The Official "Good Luck Josh" thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a not-Josh fan, I feel it is important that I be one of the ones to lead off this sentiment.

I hope Josh does great on Sunday, plays well and runs the offense. I hope we win. He's a good guy, and has been very cool during the changes. All the best for him. I don't think he's the future, in any way shape or form, but he's got a few more games to change minds.

GOOD LUCK JOSH!

(and the fact that Navarre played the whole game after chipping the bone in his throwing hand really impresses me. Explains the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde difference in halves. Get well Navarre....you have promise....)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck Josh, get 'er done.

And all the Boo Birds can stay home, unless the boos are directed toward Alex Wood.

A-Bomb

Alex Wood? Alex would what? Run on 3rd and 7?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill be booing josh cause it makes about as much sense as booing King after his 1st pass. Ill boo as loudly as possible from PA. Hope its heard in PA.

On the other hand hope we win as well! Defense will bring it after the embaressment from the last 9er game. :thumbup:

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
abomb said:
Good luck Josh, get 'er done.

And all the Boo Birds can stay home, unless the boos are directed toward Alex Wood.

A-Bomb

Alex Wood? Alex would what? Run on 3rd and 7?
I don't see why Green isn't calling the plays. I remember in Atlanta when he was and McCown seemed to run the offense well. It was the fumbles that killed him, but he was 20-26 for 196. Green should be the play caller. Have Wood draw up the game plan and relay to Green what is going on in the game from the booth.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
I refuse to boo the folks on the field, no matter how frustrated I get (but I do scream at the TV!)

Good luck Josh! It will be interesting to see to what extent the team rallies around him...we'll get a better feel for what's going on in the locker room.

Last edited:

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Good luck Josh! I hope he plays well! His confindence has been questioned, but some how I just dont think the kid gets shaken like that. I hope he can help get us a win. Our D will be strong as always at home!

While I personally was really looking forward to seeing what Navarre has, being that the PO's are out now. Hopefully we will see a revitalized McCown! Hopefully Alex Wood got his azz beat on the plane ride home and starts calling plays to win the game!

Again.............GOOD LUCK JOSH! LIGHT IT UP!

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a Josh fan, in that there is no way at this point I feel he should be our starter going into next year. Still, I believe he gives us our best chance to win Sunday. I hope he makes the most of it. And I am making my personal appeal to Josh and all our Cardinals to avoid letting us become the "2" in a 2-14 season for the 49ers.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
DieHardCardFan said:
Good luck Josh! I hope he plays well! His confindence has been questioned, but some how I just dont think the kid gets shaken like that. I hope he can help get us a win. Our D will be strong as always at home!

While I personally was really looking forward to seeing what Navarre has, being that the PO's are out now. Hopefully we will see a revitalized McCown! Hopefully Alex Wood got his azz beat on the plane ride home and starts calling plays to win the game!

Again.............GOOD LUCK JOSH! LIGHT IT UP!

What I would do if I were him is relax knowing nothing matters and that the only shot I had was with another team so I'd throw the ball downfield and let Boldin and Fitz fight the DB's for the ball.

I would redefine letting it all hang out.

Josh throw the damn ball

It just dosen't matter

It just dosen't matter

chickenhead

Reaction score
I say good luck to him. This is his chance to play with fire, a la Brees.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Josh. May you starting winning again like before you were unnecessarily benched by Coach Green!!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
As a not-Josh fan, I feel it is important that I be one of the ones to lead off this sentiment.

I hope Josh does great on Sunday, plays well and runs the offense. I hope we win. He's a good guy, and has been very cool during the changes. All the best for him. I don't think he's the future, in any way shape or form, but he's got a few more games to change minds.

GOOD LUCK JOSH!

(and the fact that Navarre played the whole game after chipping the bone in his throwing hand really impresses me. Explains the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde difference in halves. Get well Navarre....you have promise....)

I am no Josh fan by any means but heaven knows I would like for him to have the game of his life and prove me wrong in my assessment of him. Who is starting at running back? Hope they come up with some offensive play calling that is successful and that they teach the team how to hustle to the line in the last five minutes and not walk around like zombies. Might also help to cut down on the penalities. These two things do not take brains just do it. Another QB will again have the OL not very well in sync on calling the signals. With all the changes DG has made at QB, in the line, and moving people out of position I guess it is no wonder we lead the league in penalities. Some of these guys may forget where they play sometimes. Does any team have a starting lineup they generally stick with. Sure would be nice. Anyway I am 100% hoping that Josh has a very good game.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Ill be booing josh cause it makes about as much sense as booing King after his 1st pass. Ill boo as loudly as possible from PA. Hope its heard in PA.

On the other hand hope we win as well! Defense will bring it after the embaressment from the last 9er game. :thumbup:

Booing King made as much sense as cheering Kent Graham when he got injured and Plummer came in. Booing King was low anyway you cut it. Sure does not help the team win games.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
RedViper said:
I'm not a Josh fan, in that there is no way at this point I feel he should be our starter going into next year. Still, I believe he gives us our best chance to win Sunday. I hope he makes the most of it. And I am making my personal appeal to Josh and all our Cardinals to avoid letting us become the "2" in a 2-14 season for the 49ers.

What we do not want is for Josh to play bad the rest of the year and on the last play of the last game throw the winning touchdown to knock us out of a top 3 draft and then give DG reason to say he is the QB of the future.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
john h said:
Booing King made as much sense as cheering Kent Graham when he got injured and Plummer came in. Booing King was low anyway you cut it. Sure does not help the team win games.

Dont get me wrong I am all for booing a bad player but during his second play from scrimmige is assinine. :shrug:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
john h said:
What we do not want is for Josh to play bad the rest of the year and on the last play of the last game throw the winning touchdown to knock us out of a top 3 draft and then give DG reason to say he is the QB of the future.

LOL Imagine that scenerio lol

MORAL VICTORY!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Good luck Josh. May you starting winning again like before you were unnecessarily benched by Coach Green!!

:rolleyes:

I hope you extend that towards the defense and the running game too. You know, the people who won those games for Josh?

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:

It's deja vu all over again.

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
:rolleyes:

I hope you extend that towards the defense and the running game too. You know, the people who won those games for Josh?
Yeah, especially the San Fran game... wait... we should've won that game. How many points were we ahead?

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cdex99 said:
Yeah, especially the San Fran game... wait... we should've won that game. How many points were we ahead?

How many times did we need a first down and kept putting the defense on the field while they were sieving out of control? Just one first down. One little pass...

That game was lost by everyone, mostly the defense. Josh didn't do a thing to make sure we stayed ahead though. He came out on fire, then limped off the field with the rest of the team.

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
How many times did we need a first down and kept putting the defense on the field while they were sieving out of control? Just one first down. One little pass...

That game was lost by everyone, mostly the defense. Josh didn't do a thing to make sure we stayed ahead though. He came out on fire, then limped off the field with the rest of the team.
And how many times did Rattay throw to the TE? I'm not saying the offense isn't to balme as well, but that should be a defenses dream. They knew San Fran was going to throw. They knew who his favorite target was. C'mon, it's the Niners not the Colts.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05