The recent play of Amare

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It cracks me up when people call Amare lazy or a loafer. When you talk to other players you never hear Amare doesn't work hard in practice or the gym. You guys are acting like Amare is Doris Diaw. If Amare was a loafer or lazy it would come out just like it did with Doris. We heard time and time again about Boris coming in out of shape, not being committed etc.. etc.. (from 2 teams running).

To me Amare's problem is basketball IQ. His problem is focus. That is what leads to these lulls on the court. To call him a loafer or lazy is ridiculous IMO.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
To me Amare's problem is basketball IQ. His problem is focus. That is what leads to these lulls on the court. To call him a loafer or lazy is ridiculous IMO.
Good analysis. But unfortunately, whether low basketball IQ / lack of focus or loafer / lazy, the result is the same -- inconsistency.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Good analysis. But unfortunately, whether low basketball IQ / lack of focus or loafer / lazy, the result is the same -- inconsistency.

Well, his performance in all the playoff series have been very consistent. That'd be good only for a championship team though, not for a team focused on regular season success.;)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Well, his performance in all the playoff series have been very consistent. That'd be good only for a championship team though, not for a team focused on regular season success.;)

Last time I checked teams that are successful in the regular season actually go to the playoffs and the teams with the best "regular season" records usually win the titles.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Last time I checked teams that are successful in the regular season actually go to the playoffs and the teams with the best "regular season" records usually win the titles.

With Suns heavily represented among the few exceptions, right? Doesn't this teach you something? We were too much enamored with regular season success and neglected to work on things that are most important for post season success.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05