The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Only bits and pieces of the first volume not even a whole 15 min show.

Isn't it supposed to take place between Ep2 and Ep3?

Are they available on DVD or anything?

I'm sure you can find them online someplace. Maybe a p2p.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay - I've been really skeptical of this movie, but I just had to share this. So today - in the pilot I'm working on, there this Star Wars wedding going on and a guy in a Darth Vader suit enters the room and all goes silent. Now - I have kind of been irked by Hayden Being in the suit and thinking he's gonna look like Vader on Atkins, but the Vader in the room here is just flat out intimidating as hell and I can't stop whistling the empire theme. Now here's why I posted this - I know who's in that suit - I know it's a 5'4 scrawny Asian guy - but it doesn't matter - that suit is just one of the greatest things ever created and it really doesn['t matter who's in it.

Yes - seeing Darth Vader live in person, with the Vader voicebox we have on set is just kick ass and getting me all juiced up for a move that will probably be terrible - but just wanted to share.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first volume of the Clone Wars is out on DVD, so you can buy it or maybe even rent it?

The second volume just aired on Cartoon Network last week so who knows about that.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Yes - seeing Darth Vader live in person, with the Vader voicebox we have on set is just kick ass and getting me all juiced up for a move that will probably be terrible - but just wanted to share.

Excellent!

Knowing that Hayden spent 2 hours a day working out to bulk up and 4 hours a day for months on the fight choreography (for what will be the longest and no doubt BEST swordfight in cinematic history), I think he won't let us down.

I've seen some of the moves on tv snippets here and there, against bluescreen and the moves are tremendous. I can't wait.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
The first volume of the Clone Wars is out on DVD, so you can buy it or maybe even rent it?

The second volume just aired on Cartoon Network last week so who knows about that.

Thanks man,

I ordered Volume 1 from Netflix.
I have been wanting to check it out but never looked it up to record it.

Best Buy has it for 14.99 but neither rental place next to me carried it.
So long BBV hello netflix. I think I will save a fortune, I always forget to return movies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIM got some Star Wars M&M's (Jedi Mix) as one of his anniversary gifts from Mrs. BIM ... :jedi:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Thanks man,

I ordered Volume 1 from Netflix.
I have been wanting to check it out but never looked it up to record it.

Best Buy has it for 14.99 but neither rental place next to me carried it.
So long BBV hello netflix. I think I will save a fortune, I always forget to return movies.

I know there's some TV stuff in the works, but if they kept the telling of SW to animation like this I can live with that. Awesome action and good quirks.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's going to be in line at midnight tonight for all the new toys??

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
Who's going to be in line at midnight tonight for all the new toys??

There are many Wal-Marts that close earlier than midnight. They're actually going to have huge tents in their parking lots dedicated to the Star Wars stuff... :cool:

We'll probably be at our Wal-Mart tonight at 12 and our Target at 8 in the morning, :thumbup:

:jedi:

BIM

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 12 Darth Taters and they went quick. We didn't get one, so we're hoping to hit a Target or even a KB Toy in the am to find one.

Got an Anakin Skywalker figure that comes with two lightsabers (one blue, one red) and has Vader's helmet, tunic, armor, gloves, etc. so you can fully transform Anakin to Vader. :thumbup:

Got the wife a Yoda that comes with a firing cannon. :cool:

Would have bought a ton more, but... :daveramsey: ... :jedi:

Can't wait to save up and buy some of the lego sets we saw there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hayden christensen shouldn't speak in these movies - and Amidala's line: You're breaking my heart" was awful - not to nitpick.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Hayden.

Natalie Portman has been the weakest link in this whole prequel series. I've loved the work of Ewan McGregor, Liam Neesen, and Ian MacDarmid in these movies (I probably misspelled all 3), but man Portman has been absolute crap. I know she can act better than this.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
massive spoilers....

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3638

Without going into detail (with respect to the non-spoiler crowd) I cannot believe how graphic 2 of the pictures are. :eek:

I'm suprised this movie didn't get an R rating. To everyone who said the prequels were soft, they've just been shut-up.

If the initial pics don't show up, scroll down, some others reposted them.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Darth Taters at Target. I've got to go reread the Darth Tater info. Was it a Wal-Mart exclusive or something? :shrug:

I have a long story regarding the scum of the earth you meet at these toy releases, but I'll keep that for another time. Let's just say I'm not buying any figures from eBay on the off chance they're being sold by the same scum. :bang:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
vince56 said:
I like Hayden.

Natalie Portman has been the weakest link in this whole prequel series. I've loved the work of Ewan McGregor, Liam Neesen, and Ian MacDarmid in these movies (I probably misspelled all 3), but man Portman has been absolute crap. I know she can act better than this.

Just read BIM's sig line...that's ALL you need to know about how crappy Hayden's been.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Just read BIM's sig line...that's ALL you need to know about how crappy Hayden's been.

It's such a great sig line - I may never change it. :D

FWIW: I have seen Hayden act in other roles and thought he did really well.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I got the Clone Wars DVD already.

Volume 1 was pretty good. They sure made Palpatine look creepy already.

Padme and her "snow bunny Barbie" outfit was pretty funny.

I like Kit Fisto, he is pretty cool.

:jedi:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get out last night. I wanted to get out today, but I had the girls and the rain was just too ridiculous all day. Maybe tomorrow. I guess I've missed all the good stuff.

I've been debating on whether or not to get and read the novel for the movie. Unfortunately, I am pretty spoiled to begin with so I don't know how bad it would be to walk in totally informed.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Hayden's a good actor. I think he'll do a great job in RotS and I think he did a decent job in AotC. The problem isn't him or his acting. The problem is George's really awful dialogue writing.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I saw one the other day. Is it basically showing what's going to happen in the movie in animated version. I was like wtf, they are showing the whole movie already.

They explained on the DVD that Volume 2 of the Clone Wars animated leads right into the start of Ep. 3.

If you want to know what is happening right before the movie comes in then watch the Clone Wars.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
They explained on the DVD that Volume 2 of the Clone Wars animated leads right into the start of Ep. 3.

If you want to know what is happening right before the movie comes in then watch the Clone Wars.

Yup. I watched volume two last week and it pretty much does that.