In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What the hell happened to the Dutch, too? Might miss the World Cup

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
They got outclassed by France. Hell France might win the World Cup again if they can manage all of the egos.

Tonight's game major disappointment. Somewhere JK is vindicated a little. They have a short time to figure it out and must get 3 Pts on the road now. Or our second manager will be sacked. for me what Dempsey did at the end was classless and should of been sent off. I don't know about the final third. From the point I watched in the match the midfield looked ok in the build up but the attacking players looked out of sorts. Of course by that point CR were only playing to counter.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They got outclassed by France. Hell France might win the World Cup again if they can manage all of the egos.

Tonight's game major disappointment. Somewhere JK is vindicated a little. They have a short time to figure it out and must get 3 Pts on the road now. Or our second manager will be sacked. for me what Dempsey did at the end was classless and should of been sent off. I don't know about the final third. From the point I watched in the match the midfield looked ok in the build up but the attacking players looked out of sorts. Of course by that point CR were only playing to counter.

Agreed on Dempsey. Just an asshat move, and should have seen red for intent, at least.

Well, I called it wrong on Zusi--he did well--and called it right on Ream. Man, did Cameron suck, though. Didn't see that coming. When your central defenders each are guilty of directly giving up a goal, you'll lose 10 times out of 10. Gutted, disgusted, and really hoping we come out gunning for Honduras. I have a feeling if we try to go all defensive we'll lose, and that would be utter disaster.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agreed on Dempsey. Just an asshat move, and should have seen red for intent, at least.

Well, I called it wrong on Zusi--he did well--and called it right on Ream. Man, did Cameron suck, though. Didn't see that coming. When your central defenders each are guilty of directly giving up a goal, you'll lose 10 times out of 10. Gutted, disgusted, and really hoping we come out gunning for Honduras. I have a feeling if we try to go all defensive we'll lose, and that would be utter disaster.
Interestingly Cameron was the guy I thought needed to be the USAs best player to win. He has been playing different positions at stoke most frequently right back of late. If we were full up that would of been an option but he's almost always been playing centerback alongside brooks or Gonzalez and had done well for a while.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Really, REALLY wish Yedlin was fit, both for club and country. It's killing Newcastle not to have him right now, and Zusi is AWFUL at right back.

Also not a fan of Ream getting the start, but no idea what the injury situation is like, so that's probably the reason. No Besler?

The rest of the lineup looks good to me.
Yedlin provides goals. His pace and ability to get back or fwd on a bolt of pace is unmatched by many players. He's really figured things out and he is rather excellent on the ball. The men's team really missed him last night and yes Newcastle does miss him when he's out. Even last year late their goal scoring dipped when he's gone.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Yedlin provides goals. His pace and ability to get back or fwd on a bolt of pace is unmatched by many players. He's really figured things out and he is rather excellent on the ball. The men's team really missed him last night and yes Newcastle does miss him when he's out. Even last year late their goal scoring dipped when he's gone.

Yeah, he was one of the missing pieces late on that really hurt Newcastle. Thankfully BHA choked. Can't call them *********** ;)

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So Bruce arena hints that he is cutting out the European players for this match. That's fine I just hope Demarcus Beasley does not surrender more goals on an already shaky back four. Is it me or has arena fumbled the whole Fabian Johnson has to play midfield thing. It would be nice to have Johnson as an option at left back and he played well there before. He has been non effective in midfield.

if you want to go with what he says he's playing Cameron out of position. Stoke don't play Geoff at center back very often if ever anymore. I would be playing Cameron at right back with yedlin out.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, he was one of the missing pieces late on that really hurt Newcastle. Thankfully BHA choked. Can't call them *********** ;)
Lol. Good news for Geordie shore crew is yedlin is coming back Saturday. Bad news for the yanks.. it's a couple weeks too late. Hope they pull out 3 Pts tonight so we see yedlin in Russia.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So far Beasley is trying to give up a goal just as one would think. Why are they still calling this guy up.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This backline is terrible. Why is Cameron on the bench and Zusi in the game. Ridiculous.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ugly match. Terrible lineup chosen by arena. Lucky to get a point. They could not string together more than 3-4 passes and the ref let everything go. Could not play out of the back and Guzans service was as typical...poor.

