The Reason We Didnt Go After Kobe

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
His name is Steve Kerr. Read below what he wrote about KB8:

If Lakers owner Jerry Buss still had a modicum of self-respect he would have gotten sick over this soap opera and – when Bryant still hadn't assured him he was going to re-sign – pulled the plug on the Shaq deal.

He should have asked Shaq for forgiveness, rescinded his offer to Bryant and moved on with personnel that understand what being a Laker really means.

Instead he sold his soul and mortgaged the franchise on a me-first, team-third guy. A guy who displayed not a thought about what this pathetic cry for attention was doing to the people and fans who always have backed him up.

Did we mention that Bryant is scheduled to stand trial for felony sexual assault in Colorado beginning August 27, and a guilty verdict could end his playing career?

The Lakers have been one of the proudest and most storied franchises in sports. And Bryant used them like a desperate girlfriend.

The Lakers are better than this.

The thing with Bryant is that it's always about him. There is plenty to like about the guy, from the high-flying game to the high-wattage smile. There is little question he is among the game's five best individual talents, has a knack for crunch-time performances and at 25 still has plenty of peak years ahead of him.

I cant really argue with him though.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sour grapes. If the Suns didn't want Bryant, they wouldn't have offered him a max deal. The time to take the high road was before clearing out all that cap space just for him.

OP
OP
cepstrum

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Sour grapes. If the Suns didn't want Bryant, they wouldn't have offered him a max deal. The time to take the high road was before clearing out all that cap space just for him.
According to radio in phoenix, namely Gambo and Ash, the offer was never made. I know they are often wrong, but this actually makes sense. According to nash's agent, they called at 12:01 wanting to set up a meeting with nash the next day with an offer in mind for nashty. I trully think that the suns never had any intention of going after kobe. It does suck that we didnt go after him harder but, I'll tell you what, had we waited this whole time just to have him spurn us (see clips), Id be pissed as hell.

Oh yea the cap space wasnt cleared for him, it was cleared to sell the team. Jihadi was cleared because (if we end up with Q) would you rather have Q or JW. If we dont end up with Q, you can do a lot better with 6 mil than JW

sunsfn

Reaction score
Good article by a good guy.

I do not believe the suns offered a contract to Bryant, and I never believed they would.

:thumbup:

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
This entire thread is worthless Steve Kerr never wrote that article it was Dan Wetzel. If you didn't do this on purpose then I just wanted to inform you, but if you did please get a life and stop making something out of nothing.

Link to True Article

Last edited:
OP
OP
cepstrum

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
My3Suns said:
This entire thread is worthless Steve Kerr never wrote that article it was Dan Wetzel. If you didn't do this on purpose then I just wanted to inform you, but if you did please get a life and stop making something out of nothing.

Link to True Article
Take it ez smart azz. I saw kerr's name under the link on sports.yahoo.com and I just assumed. Thanks for correcting me though.

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
If it was a mistake like you said, then I'm truly sorry for sounding like a smart a$$. I'm just a little frustrated from others posting threads just to pad their post count.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm just a little frustrated from others posting threads just to pad their post count.

Can someone explain this to me? Does anyone really care about post count? It sounds like the stupidest thing in the word to have an ego about.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I'm just a little frustrated from others posting threads just to pad their post count.

Can someone explain this to me? Does anyone really care about post count? It sounds like the stupidest thing in the word to have an ego about.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I agree. I mean I could care less about my post count. I don't even know what is, and I don't care. I also don't believe that most people care.

I still wish some people would put more thought into their posts, but I don't think it's as big a problem as it was a week or two ago.

Joe Mama

sunsfn

Reaction score
I do not think the post is bad, just that it did not have the right person who wrote it.

But, it was corrected so no big deal.

Speaking of posting a lot........where the H...........has Chaplin been?

:confused: :cool:

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
As you all can see I dont give a crap about post counts I enjoy reading quality posts and if I feel like I need to add my two cents to a quality thread then I do.
I check this board atleast once a day to see if there has been any breaking news about the Suns because this is where I normally hear it first since I don't live near Phoenix right now. So for all those "quality posters" please keep up the good work and thank you for keeping me informed.

fordronken

Reaction score
elindholm said:

How could you not care about your POST COUNT!?!?!?!?!?!...I mean...um...yeah...it's...really stupid. I don't care.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
fordronken said:
How could you not care about your POST COUNT!?!?!?!?!?!...I mean...um...yeah...it's...really stupid. I don't care.

I'm not totally sure I understand the point of padding ones post count with posts complaining about someone padding their post count. :wave:

BTW, I cannot express just how happy I am that the Suns did not sign Kobe. I really don't like him as a person and I much prefer guys who put winning ahead their egos.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My3Suns said:
If it was a mistake like you said, then I'm truly sorry for sounding like a smart a$$. I'm just a little frustrated from others posting threads just to pad their post count.

Coming from a guy with 39 posts. But I bet they were 39 life changing posts. :rolleyes:

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why is post counts so important to some people? I used to post a lot because I wanted to discuss things with people. I don't understand how the number of posts someone has means anything! Looking at post counts is kind of junior high like!