The Official US Soccer thread

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Here is another podcast I found had some interesting things in it. Just a guy but the names of potential managers was interesting.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ecuador made the knockout round, almost upset Brazil last night, and coach was sacked this morning. But sure, let’s “evaluate” for 2 weeks.
and most likely announce that they will be retaining him. they will make excuses about red cards and referees. nothing will change. I read today that greg was indeed telling his players that the Bolivia vs. Panama match was tied 1-1. that tells us all we need to know about greg. his standards are minimal. you can't win like that. US Soccer need higher standards and hold their players to those standards. and so much for the wakeup call losing 1-5 to Colombia. This team is nowhere near where they should be under berhalter.

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The women's team seems to have waken up that the world is using things more seriously now, but they are still a big dog and should act like it and hired a proper manager

The men's team talks about building, sleeping giant, youth movement..... Whatever

They don't act, carry themselves or play like a team with both expectations and confidence they can meet/beat those expectations

They are stuck in the mud ...... Even with all the challenges within the US system - they are still a major nation, hosting WC in a country that has incredible resources and draw ..... Yet they continue to play the role of the plucky minnow

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The women's team seems to have waken up that the world is using things more seriously now, but they are still a big dog and should act like it and hired a proper manager

The men's team talks about building, sleeping giant, youth movement..... Whatever

They don't act, carry themselves or play like a team with both expectations and confidence they can meet/beat those expectations

They are stuck in the mud ...... Even with all the challenges within the US system - they are still a major nation, hosting WC in a country that has incredible resources and draw ..... Yet they continue to play the role of the plucky minnow
I could be wrong, but it feels like the men have a good old boy club at the top of the federation. that's why so many feelings were hurt at the last World Cup. I can't believe that Greg still has a job. the longer this plays out the more I think he is going to stay.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it feels like the men have a good old boy club at the top of the federation. that's why so many feelings were hurt at the last World Cup. I can't believe that Greg still has a job. the longer this plays out the more I think he is going to stay.
They waited the same amount of time and fired the USWNT coach... just sayin'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd