The Playoff Race

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Miami sucks, they are getting spanked by the Spurs tonight. They can't beat any real teams with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh!? WTH...

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Bosh is most def. over rated.. Playing for toronto and being the only good player on that team made him look better than he really is.

I wouldn't even trade gortat for bosh right now.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I wouldn't even trade gortat for bosh right now.
I wouldn't trade Gortat for anyone. Not even his mentor Dwight Howard. Seriously.

Gortat's leadership skills are exactly what the Suns need, starting from the week he got here, was vocal about our (lack of) defense, then it started improving.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Gortat for anyone. Not even his mentor Dwight Howard. Seriously.

Gortat's leadership skills are exactly what the Suns need, starting from the week he got here, was vocal about our (lack of) defense, then it started improving.

When your bromance reaches the next level will we be invited to the wedding?

Seriouly its just getting to the point of stupid. Not trading Gortat for Howard smh

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
When your bromance reaches the next level will we be invited to the wedding?
That's mature!

Seriouly its just getting to the point of stupid. Not trading Gortat for Howard smh
You said in a previous post something about getting serious for a moment. It's not easy finding your moments.

Of course what I said sounds like an exaggeration. But think about it.

I made reference to Gortat's leadership from the week he got here. This Suns team needed that as desperately as they needed rebounding and defense at Center.

Howard would have been out of place on Nash's team, as was Shaq. Younger, yes. A superstar, yes. Better team results, I don't think so.

That was my point about not trading Gortat for Howard.

If Marcin were allowed to play alongside Nash and the other starters from the beginning of the game, he would make an even bigger difference to the Suns than he already has.

As I said, I wouldn't trade Gortat for anyone. He's a great match for our roster.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Gortat for Howard? I'd do that in a second lol. Gortat is a beast but Howard is emmm Howard.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Gortat's stock has risen a LOT since he came over in the trade. This may end up being the best trade the Suns ever made. High quality centers just don't get traded AND the Suns got a pick AND they shed the Turk! If they'd just waive VC it would be complete.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I still miss J-Rich though.. I love this trade but I miss his offense.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Portland, Utah and Houston all won today. Denver lost its 27th game. The Suns are now just one game in the loss column behind the 5th seed, but still in the 9th seed.

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
Gortat for Howard? I'd do that in a second lol. Gortat is a beast but Howard is emmm Howard.

Yes, but for one thing, all Howard wants is a ring, and he wants it desperately, so he probably won't want to go to a team with no fellow superstars... Other than that, Gortat indeed blended perfectly with the Suns mentality, and I'm not that sure the same would happen with Howard. He gets frustrated real quick if the team is on a bad streak.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Portland, Utah and Houston all won today. Denver lost its 27th game. The Suns are now just one game in the loss column behind the 5th seed, but still in the 9th seed.

They've got to win tonight. They can't make it just beating the bad teams. They're going to have to win some against the elite teams.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've got to win tonight. They can't make it just beating the bad teams. They're going to have to win some against the elite teams.

It would be nice to win tonight but surprisingly enough, I don't think it's all that important. I went through our schedule during the all-star break and I marked every game for win/loss and gave us a win every time we played a team that we'd be no more than a point or two underdog. Doing this, we could comfortably finish the season 20 - 8 and I'm confident that puts us solidly into the postseason.

Although it's not necessarily what I'm predicting us to do, assuming we beat all the teams we should and most of the teams we reasonably could, I have us losing these 8 games from the break forward: @Boston, @OKC, @NO (win one & lose one there), @LAL, Dal, @SA, @Chi, @Dal. We close the season against the Spurs and I can see that game going either way depending on whether Pop wants the victory or chooses to rest his starters. IOW, we really don't need to pull an upset along the way, we just need to win the more winnable games. Tonight's game would be a mild upset.

Steve

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It would be nice to win tonight but surprisingly enough, I don't think it's all that important. I went through our schedule during the all-star break and I marked every game for win/loss and gave us a win every time we played a team that we'd be no more than a point or two underdog. Doing this, we could comfortably finish the season 20 - 8 and I'm confident that puts us solidly into the postseason.

Although it's not necessarily what I'm predicting us to do, assuming we beat all the teams we should and most of the teams we reasonably could, I have us losing these 8 games from the break forward: @Boston, @OKC, @NO (win one & lose one there), @LAL, Dal, @SA, @Chi, @Dal. We close the season against the Spurs and I can see that game going either way depending on whether Pop wants the victory or chooses to rest his starters. IOW, we really don't need to pull an upset along the way, we just need to win the more winnable games. Tonight's game would be a mild upset.

Steve

Don't forget we have to play the Kings again!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget we have to play the Kings again!

Lol. Seriously though, they are a much more talented team than their record suggests. Hopefully, for every disappointing loss to a Kings team we'll sneak in an unexpected road win. Might as well steal one tonight.

Steve

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, Suns lose in OT, Memphis beats the hottest team in the league Dallas by 1 after beating the Spurs a few days ago, and New Orleans also wins tonight. And Suns lose Frye likely for a long time. A really bad day for Phoenix.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, Suns lose in OT, Memphis beats the hottest team in the league Dallas by 1 after beating the Spurs a few days ago, and New Orleans also wins tonight. And Suns lose Frye likely for a long time. A really bad day for Phoenix.
Mavs had a 17 point lead at the half. :(

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, going into tonight's game I was pretty confident we'd march into the playoffs. Now, though, I have serious doubts. We might still be able to grab the 8 spot but our chances of pulling an upset went from long to really, really long.

Steve

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Seriously though, they are a much more talented team than their record suggests. Hopefully, for every disappointing loss to a Kings team we'll sneak in an unexpected road win. Might as well steal one tonight.

Steve
Aren't teams at a certain point what their record actually says?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05