The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

Djaughe

Reaction score
lol...the cape looks like jabba the hut wearing a vader mask...

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars: Episode III Teaser Trailer Hits
Source: 20th Century Fox
November 4, 2004

Lucasfilm has revealed the teaser trailer for George Lucas' highly-anticipated Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith to subscribers of Hyperspace and AOL.

The clip will also air on Access Hollywood today and play in theaters before The Incredibles tomorrow before coming online to everyone on Monday.

"Revenge of the Sith" features the ultimate Jedi action, and finally answers all the saga's burning questions: Why did Anakin turn to the Dark Side? Why did Anakin and Obi Wan become bitter enemies? Why didn't Anakin know about his twin children, Luke and Leia? "Revenge of the Sith" will be released in theaters worldwide on May 19, 2005.

:jedi:

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Just wait Brian, you'll flip when it's revealed that Jar Jar is the one who impregated Shmi Skywalker.

"It'sa Messa! Messa yo daddie-o, Anny!!"

That would so rule. I would so walk out of the theater at that point and burn my DVDs of Ep I and II. :thumbup:
roflcopter

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate George Lucas - I hated Menace and I thought Clones was pretty subpar, yet I am counting down the hours and setting my alarm to make sure I watch Access Hollywood tonight - ugh - that son of a bitch - Episode Three better have been worth the freaking wait!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Just saw the trailer, looks like this one has potential (whether or not Lucas lets it live up to it is still up in the air)...

Smart move by Lucas to have footage from "A New Hope" in the trailer

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
totally underwhelmed by the trailer. Good - low expectations are just what this movie is gonna need to be bearable I think.

It'll be darker - but I still have zero faith.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else out there wish Lucas had either let someone else do the prequels or not done them at all, based on the first two...?

Personally, as much as I like Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Darth Maul and Obi-Wan from the prequels, I could easily go back to the days when the Star Wars universe was 4-6 before Lucas' Special Editions and latest ridiculous modifications.

:bang:

Gimme back the Star Wars of my youth !! :|

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Does anybody else out there wish Lucas had either let someone else do the prequels or not done them at all, based on the first two...?

Personally, as much as I like Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Darth Maul and Obi-Wan from the prequels, I could easily go back to the days when the Star Wars universe was 4-6 before Lucas' Special Editions and latest ridiculous modifications.

:bang:

Gimme back the Star Wars of my youth !! :|

I'm with you BIM for the most part. I don't even find Mace Windu all that cool or really even Darth Maul - you gotta have some kidn of character for me to be interested - not just some bad ass looking face paint and kick ass martial arts moves. And for me - Mace Windu isn't cool simply because he's Sam Jackson - I don't see a Jedi - I see Sam Jackson standing around desperatley waiting to scream at someone like he always does in his movies.

This next movie is going to suck because the bottom line for me is that I didn't like any of the characters in the first two movies - why all of a sudden am I gonna start caring about them now? Just because they are people TALKED about in the originals? Sorry - you need them to be able to stand on their own and personally, while I liked seeing the old Star Wars stuff to start the trailer, I think it just speaks volumes that Lucas still has to yank from those mvoies to pump this piece of turd up.

Evene Vader rising looked kinda wrong to me - don't know what it was - got some shivers, but there should have been MUCH MORE seeing the greatest Bad Ass of all time again - maybe it really is because that whiny bitch is supposed to be the guy inside - dunno.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Even Vader rising looked kinda wrong to me - don't know what it was - got some shivers, but there should have been MUCH MORE seeing the greatest Bad Ass of all time again

i thought the same thing when i saw the trailer...it was almost like that character didn't belong in the movie and vader just somehow stumbled into that current mess.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'm with you BIM for the most part. I don't even find Mace Windu all that cool or really even Darth Maul - you gotta have some kidn of character for me to be interested - not just some bad ass looking face paint and kick ass martial arts moves. And for me - Mace Windu isn't cool simply because he's Sam Jackson - I don't see a Jedi - I see Sam Jackson standing around desperatley waiting to scream at someone like he always does in his movies.

This next movie is going to suck because the bottom line for me is that I didn't like any of the characters in the first two movies - why all of a sudden am I gonna start caring about them now? Just because they are people TALKED about in the originals? Sorry - you need them to be able to stand on their own and personally, while I liked seeing the old Star Wars stuff to start the trailer, I think it just speaks volumes that Lucas still has to yank from those mvoies to pump this piece of turd up.

Evene Vader rising looked kinda wrong to me - don't know what it was - got some shivers, but there should have been MUCH MORE seeing the greatest Bad Ass of all time again - maybe it really is because that whiny bitch is supposed to be the guy inside - dunno.

I agree the characters have no personality anymore which I think is the most important part of a movie...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I agree the characters have no personality anymore which I think is the most important part of a movie...

SunCard - we agree on something! Hurrah!

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've agreed with most things you've said...especially when it comes to the Cardinals. Just look back at most posts where I've responded to you... I still don't understand why you ripped into me so much about Cali... AndiKrist was ripping on most of the rest of the country as being backwards in their policies like funding stemcell research and I mentioned that many of the ways things are run in California are not the best..don't know how I was out of line there.... and I was staying to that topic which seemed obvious to other posters by saying if every state ran things like California we would be in big trouble..our debt load would be huge...but I digress...

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I've agreed with most things you've said...especially when it comes to the Cardinals. Just look back at most posts where I've responded to you... I still don't understand why you ripped into me so much about Cali... AndiKrist was ripping on most of the rest of the country as being backwards in their policies like funding stemcell research and I mentioned that many of the ways things are run in California are not the best..don't know how I was out of line there.... and I was staying to that topic which seemed obvious to other posters by saying if every state ran things like California we would be in big trouble..our debt load would be huge...but I digress...

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

:jedi:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:

POST ELECTION HANGOVER - I've been lashing out at all kinds of people - hope you didn't take it too personally.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:

:offtopic:

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
the trailer looks pretty sweet. I have hope that this episode will rawk !!!

Djaughe

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
....Evene Vader rising looked kinda wrong to me - don't know what it was - got some shivers, but there should have been MUCH MORE seeing the greatest Bad Ass of all time again - maybe it really is because that whiny bitch is supposed to be the guy inside - dunno.
lol...yeah it did look like some rip off scene from the old frankenstein movie where the mad scientist was screaming to rise...

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
vince56 said:
yeah, pretty much.

All the jedi have to die. That means the kiddie jedis too. Only Ben, Yoda, and Luke are left, and Anakin is so badly hurt he has to don the Vader suit.

I don't think any of that is really "spoiler" material, otherwise I would've whited it out.

The new star wars bad guy looks awesome too. I had him as my avatar here for a few months.

Check out nightly.net or theforce.net for spoiler stuff.

Wait wasnt the emporer a jedi? Why would they let vader live if he was the only jedi they knew was alive? :confused:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05