The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
'Nuff said. :thumbup:

Hey. I'm ready to take over any time....

George is good as the driving force, the creative leader and the producer. He shouldn't be the writer or director.

But I'm going to have some of his Skywalker Ranch wine in May to celebrate the last movie!

Djaughe

Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
....But I'm going to have some of his Skywalker Ranch wine in May to celebrate the last movie!

I'm having the keystone version of cheap beer...:yoda:

You must be registered for see images

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
If you get in that line you might raise money for charity and get to chat with other SW fans, but you likely won't be seeing Ep III.

Chinese not showing Sith

:lmao:

:jedi:

BIM

WHAT?! Okay - I have to say this and ban me if you want - but not playing the last Star Wars movie at the Mann's Chinese Theater is F - U - C - K - I -N - G BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am furious - and the f-word is the ONLY word apropo in this situation - just freaking ridiculous - man am I pissed - it better be playing an the Fox Theater in Westwood then - there's no other screen as good as those two and the Chinese Theater is THE movie going experience - am I actually beside myself - it's tradition to see Star Wars there - damnit!

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
WHAT?! Okay - I have to say this and ban me if you want - but not playing the last Star Wars movie at the Mann's Chinese Theater is F - U - C - K - I -N - G BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am furious - and the f-word is the ONLY word apropo in this situation - just freaking ridiculous - man am I pissed - it better be playing an the Fox Theater in Westwood then - there's no other screen as good as those two and the Chinese Theater is THE movie going experience - am I actually beside myself - it's tradition to see Star Wars there - damnit!

Not showing at the Chinese Theater (isn't it Gruden's now) IS blasphemous. Probably things will pan out in the end. One call from George ought to do it.

It's just too bad the Cine Capri, the real Cine Capri, isn't still around. Talk about SW memories...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the Dome, but they have done premieres there before (i.e. Gladiator). I do like the Chinese better, however.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
It's just too bad the Cine Capri, the real Cine Capri, isn't still around. Talk about SW memories...

Totally agree.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:

the new one isn't bad - it's not the same, but it's not bad. i do remember watching the re-released star wars movies at the original one though - man what a great movie going experience.

shawn

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the special editions there, and I remember the Big Brother/Big Sister charity thing they did one week where they showed the OT back to back to back all week. Took some time off ASU to sit in there all day. Very, very cool.

My tenth birthday was spent in line at the Cine Capri in line for Empire. I remember how hot is was, and I remember the hot dog and drink vendors making lots of money. I remember there were two lines! One for tickets and one to be the line to get in, and I remember my father standing in one line while we were in the other. It was very cool, but it was my birthday party. I invited a few friends and we went to that pink place in Scottsdale with the horse outside for ice cream after.

What a screen! What sound! I remember covering my ears as the probots left the SD and screamed over my head. I remember feeling motion sick as the snowspeeder careened through valleys and over mountain tops.

What a great place. All the big movies we watched there. Right as they were closing for the last time I went back and bought one of the marquee letters.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:

Agreed....I was so sad the day it was gone forever....the new one isn't the same at all.

Mike

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, yes....mom taking me out of first grade to see Star Wars at Cine Capri. Good times.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Lucas on Star Wars: Episode III
Source: Premiere
April 12, 2005

"A lot of my life has been wrapped up in this one thing. I can walk away from this now 'cause I feel it's the best I could do ... this is the film that people want to see," says Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith director George Lucas of his blockbuster film, which is expected to be the highest-grossing and most anticipated film of the summer season.

Premiere's May issue, on sale nationwide today, takes an in-depth look into the end of the Star Wars story, which concludes a saga that began nearly 30 years ago. Talks with the entire cast including cover boy Hayden Christensen about the challenges he's faced since taking the role of everyone's favorite villain are featured in this blowout issue.

"It's clear that not only sentiment about this being the last Star Wars movie is at work here -- how Anakin becomes Darth is primal stuff, and Episode III looks like the real deal," comments Premiere Editor-in-Chief Peter Herbst.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spielberg's Sith
Source: Starwars.com

In an interview on Starwars.com with J. W. Rinzler, author of The Making of Revenge of the Sith, he revealed an interesting bit of trivia for Star Wars fans:

Steven Spielberg was involved in some of the animatic sequences in the film. Can you tell us about that?

As George explains in the book, he gave Spielberg a few scenes to play with at the animatics stage: a bit of the Mustafar duel, and Yoda's duel with the Emperor, along with a couple of others. How much of Spielberg's contribution made it to the final film, only Lucas or Spielberg could say, particularly as George revised and reinvented every scene in the film so extensively in editorial.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, what an interesting plot twist.... I guess Snoop Dogg is now a jedi...

You must be registered for see images attach

:D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars: Episode III is Complete
Source: ComingSoon.net
April 22, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith producer Rick McCallum announced at the "Star Wars Celebration III" convention in Indianapolis, IN, that the third and final prequel was finished on Wednesday. McCallum mentioned that the film was streamed that day for Steven Spielberg with George Lucas and McCallum present.

"Episode III," opening May 19th, picks up after three long years of relentless fighting when the Clone Wars are nearly at an end. The Jedi Council dispatches Obi-Wan Kenobi to bring General Grievous, the deadly leader of the Separatist droid army, to justice. Meanwhile, back on Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine has grown in power. His sweeping political changes transform the war-weary Republic into the mighty Galactic Empire. To his closest ally, Anakin Skywalker, he reveals the true nature of power and the promised secrets of the Force in an attempt to lure him to the dark side.

-----------------------------------

:cool:

This might mean that the scenes Spielberg worked on for Lucas were not edited too much. One can hope.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Smith, film director and a BIG SW geek, has already seen the movie and posted a review on his site. It's very spoilery, so I won't post the review here, but here's the link:

http://www.viewaskew.com/news/sith/

Anyway, he's mega-stoked and I think that bodes well. The guy's even signed on to direct at least one story arc (I read to be 3 eps) of the impending SW series.

It's a great review, and if you don't mind the serious spoilers go check it out!

It's almost time. I'm getting pumped.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Think about what you wrote...

Kevin Smith is directly involved in the Star Wars tv show, so people might want to take that into consideration when reading a glowing review of the movie by him.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Think about what you wrote...

Kevin Smith is directly involved in the Star Wars tv show, so people might want to take that into consideration when reading a glowing review of the movie by him.

I'm sorry. Did that need to be said??

I mean, if a slew of caveats will make you feel better, I'll remember for next time.

Besides, it also coincides with just about everything everyone else has said, from Steven Spielberg on down.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
I'm sorry. Did that need to be said??

I mean, if a slew of caveats will make you feel better, I'll remember for next time.

Besides, it also coincides with just about everything everyone else has said, from Steven Spielberg on down.

Sheesh, take a pill already! :confused:

I just meant he might be a little biased in his review, that's all!

Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Sheesh, take a pill already!

I just meant he might be a little biased in his review, that's all!

Then say that!! You don't have to say 'Think about what you wrote.'

As if I didn't. As if others couldn't suppose the possibility.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didn't Kevin Smith parise DAREDEVIL - that awful piece of crap with Ben Affleck also?

Take his word with a bag of salt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
Yeah. Apparently, I'm supposed to supply it.

make sure mine is iodizied then - and maybe sprinkle some pepper in there.

Don't take it so personally Wayward - this ain't the politics board! I don't think Chap meant anything by it - it's a figure of speech.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Don't take it so personally Wayward - this ain't the politics board! I don't think Chap meant anything by it - it's a figure of speech.

Exactly!