The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
However, if you play your cards right, you can jedi mind trick them in to making you into a younger looking darksider on the DVD version.

:biglaugh:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this is going to be a good movie. After seeing 2 trailers...1 of which was in the theatre, it looks great.

One thing why it's going to be so great is that it will directly link to the fourth one.

We see how luke and leia happened, and why you only see obi wan and yoda, and how darth vader happens, how the republic crumbles, how the rebellion is formed, maybe find out who makes those x-wings (because you see them in the trailer), what happens to padme, what's up with the wookies, etc, etc.

Episode 1 was so different and had a little kid as darth vader, who in turn had little kid friends, it kind of just turned older people off. I was only 21 when this movie came out and kept and open mind, but I can see why many maybe didn't.

Episode 2 was better, I actually thought it was good, not great, but good. I watched it many times on HBO and stuff, it had good replay value.

This Episode 3 looks like it's going to be GREAT. It just seems like it's going to be a manic movie from start to finish with the only slow downs telling the ongoing saga of anakin/padme and thus the titanic comparisons.

I had thought to lower my expectations, but still expect an enjoyable movie....after those trailer, I've risen them quite a bit and now expect it to be one of the best star wars movies. I've heard people complain about the acting, and I can see why, but through the trailers it looks like whiny anakin in episode 2 turns into an evil anakin/darth vader in episode 3. In other words I think at least in certain situations, he'll do a good job of making anakin look EVIL. Who knows about padme, but then again portman was pretty good in the movie closer :) :D :thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

M&M's characters go to the 'dark side'
Candy maker unveils chocolate sweets for new 'Star Wars' movie

MSNBC News Services
March 29, 2005

M&M's have gone to the "dark side." For the first time in the company's 64-year history, M&M's Brand Candies is introducing a dark chocolate version of its famous candy — and just in time for the release of "Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith," the sixth and final episode of the Star Wars saga.

One X-wing Fighter spacecraft, two droids, a host of storm troopers and Darth Vader with his M&M's counterpart "M-Vader," gathered in New York's Times Square Tuesday to unveil the dark chocolate M&M's.

Both the new dark and old milk chocolate M&M's feature special "Star Wars"-themed colors and packaging depicting the M&M's "spokescandies" in various movie scenarios.

According to Masterfoods USA, the makers of M&M's, dark chocolate is rapidly increasing in popularity with a 31 percent growth rate each year.

"We continue to look for innovative approaches to launch products and know that dark chocolate is in great demand from our consumers," said Martyn Wilks, vice president and general manager of Snackfoods at Masterfoods USA.

'Darth mix' colors

As for the M&M's themselves, the special edition "Darth Mix" features the following new colors: black, maroon, purple, dark blue and silver. The classic milk chocolate flavor is found in the "Jedi Mix" with its new colors: beige, cream, pastel green, gold and "light-saber blue" M&M's.

As if the candies are not enough, consumers can collect 72 Star Wars/M&M's-themed packages in plain and peanut varieties that feature exclusive under-the-wrapper Star Wars and M&M's trivia.

Dark chocolate M&M's will be on shelves and in select theaters nationwide April 2 and available for a limited time — so as not to "Force" them on you.

:jedi:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
M&M's characters go to the 'dark side'
.... The classic milk chocolate flavor is found in the "Jedi Mix" with its new colors: beige, cream, pastel green, gold and "light-saber blue" M&M's.

As if the candies are not enough, consumers can collect 72 Star Wars/M&M's-themed packages in plain and peanut varieties that feature exclusive under-the-wrapper Star Wars and M&M's trivia....

I love it! Darth Mix M&Ms...I hope they have cool commericials!

You must be registered for see images

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
gheesus there's a lot of footage leaked out there. I just checked out a couple spoiler sites and couldn't believe some of the stuff I saw. I thought Lucas kept things under wraps more than that?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
vince56 said:
gheesus there's a lot of footage leaked out there. I just checked out a couple spoiler sites and couldn't believe some of the stuff I saw. I thought Lucas kept things under wraps more than that?

Do you mean trailers....or do you mean messageboards.

I don't really want to know more than the trailers and what I have thought might be in it because of being a fan from the others and what I think it will take to bridge the gap to episode 4 "A new hope" (the first one 1977)

So in otherwords do you mean messageboards/fan sites or trailers?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
vince56 said:
message boards. www.theforce.net & www.nightly.net

lots of spoilers out there. I found one particularly gruesome one... I can't believe this movie is only PG-13, I'll just leave it at that. Very very gruesome pic.

I guess...Cool!!!

From What I've read and heard, NO star wars film has had above a PG rating...so a PG-13 might be on par with having some great action scenes.

This IS supposed to be where Annakin turns to the dark side so, they might as well have him TRULY go off...hitler/stalin/pol pot/columbine shooting style. I mean he IS Darth Vader.

Look at ep2 where he slain the sandpeople....Maybe they'll show us that stuff in this one.

I don't want any more spoilers, but thanx for the info and link, I'm sure someone else will love 'em :thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dark chocolate M&M's will be on shelves and in select theaters nationwide April 2 and available for a limited time — so as not to "Force" them on you.

Already available !!

BIM just bought some (Darth Mix) at the Target located at Az Ave and Warner. :thumbup:

BIM

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Already available !!

BIM just bought some (Darth Mix) at the Target located at Az Ave and Warner. :thumbup:

BIM

Did you bring enough for everyone? :yoda:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone been watching the animated Clone Wars?

I saw like the first ten of volume 1 and all of last week's volume 2.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Mulli thanks BIM for the news. Mulli wants a Boba Fett M&M.

:banned:

Rule 11 on the ASFN hidden agenda list is you can't talk in the 3rd person. Sorry take a 30 second break

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
:banned:

Rule 11 on the ASFN hidden agenda list is you can't talk in the 3rd person. Sorry take a 30 second break

Okay your back, let that be a lesson to you

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:

I saw one the other day. Is it basically showing what's going to happen in the movie in animated version. I was like wtf, they are showing the whole movie already.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:

Only bits and pieces of the first volume not even a whole 15 min show.

Isn't it supposed to take place between Ep2 and Ep3?

Are they available on DVD or anything?