The Official "Why do I remain a Cardinal fan!?" thread.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Because in France, there's approximatively 100 people that cares about NFL, so being a cardinal fan is shameless and painless, excepted for me, myself and I.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
I think it all began when I was made to wear a helmet all the time as a child... by the way it wasn't a football helmet... :bang:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Sorry breaking away from the mood of the thread....

I'm a Cardinal fan first and formost because I love the team, have since they moved to Arizona back in 1988. And I know as a long standing Card fan when we finally get good, that I am those of us who have remained loyal and faithful fans will know that we deserve to see the success more then the ton of bandwagonners who will jump all over the Cards jockstrap when the winning begins. It will be that much sweeter. Ask any Red Sox or White Sox fan what I mean.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I went to both my first Cardinal and White Sox games with my dad in 1957. My 48 year wait with the Sox just ended. I figured I have about another 20 years to live so what the hell. I've hung in there this long I may as well just hang around and see what happens.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause I like when I tell boys I'm a Cardinals fan and they look at me like "Oh, she must like the colors ... or birds ... or something."

:bang: stupid cardinals

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because in 1985 some hack at the Republic prematurely broke the story that the Eagles were moving to town, and the relocation was killed by the city of Philadephia. Two years later, the Cards descended on Arizona, and the curse was born.

Too bad, because I look much better in green.

The Shark

chickenhead

Reaction score
Because they are the hometown team. I don't mind a team being bad--the thing I don't like about being a Cardinals fan is that they're such an afterthought. I never get to see them on network TV, and I rarely see any other fans. With a team like the Browns, for example, misery has company.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because circus midget clowns don't field a professional football team.

I chose the next best option.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cuz I think Neil Rackers is hot.

It's been the only bright spot as of late!

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At this point of the season the only thing I can think of (wipes away tear) is you guys!! Cuz Lord knows after watching yesterday it isn't for the "entertainment value".... Unlike the Cardinals YOU ALL ROCK!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because I don't have the $1300 to have laser surgery to remove the Cardinal tattoo off of my back. Couldn't very well explain being a Chiefs fan or something with a big ol red bird on my back. :confused:

RedForeman

Registered
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
Because I need an excuse to drink heavily on Sundays
You can still drink heavily while being a fan of a good team.

A friend of mine is a big Bronco fan...he is boozed out of his mind every Sunday and is a happy drunk rather than a bitter one. In fact, I think he called in sick today :cheers:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why do I remain a Cardinal fan?

Because I hate football with a passion equalled only by Cardinals' management. They're my kind of people.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
because any Normalthusian drone can root for a winner.
My fandom is part of my iconoclastic nature.
I'm PROUD to be a Cardinals fan.
The team itself and its' operation are secondary, although a source of anger and frustration.
Cardinals - punk rock!!!

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Because winning every weekend becomes boring & bland.Observe your basic Steeler / Patriot / Colts fan,theyre zombies.The outcome of their games are so predictable.Its like wondering if a brand new Toyota is going to start when you turn the key,of course it does! Driving a clunker gives you an apreciation for the little things that go right every once and a while.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
ANDY440 said:
Because winning every weekend becomes boring & bland.Observe your basic Steeler / Patriot / Colts fan,theyre zombies.The outcome of their games are so predictable.Its like wondering if a brand new Toyota is going to start when you turn the key,of course it does! Driving a clunker gives you an apreciation for the little things that go right every once and a while.

:raccoon:

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
Sorry breaking away from the mood of the thread....

I'm a Cardinal fan first and formost because I love the team, have since they moved to Arizona back in 1988. And I know as a long standing Card fan when we finally get good, that I am those of us who have remained loyal and faithful fans will know that we deserve to see the success more then the ton of bandwagonners who will jump all over the Cards jockstrap when the winning begins. It will be that much sweeter. Ask any Red Sox or White Sox fan what I mean.

:thumbup: Thank you!! (I just hope I'm not like that old lady at the White Sox game with a sign "I waited 92 years for this".)

Seriously, I'm not a fair weather fan and don't want to jump on the bandwagon of another team.

GO CARDINALS!!!!! :newcards:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05