The Official Draft Lottery Thread

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I dunno.. If the draft really WAS rigged, I can think of a few markets that they'd rather have seen Oden and Durant start their careers off in than Portland and Seattle.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like trying to move up with the two picks for Acie Law.

I still see Atlanta as a lottery team next year, they seem to have a losing quality about them no matter who they have.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do the hawks have salary cap room this summer? I thought they did as well. A #3 and #11 pick plus a ton of cap room could lure Mike Bibby there - then you might as well pencil them in as the 4 seed.

WOW.

mribnik

Reaction score
Actually, what will probably happen next year is that the Hawks will suck really badly and have the worst record in the league. Then, the Spurs, tanking the season after foot injuries to Manu and Duncan, will jump up to the #1 spot in the draft, despite having the 13th worst record. I can see it all now, like it has already happened.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
do the hawks have salary cap room this summer? I thought they did as well. A #3 and #11 pick plus a ton of cap room could lure Mike Bibby there - then you might as well pencil them in as the 4 seed.

WOW.

They were going through Atlanta's recent #1 picks on the radio today and the guys who were drafted immediately after ATL picked were stars.

Therefore, the Suns should move up to 4 and 12. :p

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

WOW.

They're at 48.5, i'm guessing cap is around 53/54, so no, basically they have the mid level.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
We get Atlanta's pick no matter what next year. If it's the #1..it goes to the Suns. The Suns next GREAT PG

No offense to everyone who is looking to next years lottery but that is aloooong way off and its the exact hype we brought to this draft. Now all of a sudden we think we can get the No1 pick! lol. I would have thought afte Atl get pick 3 in a VERY good draft and have pick 11 for gods sake! You add that to the young nucleous they have already... you think they won't be better? Anyone? Plus a MLE player, they WILL make or just miss the playoffs and our pick will be low.

Quit dreaming people, you'll only be disappointed,but go ahead and start a draft prospects thread for next year if it'll make you feel better.

Last edited:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Actually, what will probably happen next year is that the Hawks will suck really badly and have the worst record in the league. Then, the Spurs, tanking the season after foot injuries to Manu and Duncan, will jump up to the #1 spot in the draft, despite having the 13th worst record. I can see it all now, like it has already happened.

Well if that happens then there's a really good chance the suns end up in the finals!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I doubt Bibby wants to go to Atlanta -- for a lot of reasons.

The Hawks have 12 players at $48 million. They have plenty of room to land one major free agent. What's scary is everyone important to them is signed through 2009. This could be a bonified turnaround.

OTOH, this is a team that has perfected the draft day brain freeze. They have a horrible front office on top of that.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No offense to everyone who is looking to next years lottery but that is aloooong way off and its the exact hype we brought to this draft. Now all of a sudden we think we can get the No1 pick! lol. I would have thought afte Atl get pick 3 in a VERY good draft and have pick 11 for gods sake! You add that to the young nucleous they have already... you think they won't be better? Anyone?

Quit dreaming people, you'll only be dissapointed,but go ahead and start a draft prospects thread for next year if it'll make you feel better.
I can't understand how people are saying that Atlanta is automatically going to get much better/make the playoffs etc. There IS a good chance they won't be that good next year still. They will still have a young team that seems to get younger as time goes by, and without Oden or Durrant that rest of the draft is still not a 'sure thing'.

mribnik

Reaction score
Well if that happens then there's a really good chance the suns end up in the finals!

Nah. The Mavericks, in a desperate attempt to add toughness, are going to sign Danny Fortson, who is going to hip check Steve Nash in the WCF. The entire Suns roster and the gorilla will be suspended despite wearing seatbells on the bench.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well we're pretty much stuck with the same team next year. H

opefully amare gets better at d, barbosa develops an in between game, and our coach GETS SOME FRICKIN BALLS and tells diaw to stop playing like a puss and live up to his pure talent.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't understand how people are saying that Atlanta is automatically going to get much better/make the playoffs etc. There IS a good chance they won't be that good next year still. They will still have a young team that seems to get younger as time goes by, and without Oden or Durrant that rest of the draft is still not a 'sure thing'.

There is a chance ATL will suck again, but I would expect them to improve without the added picks. If they have some bum with a big salary they could certainly send him, with these picks, to NJ for Jason Kidd. Instant playoffs.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Atl will do something stupid like take yi at 3, conley wont be there at 11. They'll just miss the playoffs next year, pick will be around 11-12.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man cant say i'm not surprised this happend but i'm just so upset that it did :( when I saw Stern on the lottery preview show with that goofy smile on his face I knew we were screwed... I'm so lost for words right now just not sure what to think sucks being a suns fan right now

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score

WOW.
Not that much cap room. Right now they have 48.5 million invrested into next season's roster. You add the 3-4 million from the #3 pick the 2-3 million from the #11 and that pretty much wipes out their ability to sign any FA.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nah. The Mavericks, in a desperate attempt to add toughness, are going to sign Danny Fortson, who is going to hip check Steve Nash in the WCF. The entire Suns roster and the gorilla will be suspended despite wearing seatbells on the bench.

You are really killing me right now.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Joe Johnson had not been injured at the end of this year Atlanta might have made a push towards the playoffs. Barring major injuries the Phoenix Suns will be picking 15-20 next year for them.

Until Joe Johnson went down Atlanta was doing much better the second half of this season.

I'm going to go sulk in a corner.

Joe Mama

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I'm more upset of the fact that the Suns will have to deal with Durant and Oden being in the same division than I am about the Hawks getting the third pick truthfully.

I'm probably the only one who thinks that way.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score

Adding two very good young draft picks and a free agent they somehow can attract to Atl, they will be a much improved team. If they played in the WEST i'd be confident but seeing as they play in the WNBA, i mean the Eastern Conference, they have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. I agree with J Mama, we will pick in the mid teens.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Because the Hawks looked like they were putting things together before JJ got injured. There were moments that Josh Smith looked like he was becoming an All-Star. Add two bonified talents to that team and the Hawks have to be considered the 5th or 6th best team in the EC. This is not even assuming Marvin Harrison learns or thing or two about the game this summer.

JJ running the two-man game with Yi Jianlin? That could be a potent scoring combo right there.

Oolong

Reaction score
bitter

I am bitter to say the least. First, draft disaster and now I have to watch the Spurs playing on TV.