The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Dear BIM,

About now is a good time for a Natalie Portman pic in episode 2 in that ********** like outfit
Nothing more to say.....

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
You're so lazy! :D

Is this what you are talking about?

You must be registered for see images

:yummy:

Im not lazy. Im allergic to sweating. :D

Now we need a close up. Image is too far away for self gratification :p

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I kind of liked the white outfit she wore in the second one where you could tell it was kind of chilly :)

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I kind of liked the white outfit she wore in the second one where you could tell it was kind of chilly :)

Dude, wasn't she like, 16 years old? :confused:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portman was 18 when she filmed Episode II - she's 23 now.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
phew that scared me for a sec :)

Only be scared if you thought she was hot in "The Professional." She was like 2 months old during that one.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:

:thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now is 'Revenge' time for 'Star Wars' fans

Thu Dec 9, 6:19 AM ET
By César G. Soriano, USA TODAY

Star Wars fans are sensing a presence they haven't felt in a long time: a new Star Wars movie.

Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith doesn't open until May 19, but fans and Web sites already are gearing up for the final film in George Lucas' space saga.

"Everyone is getting really, really excited," says Jewels Green, 33, a Philadelphia stay-at-home mom who plans to be one of the first in line, three weeks before opening night.

Lucasfilm has created the stir by slowly releasing details, such as the Sith "teaser trailer" that premiered last month with The Incredibles.

"Ever since the trailer came out, the fans have really been revving themselves up," Lucasfilm fan relations chief Steve Sansweet said by phone from Spain, where he was talking up fans at the Sitges Film Festival.

The dark plot of Sith follows Anakin Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader.

Although the first two Star Wars prequels grossed $431 million and $311 million respectively, many fans felt they didn't live up to expectations.

Lucasfilm is launching a force of publicity behind Sith:

• Hasbro rereleased a line of classic Star Wars toys and action figures to coincide with the fall release of the original trilogy DVD box set.

The Millennium Falcon and the Darth Vader Voice Changer mask have been hot holiday sellers. The hard-to-find mask retails for $35 but is selling on eBay for $150. In February, Hasbro will introduce a preview line of Episode III action figures.

• This month, the official StarWars.com began offering new Sith stuff, including mugs, hats, T-shirts and even a Christmas ornament with Yoda dressed in a Santa suit.

• A new season of Cartoon Network's Emmy-winning animated series Star Wars, Clone Wars will premiere March 21. The series bridges the gap between Episode II and III.

• The Sith theatrical trailer and poster will be released in March.

• About 30,000 fans are expected to turn out for Star Wars Celebration III, a fan convention April 21-24 in Indianapolis. Four-day admission is $40-$95.

Continuing a long tradition, Star Wars fans in L.A. (LiningUp.net) will begin camping out in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre the week of April 4, six weeks before the opening. In New York, 350 members of NYLine.org will hold their sidewalk party outside the Ziegfeld Theater beginning April 30.

"The event aspect surrounding Star Wars has always been there, but even more so this time with the final chapter of the saga," says Green, a member of NYLine.org.

"It may be the last Star Wars film that George makes, but it's not the end of Star Wars," Sansweet says. Lucasfilm is eyeing future possibilities including games, comics and television, he says.

"As long as fans want it, Star Wars will be there for them."

:jedi:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
"As long as fans want it, Star Wars will be there for them."

except not in the format that the fans want...

george lucas - you sir are :banned:

shawn

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
...."It may be the last Star Wars film that George makes, but it's not the end of Star Wars," Sansweet says. Lucasfilm is eyeing future possibilities including games, comics and television, he says.
Move over clay theres some competition riding into town....

Attachments

• life_day_4.jpg
    life_day_4.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 208

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
except not in the format that the fans want...

george lucas - you sir are :banned:

shawn

eh... to each his own, I like the different formats. I think the video games they've put out lately, for the most part, have been excellent. The Jedi Knight series of games and the Knights of the Old Republic games sometimes are deeper in character development and plot than the movies! Especially KOTOR. I so want to buy KOTOR 2, but I'm waiting until February to buy it for the PC. Looks awesome, though.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Well, I breezed through the pages upon pages on this, and all I can say is that I'm absolutely STOKED about Episode III...that trailer kicks ass!

I've got three words for ya...

Wookies, wookies, wookies!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
vince56 said:
eh... to each his own, I like the different formats. I think the video games they've put out lately, for the most part, have been excellent. The Jedi Knight series of games and the Knights of the Old Republic games sometimes are deeper in character development and plot than the movies! Especially KOTOR. I so want to buy KOTOR 2, but I'm waiting until February to buy it for the PC. Looks awesome, though.

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean "formats", like games and tv, but instead he meant how the original movies will probably never be available to be seen without all the advanced effects he added.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken said:
Well, I breezed through the pages upon pages on this, and all I can say is that I'm absolutely STOKED about Episode III...that trailer kicks ass!

I've got three words for ya...

Wookies, wookies, wookies!

Seeing your brethren on screen?

Where the heck did you come from? :wave:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode III

REVENGE OF THE SITH

War! The Republic is crumbling
under attacks by the ruthless
Sith Lord, Count Dooku.
There are heroes on both sides.
Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the
fiendish droid leader, General
Grievous, has swept into the
Republic capital and kidnapped
Chancellor Palpatine, leader of
the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army
attempts to flee the besieged
capital with their valuable
hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a
desperate mission to rescue the
captive Chancellor....

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have read the Labrynth of Evil book but it leads directly in to the opening scroll. It ends with General Grievous addressing Courscant about kindapping Palpatine and Obi Wan and Anakin setting off in Hyperspace to return to attempt to rescue him(Grievous isn't aware that the Sith he is taking orders from is actually Palpatine--in fact Palpatine uses his "jedi mind trick" on Grievous).

Its not a bad read at all...I can hardly wait for the movie.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've been holding off, but I finally caved and saw the 'new' trilogy the other day. At the end, when Luke sees the forms of Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin, I friggin' FLIPPED OUT!!!!!! LUCAS FRIGGIN' PUT HAYDEN F-ING CHRISTIANSON'S SPIRIT IN!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucas must dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a Sneak Preview General Grievous action figure in my hands.

Months ago I'd have bought it without thinking. Right now we're working on total freedom from debt so it'll have to wait.

:cool:

Thanks for bringing up that book, Zeno. I'll have to check it out. :thumbup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05