The official Dirk is a Punk thread!

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have more problems with Jason Terry. He gets away with offensive fouls with his off arm on every drive to the basket. Stackhouse is also dirty with his shove-off fadeaway jumper like he's Jordan on Craig Ehlo.

My problems with Dirk are his travelling, illegal screens and over-the-back rebounding that he never gets called for.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
jbeecham said:
My problems with Dirk are his travelling, illegal screens and over-the-back rebounding that he never gets called for.

But those aren't his fault. That's the responsibility of the referee to call those.

Besides if you have good rebounding position you will get the over the back calls.

Also Diaw sets an illegal screen on nearly every pick and roll with Nash and he doesn't get called for it either.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Diop also sticks his butts out screening on both sides of the court. We ain't smart enough yet to seek and exaggerate the contacts to make them evident for the refs to call, some of the times.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
I love when people hate Dirk
I hate the illegal things he's allowed to do on the court by the refs. I don't hate Dirk as a person or a player. He's taking advantage of the officiating and it's killing us so far.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
We are plagued by injury this year and that is what has basically lost us this finals with bell out not this officiating. Officiating definately leans toward dallas, so what, we could beat them even with that but it is over now with bell out, so lets not just waste time complaining about the refs. Gear up for next year.

Nash

Reaction score
As a person, he seems nice enough. Stevie's friend after all ;) So its hard to hate the guy.

I like his 10 foot jumpers - his release and the soft stroke are great. At the same time, when he puts the ball down, inevitably he travels and the ensuing layup by him is one of the ugliest sights. He looks so awkward when driving towards the basket.
His repeated traveling that never gets called is getting annoying now.

**I've been searching for freedom....**

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Dirk is second fiddle IMO when compared to Howard that guy is amazing.

?? Have you even watched the Playoffs this season?

Playoff MVP so far, hands down. Second fiddle?

Reaction score
Ahhh Dirk hatin'. Makes me all fuzzy inside to see you whiny biotches complaining. Jealous much?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous. Dirk Nowitzki is a great player. I don't think he'll ever be a great defender, but he's at least decent now for a 7 footer. offensively he is something else. I would take a healthy Amare Stoudemire over Dirk, but with amare injured I'm especially jealous.

Joe Mama

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
My problem with Dirk is that over-extended brow ridge of his (can't he get plastic surgery to fix that???).

Other than that, he seems like a good person and a heck of a player.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:
Ahhh Dirk hatin'. Makes me all fuzzy inside to see you whiny biotches complaining. Jealous much?

And now you are banned.

TXBamanut

Reaction score
Dirk is an awesome player. I'm glad we have him. Here's to a good series.

Go Mavs!

DaMav

Unabashed Mavericks Fan
Reaction score
Dirk is definately the best player on the floor in this series.

Fearless1J418

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OK seriously

If Dirk isnt the MVP of the playoffs, who is? Dont be such a homer that you cant see straight. JHO is playing great, but he isnt a top 5 player in this league.

That being said, Diaw is flat out killing us. Almost as much as KVH is. Whats funny is I bet after we let him go, the Suns will sign him, and he will be the next TThomas.

Honestly, how many 7 fters in this league can do even close to what Dirk can do?

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Dirk seems to be a great bloke. In all the interviews he looks so natural. Not any kind of superstar attitude.

Dirk as a player: Its annoying to see his constant travelling - but like somebody said before: Not his fault.
Other than that he's a heck of a player and I wouldn't mind to see him on the Suns roster.

mavs5241

Reaction score
Dirk a punk??

The guy came all the way from Germany and worked his way up to where he is now. Back then people bash him for his defense, passing out of double teams, low post game, and every year he improves aspects of his game to where he is now. Look at his performnace in the playoffs thus far, and let the facts speak for itself. He is easily one of the top 5 players in the nba right now.

because of dirk, every nba scouts are heading to europe wishing to find the next dirk nowitzki. But they will never find one because what makes dirk special is not just the talent, the guy has an amazing work ethic, and people in dallas loves him for that. He's not like other superstars (say Kobe) who takes things for granted and shows an attitude on and off the court. Really calling him a punk is unfair and a joke to me.

Btw if you are interested here is a video of Punk'd Dirk Nowitzki http://youtube.com/watch?v=FWmuUFKX1QA&search=dirk%20nowitzki

Really shows what a Punk he is....

Dallasjetfan

Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
We are plagued by injury this year and that is what has basically lost us this finals with bell out not this officiating. Officiating definately leans toward dallas, so what, we could beat them even with that but it is over now with bell out, so lets not just waste time complaining about the refs. Gear up for next year.

With Amare AND Bell, you guys would have probably won, but not just Bell. This Mavs team is just better!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I'm jealous. Dirk Nowitzki is a great player. I don't think he'll ever be a great defender, but he's at least decent now for a 7 footer. offensively he is something else. I would take a healthy Amare Stoudemire over Dirk, but with amare injured I'm especially jealous.

Joe Mama

Joe, this is a good take on Dirk and I am certainly not a Dallas fan.

Also he is a friend of Steve Nash so that makes him okay in my book. :)

I wish some posters would quit referring to some players as a "punk." IMO, this is demeaning both to the poster and this discussion board.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05