Stout

Reaction score
Ugly match. Terrible lineup chosen by arena. Lucky to get a point. They could not string together more than 3-4 passes and the ref let everything go. Could not play out of the back and Guzans service was as typical...poor.

Ugh, you pretty much nailed it with this post. Reminds me of a rain game we had against Jamaica years ago (can't remember which cycle). A loss would have crushed us, while a draw kept us going, and I think it was in or near injury time at the end when we got the goal. Not as ugly a game as this one, but pretty bad.

I watched with Mom, as I was visiting New Castle. When I saw the lineup I started screaming at the TV and cursing Arena. Mom thought I was overreacting--until the game unfolded. She couldn't believe how awful Beasley was--because he's damn near MY age, Mom!!! She at first didn't understand why I was hating on Guzan until I pointed out how he continually kicked the ball out of bounds. He has worse service than a high-school waiter, and one of them led directly to the goal via a throw in.

Arena would have HAD to be sacked if he lost that match with that pathetic lineup. It shows he hasn't learned his lessons from his previous stint as boss here. As it stands, he'd better squeak us in, so we can go get a different coach that can organize this team and not select a lineup like an absolute soccer moron.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ugh, you pretty much nailed it with this post. Reminds me of a rain game we had against Jamaica years ago (can't remember which cycle). A loss would have crushed us, while a draw kept us going, and I think it was in or near injury time at the end when we got the goal. Not as ugly a game as this one, but pretty bad.

I watched with Mom, as I was visiting New Castle. When I saw the lineup I started screaming at the TV and cursing Arena. Mom thought I was overreacting--until the game unfolded. She couldn't believe how awful Beasley was--because he's damn near MY age, Mom!!! She at first didn't understand why I was hating on Guzan until I pointed out how he continually kicked the ball out of bounds. He has worse service than a high-school waiter, and one of them led directly to the goal via a throw in.

Arena would have HAD to be sacked if he lost that match with that pathetic lineup. It shows he hasn't learned his lessons from his previous stint as boss here. As it stands, he'd better squeak us in, so we can go get a different coach that can organize this team and not select a lineup like an absolute soccer moron.
Yes! Thank you. Hope you enjoyed your time up there.

Howard has his quirks about him and will let in a soft goal from time to time. But his service is 100% better than guzan. It builds the attack so much more efficiently. We really have to do something to replace him if he cannot hold up physically anymore. For me guzan is not the answer.

Beasley makes it seem like we have 10.5 men out there. He is on the ground the whole match. I don't understand the value of that. This whole idea of handing out selections has got to stop in US Soccer. I thought it would stop with klinsmann because he knows better and he talked a big game. But he did the same things arena and bob Bradley do. The back line was terrible. Maybe Cameron needed a break but he should have always been our right back with yedlin out. I would also have kept Johnson at left back because we have attacking players. We just don't have enough guys that can get them the ball. I don't understand the idea behind having your worst players in the back.

Stout

Reaction score
Entitled pretty boys attacking the poster and not the post. Makes me really dislike Bradley and Pulisic, especially Bradley. Look in the damn mirror, punk.

Regardless of what Lalas says, they of course indirectly insult the guy.

Yeah, at this point, the best answer is "It's on us. The only thing we can do is go out and qualify to make up for it. That's how we'll silence the critics." That, or some variation on that theme.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They get let off the hook compared to other countries because frankly the mass sports media in the USA don't care. I remember klinsmann talking about this in the past as well. It seems during his tenure he took the brunt of the blame and negativity from the press because he spoke out against the mainstream sports/media at times.

So it's ironic that perhaps the most visible critic calls them out and they can't take it...Bradley being the main one that I have a problem with his "lion" comment.

And good on Lalas for including pulisic.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well it's do or die time for the USA next weekend. Arena continues the trend Of selecting players who are not good enough to play on a World Cup roster. Im done naming them. I cannot wait until some of these guys opt to retire because they seem to have a lock on selection which is a systemic failure within the US Soccer culture.

to be fair our roster sucks and has no depth otherwise I assume they would not be there. Why not call LD out of retirement at this point? At Least he can score tap in goals.

I really think arena screwd up by moving Johnson out of the left back slot and giving it to Beasley. It seems to be one of his talking points and critiques of JK but it could be one of the decisions that lead to him getting fired and not qualifying for Russia.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake