The OFFICIAL off-season Suns plan thread!!

sunsfn

Reaction score
Only one thing must be done: Get another coach.

Why don't you give it a rest!
I do not think I have seen a post of yours in days without knocking D'Antoni.

Just for your info., he is not going anywhere, so you might as well look for another solution.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I really think that Phoenix should trade Amare for KG.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The team I'd like to have next year:

Nash/Diener
Bell/Barbosa
Marion/Posey
Amare
Horford/Diaw

Freeing up cap space:
Kurt Thomas
trade 2 draft picks + Banks and/or Jones like how we got rid of Brian Grant

I'd love to draft Brewer though, but is there a good defensive big man we could get through free agency? I like Kurt, but I think it's time to let him go. I still think Diaw could be good, at least much better than what we'd get in return this year. Kurt has been great, but he's getting old and tires out easily. I'd like to see someone more younger and more athletic in his spot.

Last edited:

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score
'You know what, that's BS, Amaré.'
Saying that in the press is the next thing to saying that to Amare.

could this be the next to the last straw ?? Is anyone concerned about Stat's where-abouts on the last day of work ?? SpinMastaMikeyD covered it well with a shoulder shrug and a no big deal.... I'm not buying it. Something is cooking in the kitchen. Lest we forget mgts frustration with Stat in the beginning of the season.... and its been chemically spiralling down since then, with 'some guys ...' comments from Nash, directed right at Amare. Also, the cold shoulder of non support when Amare called out Bowen's cheapness. Amare is enormously proud...if he thinks he is not welcome, I could easily see him becoming antsy to try some greener pastures. Like it or not....its happened before.

sunsfn

Reaction score
'You know what, that's BS, Amaré.'
Saying that in the press is the next thing to saying that to Amare.

could this be the next to the last straw ?? Is anyone concerned about Stat's where-abouts on the last day of work ?? SpinMastaMikeyD covered it well with a shoulder shrug and a no big deal.... I'm not buying it. Something is cooking in the kitchen. Lest we forget mgts frustration with Stat in the beginning of the season.... and its been chemically spiralling down since then, with 'some guys ...' comments from Nash, directed right at Amare. Also, the cold shoulder of non support when Amare called out Bowen's cheapness. Amare is enormously proud...if he thinks he is not welcome, I could easily see him becoming antsy to try some greener pastures. Like it or not....its happened before.

I think there is something going on, how serious it is, that is the question. D'Antoni did say the team passion was not like it was last year. (something like that) Also, Amare really did not say something like, H... yes Nash should be MVP, he said do not forget Kobe! I was surprised about that.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think we should be prepared for the worst with Stoudemire. On the other hand, if he leaves, so does any hope of a Suns title in the next ten years. Those are the stakes.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I think we should be prepared for the worst with Stoudemire. On the other hand, if he leaves, so does any hope of a Suns title in the next ten years. Those are the stakes.

You're kidding? I think that you guys are seriously overrating Amare. He's an excellent scorer no doubt, but we don't need that in our system. What we need to put us over the hump is a guy who can grab boards and play great defense. Amare was getting absolutely abused by Duncan when the two went head to head. Garnett would give us a much better shot at winning the title, and we could maintain hope for the future with the lottery pick.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
the suns almost went to the finals without amare right?

what if the suns trade amare and diaw for KG and davis?
KG will be like diaw of 05-06..
the suns play small ball again..

and if the suns get the #4 pick, draft a big that can replace KT

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Who doesn't get abused by Duncan? Dont think it is just a Suns issue?

Much like Kurt Thomas (even better though) Garnett makes Duncan work alot more and can hold him to 24 and 10 on a pretty regular basis. Amare was playing some Burke type defense on TD throughout this series. Plus, Garnett would negate San Antonio's advantage on the boards as he's a much better rebounder than both Amare and Duncan.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You're kidding? I think that you guys are seriously overrating Amare. He's an excellent scorer no doubt, but we don't need that in our system.

