The Real Reason Whiz Cut Leinart

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Kirk Gibson

Now you got it.

The University of Texas only had one QB, Rick McIvor, actually play the position in the NFL from Bobby Layne to Chris Simms. He played for the Cardinals.

I would imagine though that other teams have odd draft trivia like this.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
wow Good ratings, Why do I have that paranoid feeling of laying face down in a ditch while others poke me with white hot burning sticks.

I don't know what kind of giant hand it would take? swinging out of hades and slapping you all upside your helmetless heads to show you Matt Leinart was not the problem with 2010 AZ Cardinals? As I said relentlessly.

Matty is 10 times a better NFL QB than all 3 of the QB's Whiz hand picked over him combined. And thats the damned truth. Rather a U-S-C QB ever won a super bowl or not.

He had a 110 QB on this piece of crap of an offense with no will to run and a playcaller that throws 2/3rds of the time in any and all circumstances? we had 3 score leads and passed like our hair was on fire almost 50% of the games in 2009?

I don't give hoot about USC as accused, I like me some QB with 4 NCAA championship games experience, 2 wins and a Heisman, another historic 3rd loss in the last seconds.

Than He gets to start and break NFL rookie scoring and yardage records for Our Arizona Cardinals. Then sets behind a resurging HOF QB as the Cardinals go to their first SB and 2nd NFCW Division Title.

Comes out and out performs all NFL QB's in the preseason by a mile in spite of a HC?playcaller screwing with his head, kicking him the groin and basically systematically turning a young SB team in the oldest team in the NFL.

We seen the results in 2010. Yea I'm a Cards fan first and always, But i like me some Matt Leinart and Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel and Mark Sanchez.

Some peoples kids?

so you guys don't think any of these QB's would upgrade our current QB position? What the hell's going on out there?

So promote the PGC to OC over the RGC with hall of fame credentials and just keep pushing the under the mud every time they climb up.

Is Mike Miller the best choice available at OC? the worst division in history is licking their lips at the oppurtunity to play our sorry AZ.

Are you from the south man. That is one hilarious post. You are absoulty correct when you said that Matt Leinart didn't have anything to do with the Cardinals poor 2010 season. He was a third stringer for the Texans.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You keep tellin em because there are people on here who still think it was a good idear to cut Matt.

I don't.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
wow Good ratings, Why do I have that paranoid feeling of laying face down in a ditch while others poke me with white hot burning sticks.

I don't know what kind of giant hand it would take? swinging out of hades and slapping you all upside your helmetless heads to show you Matt Leinart was not the problem with 2010 AZ Cardinals? As I said relentlessly.

Matty is 10 times a better NFL QB than all 3 of the QB's Whiz hand picked over him combined. And thats the damned truth. Rather a U-S-C QB ever won a super bowl or not.

He had a 110 QB on this piece of crap of an offense with no will to run and a playcaller that throws 2/3rds of the time in any and all circumstances? we had 3 score leads and passed like our hair was on fire almost 50% of the games in 2009?

I don't give hoot about USC as accused, I like me some QB with 4 NCAA championship games experience, 2 wins and a Heisman, another historic 3rd loss in the last seconds.

Than He gets to start and break NFL rookie scoring and yardage records for Our Arizona Cardinals. Then sets behind a resurging HOF QB as the Cardinals go to their first SB and 2nd NFCW Division Title.

Comes out and out performs all NFL QB's in the preseason by a mile in spite of a HC?playcaller screwing with his head, kicking him the groin and basically systematically turning a young SB team in the oldest team in the NFL.

We seen the results in 2010. Yea I'm a Cards fan first and always, But i like me some Matt Leinart and Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel and Mark Sanchez.

Some peoples kids?

so you guys don't think any of these QB's would upgrade our current QB position? What the hell's going on out there?

So promote the PGC to OC over the RGC with hall of fame credentials and just keep pushing the under the mud every time they climb up.

Is Mike Miller the best choice available at OC? the worst division in history is licking their lips at the oppurtunity to play our sorry AZ.

I only give you a hard time cause I thought I could get a laugh....nothing personal against you at all man. Sorry if you took it personal, was just going for a laugh.

As far as promoting the Passing game coordinator, Mike Miller, over Russ Grimm, is because Grimm can't even build a DECENT offensive line. Lots of coaches in the NFL have been able to turn around a team or position quickly.....and Grimm has done nothing since his playing days.

