The Official US Soccer thread

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
they just showed a replay of pulisic going over to shake hands with the refs and the ref wouldn't shake his hand. that is bush league stuff. just proves this ref isn't up for this type of a match. pulisic rightfully gave him some choice words.
Put his hands behind his back - what a chump

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Put his hands behind his back - what a chump
yeah the refs are horrible. and its been all around the tournament. I'm not saying they are biased to the south american teams, but they have sucked. if the top countries from this tournament are going to complain about the pitch surfaces, the refs need to be addressed as well. and VAR. VAR is inconsistent in this tournament. it has gotten things wrong. call me not surprised. VAR in this part of the world is behind Europe. Europe has improved some of their inconsistencies. I don't watch MLS or other leagues outside of Europe so I don't really know how VAR has done there.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah the refs are horrible. and its been all around the tournament. I'm not saying they are biased to the south american teams, but they have sucked. if the top countries from this tournament are going to complain about the pitch surfaces, the refs need to be addressed as well. and VAR. VAR is inconsistent in this tournament. it has gotten things wrong. call me not surprised. VAR in this part of the world is behind Europe. Europe has improved some of their inconsistencies. I don't watch MLS or other leagues outside of Europe so I don't really know how VAR has done there.
Agreed all around.

I watch a fair amount of European matches, even some second division.

While there is always some level of controversy, frustration or complaint because it isn't all that easy and fans get emotional....... It's absolutely jarring to see how awful the Western hemisphere is..... Just downright chaotic, almost all the time

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Americans toothless. The stupid commentator kept praising the US in the 1st half when we had...checks notes...1 shot, none on target. Even late in the game the idiot commentator played it off when his partner pointed out that the U.S. still had only 3 shots. 75 or so minutes with only 3 shots in a do-or-die game? Berhalter has to be gone.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This team needs a major shakeup. Berhalter needs to be shown the door and a coach that has no ties to US soccer or the team needs to be brought in. Just look at the new women's coach. Left Morgan off the squad and rightfully so. She hasn't performed and should not take up a roster spot. The old women's coach would have carried her. A total reset is needed.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This team needs a major shakeup. Berhalter needs to be shown the door and a coach that has no ties to US soccer or the team needs to be brought in. Just look at the new women's coach. Left Morgan off the squad and rightfully so. She hasn't performed and should not take up a roster spot. The old women's coach would have carried her. A total reset is needed.
absolutely

Lorenzo

Reaction score
US Soccer should have prepared a firing for as soon as the game was over. You show the fans that this is unacceptable by immediately firing the guy in charge.
Makes me distrust the execs at USSOCCER (men) every bit as I distrust Greg. Clint Dempsey brought this up last night. Like why did they take so long to replace Greg (with Greg) the first time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Prevailing opinion from everything I'm seeing online is that US Soccer isn't going to fire Berhalter and they are going to stick with him. They rehired him, which in itself was disastrous, but they aren't going to deal with the PR fallout of firing him again will bring. Which is ludicrous, of course, because when we inevitably fail again, US Soccer will get criticized even more for letting him stay.

After this performance there is NO federation in the world that would continue to employ a coach with this poor of a record. None.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prevailing opinion from everything I'm seeing online is that US Soccer isn't going to fire Berhalter and they are going to stick with him. They rehired him, which in itself was disastrous, but they aren't going to deal with the PR fallout of firing him again will bring. Which is ludicrous, of course, because when we inevitably fail again, US Soccer will get criticized even more for letting him stay.

After this performance there is NO federation in the world that would continue to employ a coach with this poor of a record. None.
Don't tell me that. Wow.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It really is bizarre

His first run was good enough to be a little disappointed and get him replaced.

His second stint has a lower winning percentage and goal rate.

I get it, players like his approach and insight

He may be a good developmental coach and players feel he helps develop their game...... But is he really developing the teams game?

Stout

Reaction score

The laugh wasn't for your post, but for US Soccer. What a bunch of schmucks.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It really is bizarre

His first run was good enough to be a little disappointed and get him replaced.

His second stint has a lower winning percentage and goal rate.

I get it, players like his approach and insight

He may be a good developmental coach and players feel he helps develop their game...... But is he really developing the teams game?
IDK, I read today that US Soccer are performing a comprehensive review. I guess they didn't watch the Copa America in real time. greg should have been on probation considering what happened before. and this team has gone backwards under greg. Panama and Jesse Marsch's Canada went farther than US did. fire greg today and go after Klopp while he still doesn't have a job. pay him whatever he wants.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I saw the video where the ref refused to shake pulsic's hand. It appears Pulisic was telling the ref to go celebrate with Uruguay. that might be why he refused to shake hands. the ref sucked, but not a classy move by Christian either.

Stout

Reaction score
I saw the video where the ref refused to shake pulsic's hand. It appears Pulisic was telling the ref to go celebrate with Uruguay. that might be why he refused to shake hands. the ref sucked, but not a classy move by Christian either.
Can't blame Pulisic in the least. The ref was ass and possibly was biased.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It's something that probably shouldn't be a possibility, but if there is anyway you can make it happen you have to go all out

I think he'd have a blast and be a complete media darling during a home WC cycle - I think he's resonate really well to Americans that are unfamiliar

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I read an article on ESPN yesterday about Klopp possibly being the manager but didn't share it here because I thought it was nonsense. But if he did, holy poo. lol

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
In reality he could have been signaling something else at the time, but this pretty much perfectly sums it up, huh?

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 3

Lorenzo

Reaction score
In reality he could have been signaling something else at the time, but this pretty much perfectly sums it up, huh?
yeah and we all heard Stuart holden refer to that as well. Holden said that Greg was telling his team that. if he was actually doing that then it just shows what kind of a spare that he is. like hey guys let's just not give up a goal. and then look what happened.

Stout

Reaction score
yeah and we all heard Stuart holden refer to that as well. Holden said that Greg was telling his team that. if he was actually doing that then it just shows what kind of a spare that he is. like hey guys let's just not give up a goal. and then look what happened.
Oh Christ, really? Really? Is he that fricking stupid? SMFH

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd