamite short yardage guy. Our running plays start slowly enough. We don't need Edge to slow them down anymore than our execution of the hand off already does.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
is Hightower the next Boldin, as in the guy that everyone on this board fell in love with irrationally during the pre-season and then somehow actually lives up to the hype we've created for him? pretty damn good start getting 100 and a TD in his first start, not to mention scoring 7 TDs overall so far this season.
I sure hope so.

But how about Arrington? He puts up 62 yards on 6 carries. He is looking to be a good change of pace back.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no way in hell. Since his knee-surgery, Edge has NEVER been a good goal-line back. The kid's got a nose for the endzone and is a dynamite short yardage guy. Our running plays start slowly enough. We don't need Edge to slow them down anymore than our execution of the hand off already does.

:yeahthat:

No way in hell Edge scores on that play.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Edge is a master of making the first guy miss. Unfortunately, he's too slow to do anything with that skill, which is why he'd be great on the goaline.

JMHO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Edge is a master of making the first guy miss. Unfortunately, he's too slow to do anything with that skill, which is why he'd be great on the goaline.

JMHO

unfortunately, on the goal line, you usually have to power through someone (which Edge can't do anymore) or make more than one guy miss since everyone's at the line, thus, he would be horrible there IMO.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JMHO

Edge is pretty good at getting 2-3 yards no matter what the defense throws at him. Unfortunately those 2-3 yards are about all he'll get. I don't think he'd be a bad goalline option at all.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, on the goal line, you usually have to power through someone (which Edge can't do anymore) or make more than one guy miss since everyone's at the line, thus, he would be horrible there IMO.
I'm cool with disagreeing with you on this. You're probably all hopped up on back pills.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge is pretty good at getting 2-3 yards no matter what the defense throws at him. Unfortunately those 2-3 yards are about all he'll get. I don't think he'd be a bad goalline option at all.

He would be a terrible goaline option when you have a kid in Hightower who has proven he is about as stellar around the GL as you can get.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would be a terrible goaline option when you have a kid in Hightower who has proven he is about as stellar around the GL as you can get.

That's the other thing, TH has been so good at it that it's a moot point.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Yeah, seriously, Nashman. WTF? We just had the best running attack we've had since...I don't know when and you're bitching about it.

He's probably under the assumption that the reason that the Rams had won 2 of their 3 previous games before us was due to their offense. Which isn't true at all.

The Rams D has been very good since Haslett took over. With the exception of having a good game against maybe the worst secondary in football (Patriots), their offense has been awful

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm cool with disagreeing with you on this. You're probably all hopped up on back pills.

back pills are only at night! I'm thinking free and clear! but yeah, it's not a big deal and I'm pretty sure we're never gonna see what you want to see so me happy happy!

in all seriousness, kudos to the kid for stepping up and putting Edge where he belongs - no where near the field of play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05