The official Cardinals: "Why Cant I Quit You" Thread

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I have no idea why I don't. When the Cards last game of the season is over, I know my mood brightens, I can watch some football playoffs and enjoy it. By the time free agency and the draft rolls around, I start getting optimistic again and doomed to another year of misery and dashed expectations.

Wildfire

Registered
Reaction score
It's funny, my wife askes me that very same question every sunday during the season.

After 40+ years of being a Cardinal fan, I just don't understand how they can lose so many game in so many ways and yet I still remain a die hard fan.

I just wish that once, before i die, that I could make it thru one season without becoming ill, upset, and down right PO'ed after a game like today.

I know that the Cardinals are a better team this year, and will be better next, but I just might run out of high blood pressure meds by then.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's funny, my wife askes me that very same question every sunday during the season.

After 40+ years of being a Cardinal fan, I just don't understand how they can lose so many game in so many ways and yet I still remain a die hard fan.

I just wish that once, before i die, that I could make it thru one season without becoming ill, upset, and down right PO'ed after a game like today.

I know that the Cardinals are a better team this year, and will be better next, but I just might run out of high blood pressure meds by then.

Hang in there and get plenty of exercise it could be a while!!

I hear ya, however I am a Mizzou fan too, I've endured all their years of this same crap.

We lost on a 5th down to the eventual national champs Colorado, we lost on a kicked football that resulted in another national champion, Nebraska.

This year against all odds, they just win.

It can happen, it can turn, just live right and hope, it's all you can do.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Hang in there and get plenty of exercise it could be a while!!

I hear ya, however I am a Mizzou fan too, I've endured all their years of this same crap.

We lost on a 5th down to the eventual national champs Colorado, we lost on a kicked football that resulted in another national champion, Nebraska.

This year against all odds, they just win.

It can happen, it can turn, just live right and hope, it's all you can do.
SHhhhhhh....we don't want to stir any ghost from games past....they gotta get the Sooners next weekend....I want it really bad.....Cards are a lost cause because of the Karma of the owners....you learn to live with it...if your around for multiple decades as most of us are.....Go Mizzou

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because I can always count the cardinals on getting me back to smoking every sunday... SOB

freebyrd

Reaction score
i don't know, i must secretly enjoy agony disappointment and misery, i don't deserve to be the fan of a winner, and the cardinals don't deserve to be winners or have any fans at all, so we are a match made in heaven, and they make my life hell,
go cards?!?:(

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
the sad thing is that this game would have been one of the more entertaining and fullfilling win by the cardinals for me in a LONG time.

too bad the game will now just bring up nightmares when its mentioned. it could have really been something. fitz hail mary, patrick td catch, bj catch at the end of regulation, moreys great run down the sideline...all for nothing!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know who is more brain dead; the team or us.

Pendy

Reaction score
Unbelievable, but I wasn't shocked...

I live in OK, the Cards are not on TV much, and I sure as heck don't want to purchase NFL access to watch them. I was, however watching the gametracker on computer when I had to take my little girl to basketball practice, the Cards had just completed the long pass to set up the FG try in OT. I was already running late, so I left the house knowing the Cards had pulled one out. When I got home and saw what had happened, I just laughed...not a joyful laugh, more like a laugh you laugh when agony and pain are inevitable (sp?) I have been a fan since 1975 and I have come to expect this from them...I just call them the 'Lovable Losers'....Just think how fun it will be when they actually do win a Championship...I will probably be on life-support, but it will still be fun!

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
but I just might run out of high blood pressure meds by then.

They really should do a study on the health of Cards fans vs other teams fans. I almost blew a gasket when Warner fumbled.

well, here comes all the media tomorrow to talk about how we're the same old Cardinals and just pouring salt on our wounds.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always compared being a Cards fan to herpes. Yeah, it was fun when you caught, but it gives you a lifetime of regret.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I just got home from the game and I have been thinking about it all the way home. No music in the truck. No radio. Nothing. Just me and my thoughts all the way home.

I think something in me died today. I didn't become a darksider. I just became numb. I don't think I will watch another game this season because I honestly don't care if the Cardinals win or not. All the joy of being a fan was crushed out of me by Whiz, Warner, Barr, Rackers etc.

Maybe it will come back later this season or next. I honestly don't know at this point, but right now I have nothing more to give to this team.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate the cardinals. They have hurt me to the core of my soul.

This loss is worse than the Bears loss. This was against a team we should have killed...destroyed. And we blew it more times than you can count. And our kicker sucks.

I want to die NOT loving the Cardinals...I may never die...but I will live a life of suffering. :(

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't become a darksider.

Yes, you did. You don't know it yet...but you did. You and I cheer for the same bball team. We know winning. This feeling we shared today is not normal. It is not an inkling.

You became a darksider. I know you did on your drive home, because I did on my walk to the car. Abomb surprisingly didn't know what I was saying when I told him I went dark...but he knew...he SAW it. He just didn't believe it.

It takes a lot to take an optimist from the light to the dark. Thanks for joining me on the journey, Renz.

Screw the cards...they suck and I love them anyway. I need mental help.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
I kind of wish I didn't hear or see anymore about the Cardinals for the rest of the year. Was hoping to go to next weeks game, now I'm not going to make the effort. Lot of great players with a lot of heart. The kicker is not one of those guys and should be let go immediately. Give me Martin Gramattica, John Carney, Morten Andersson, any old kicker out of retirement who can make a 32 yard FG with the game on the line after a practice try.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Yes, you did. You don't know it yet...but you did. You and I cheer for the same bball team. We know winning. This feeling we shared today is not normal. It is not an inkling.

You became a darksider. I know you did on your drive home, because I did on my walk to the car. Abomb surprisingly didn't know what I was saying when I told him I went dark...but he knew...he SAW it. He just didn't believe it.

It takes a lot to take an optimist from the light to the dark. Thanks for joining me on the journey, Renz.

Screw the cards...they suck and I love them anyway. I need mental help.

LOL! You're right, I just didn't want to admit it. I've become part of the Empire, the KGB, the Waffen SS.

I'm enveloped in darkness. I need mental help.