Miller gives Whiz someone he can decided on if he is going to let him call plays or not (which I don't like). Should we have got a better OC, I would have LOVED one....but Russ Grimm has shown to be an awful coach here in AZ, I don't think he has coached up one offensive line to a top 20 line in AZ yet. He has been a complete disappointment as a coach. The fact he has a name and is in the Hall of Fame, doesn't mean he deserves to be our OC in any fashion whatsoever.

Reaction score
Considering there have only been 45 SB champions Im sure there are plenty of schools who's QB has never won a SB.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Considering there have only been 45 SB champions Im sure there are plenty of schools who's QB has never won a SB.

It was never won, never lost, never played in. So you are looking at at least 90QBs, probably closer to 100. Its just amazing that a school thats as big as USC has never even had one play in the game was kinda the point I think.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It was never won, never lost, never played in. So you are looking at at least 90QBs, probably closer to 100. Its just amazing that a school thats as big as USC has never even had one play in the game was kinda the point I think.

The USC was too cool for that. They just skipped right over that and went to having a former QB be a HC that won a Super Bowl. Good trivia question. Name two former Cardinal QBs who have participated in a SB. Not before but after their Cardinal affiliation.

Chris Chandler and Mike Holmgren.

:D

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The USC was too cool for that. They just skipped right over that and went to having a former QB be a HC that won a Super Bowl. Good trivia question. Name two former Cardinal QBs who have participated in a SB. Not before but after their Cardinal affiliation.

Chris Chandler and Mike Holmgren.

:D

Well that wasnt much of a trivia game if you gave us the answers right away.. ha

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
Is it a tradition on this board to troll the hell out of THESMEL with not so subtle jabs at Leinart?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
why knot take the bait

Its the offseason, may be the end of an era. They think its about Matty!?

Its about the ignorant- crap for brains coaches and FO that hand chose Da and rookies over Matts preseason performance. I can't understand how these people look their fans in the face?

Now if it was just Matty they would get a pass, but Porter? Faneca? RFA WR's Williams, Komar, RFA Max Hall? WTH? Kill a quiet Deuce in public, cut R Wells,

We have hardly any draft picks left after the first round and Our First rounders would star anywhere else, but no not here,

Levi is a road grader protecting QB's against all odds,

DRC has flashes of greatness but is the goat most of the time,

Beanies benched for the worse starting RB in the NFL, getting close to historic worse after 3 years starting.

How can we screw up Dan Williams? well we did!

We went from a young upcoming team to NFL Road Kill in less than 2 years and getting worse by the hour.

I said what I mean and meant what I said the whole time,

I love the Cardinals but Graves and Whiz's performance is the worse I ever seen. We went to the sB in spite of them not because of them.

I guess the Cardinals should only go after QB's from Northern Iowa.

Stupid thread. Shame on you for taking the bait Thesmel.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
again

Our Oline has done the impossible, protecting immobile QB KW while defenses knew we were gonna pass every down.

Why can't you anyone see that 574 passes were threw while they only allowed 26 sacks? each year for 3 years? against all odds with everything in the opponents favor? Our oline was coached to fail.

The run was an afterthought or thrown away completely, the only solid playoff wins we had we ran the farting ball with Edge and Beanie.

hat 66% passing stat is distorted by 3 and outs, We play more like a team that throws 80% of the time.

I would fire myself every game Beanie only got 7 rush attempts. I'd fire myself if I cutt Matt leinart for DA with only 2.5 Mill left to pay last year.

I can laugh at it, but every draft need expert is saying what i said last year this year, And most things I said are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt X10!

I should be laughing but I care about my Cardinals, feel like my team has terminal cancer.

I only give you a hard time cause I thought I could get a laugh....nothing personal against you at all man. Sorry if you took it personal, was just going for a laugh.

As far as promoting the Passing game coordinator, Mike Miller, over Russ Grimm, is because Grimm can't even build a DECENT offensive line. Lots of coaches in the NFL have been able to turn around a team or position quickly.....and Grimm has done nothing since his playing days.

Miller gives Whiz someone he can decided on if he is going to let him call plays or not (which I don't like). Should we have got a better OC, I would have LOVED one....but Russ Grimm has shown to be an awful coach here in AZ, I don't think he has coached up one offensive line to a top 20 line in AZ yet. He has been a complete disappointment as a coach. The fact he has a name and is in the Hall of Fame, doesn't mean he deserves to be our OC in any fashion whatsoever.

Last edited:

AZCARDSFANATIC

Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly he did it because he didn't like Matt. Ever wonder why Wis wasn't handed the keys to the Steelers, it's because he and Big Ben hated each other and the Rooneys chose Ben over Wis(smart choice really). Matt and Ben have similar personalities. Wis just needs to pray he made the right choice and we find a QB ASAP