The Suns do need a reliable low-post threat, yes. Why do you think the team couldn't score in Game 5?

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
The Suns do need a reliable low-post threat, yes. Why do you think the team couldn't score in Game 5?

Sorry, I should've rephrased. What I meant is that what does Amare bring to the table that KG doesn't? And we were fine in game five until we got too tired.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This ain't your father's Clippers, pal. It's your uncle's. They're going to pay the player, but don't expect an extra pair of socks if you lose them.

Seriously, the Clippers trading Elton Brand -- to a Pacific Division rival nonetheless -- is about as likely as the Libertarian Party becoming important to the American political process.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sorry, I should've rephrased. What I meant is that what does Amare bring to the table that KG doesn't?

Garnett isn't really a low-post player. He would be the perfect complementary big man to a true inside force, but he isn't one himself.

And we were fine in game five until we got too tired.

Not really. The Spurs played terribly in the first quarter, but steadily gained on the Suns the entire rest of the game. So unless you mean that the Suns were already too tired in the first half, they weren't holding their own even at full energy.

cly2tw

Reaction score

That's exactly why I said I'd side with Amare in this dispute.

People should try to understand the motivation of Amare's behind this. And I don't see an immature spoiled irresponsible guy in there, which many want to make him be. The proofs are how hard he played in the playoffs. Make him and Nash sit together and have Nash and coach commit to work on giving him a chance to develop his desired skill of being a point center. Get rid of the distractors if they don't abide by this new coorporate line, we'll have a contending franchise for the next 10 years. The alternative of shipping Amare would be 1-2 more years of riding on the Nash led trackmeet offense and hope other teams take the Spurs and Pistons of the league out before we meet them in the playoffs. This could happen just very unlikely.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Why don't you give it a rest!
I do not think I have seen a post of yours in days without knocking D'Antoni.

Just for your info., he is not going anywhere, so you might as well look for another solution.

Committing to Amare as the true co-center-piece of our offense would make DA "another" coach. It's not like he always had a player like Nash to work with in his whole coaching career.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
That's exactly why I said I'd side with Amare in this dispute.

People should try to understand the motivation of Amare's behind this. And I don't see an immature spoiled irresponsible guy in there, which many want to make him be. The proofs are how hard he played in the playoffs. Make him and Nash sit together and have Nash and coach commit to work on giving him a chance to develop his desired skill of being a point center. Get rid of the distractors if they don't abide by this new coorporate line, we'll have a contending franchise for the next 10 years. The alternative of shipping Amare would be 1-2 more years of riding on the Nash led trackmeet offense and hope other teams take the Spurs and Pistons of the league out before we meet them in the playoffs. This could happen just very unlikely.

i agree with you..

btw,
who could be the distractors in your opinion?

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
Shark:

Anotehr note, Rashard Lewis is a UFA. Why not try to find a s&t for him packaged with Collison or Petro?

He's not an UFA...he has a player option for $10,129,870 this year and $10,909,091 next year if he exercises it...and he will since only one team has enough room under the cap to offer him more (Charlotte)...the most any other team can offer him is the MLE.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​

cly2tw

Reaction score
i agree with you..

btw,
who could be the distractors in your opinion?

I'd say Bell and Marion, maybe to a lesser extent LB. But LB is so kind a personality, it might just have been the 'bad' influence from Bell. Diaw should be neutral here even though his game was believed to have suffered with Amare back, since I think the solution is to reduce Nash's ball handling anyway.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok..
sorry

No big deal really. I should have said please. I was just in the middle of seeing how many trolls can jump up in the six hours since I last checked the board.

I didn't mean to be abrupt. Here is how I meant to say it:

Dodie, I am trying to keep all straight trade ideas in one thread. Obviously this thread encompasses a whole "Your way to fix the team". If you have a complicated off-season plan...this is the place for it. If you just have a single trade idea, please use the other thread for it.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05