The Vent Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ollie said:
Tough loss but I stand on my Suns in 6 prediction. I mean, it's not like the Mavs are crushing us, and the Suns have shown so much resiliency 'til now. So my vent is : show some pride, we're not dead !

you can have pride and be realistic at the same time. i think every suns poster to a man (or woman) on this board has, at some time, commented on the pride they have for this team. even when any of say that we don't think we're going to win it isn't giving up, it is usually based on rational, logical, thought out arguments. we (or maybe i should just speak for myself) are basing the comment on what we are seeing and what we know of the situation (ie the mavs have been successful in adjusting to our game and effectively slowed the pace, we have a number of key components not playing, etc.). that's not a lack of pride, that's recognition of facts and applying those facts, along with whatever basketball knowledge we possess to the determination of the most probable outcome of the next game and/or series.

pride is DEFINITELY not lacking on this board in these suns fans.

Nowitkness

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
you can have pride and be realistic at the same time. i think every suns poster to a man (or woman) on this board has, at some time, commented on the pride they have for this team. even when any of say that we don't think we're going to win it isn't giving up, it is usually based on rational, logical, thought out arguments. we (or maybe i should just speak for myself) are basing the comment on what we are seeing and what we know of the situation (ie the mavs have been successful in adjusting to our game and effectively slowed the pace, we have a number of key components not playing, etc.). that's not a lack of pride, that's recognition of facts and applying those facts, along with whatever basketball knowledge we possess to the determination of the most probable outcome of the next game and/or series.

pride is DEFINITELY not lacking on this board in these suns fans.

Glad to see that even Phoenix fans know who the best team is in this series. It is not too late to switch your allegiance to the Mavericks and root on a winner for tomorrow's game.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Nowitkness said:
Glad to see that even Phoenix fans know who the best team is in this series. It is not too late to switch your allegiance to the Mavericks and root on a winner for tomorrow's game.

:banned:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
LOL, he doesn't even know how to spell "Nowitzki" (or, if you like, "Nowitzness"). I'll bet it's a Laker troll in disguise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am fustrated with Coach D's lack of adjustments. It seems like we are making very few. On top of that, now that Kurt is healthy, you have to get him in the game. Do you really think being down 3 starters (Amare, Kurt and Bell) that we could just run away with this series?

Our margin for error is so thin. IMO... if Coad D doesn't find away to reintegrate Kurt Thomas or if Bell doesn't have a miracle quick recovery... I think we are done. This team has just been snake bitten when it comes to injuries.

M3Man

Reaction score
My apologies for Nowitkness. By my definition, he's a troll. I'm trying not to be, athough your mods seem to have an itchy trigger finger. So does mine at Dallas-Mavs.com. Its a tough job, thats why I don't do it.

Your team deserves props for effort, as they are so banged up. Dallas played the last 6 week of the season with 4 of the top 8 players hurt. We started rookies, lost home court advantage to the Spurs, but got lucky, and stayed patient and brought everybody back with no setbacks. Your luck has sucked. But in this series, the Mavs are making a lot of their own luck.

You get my sympathies, because we Mavs fans have been where you are. Our last title hopes crashed along with Dirk's knee against the Spurs in '03. This year we got lucky with Amare. Hey, no apologies for that, you'll have him for 10 years and we'll be scrambling trying to defend him. I've always seen this year as our window of opportunity before Amare and LeBron go Bird v Magic on the NBA for a long time.

To me, the biggest difference in this series is the Mavs effort, getting back and defending the fast break, getting out on 3 point shooters, and using Diop to defend the paint. The PHX offense is based on getting easy buckets, and the Mavs certainly shut that down in game 3. The Mavs didn't slow the game down by taking 20 seconds to shoot. They won by forcing PHX to take 20 seconds, instead of 4, to find a decent shot. That's all effort, and if the Mavs bring it every night, it will be very difficult for the Suns. Avery's biggest contribution to the Mavs is demanding consistent defensive effort on every play from every player. If he's outcoaching D'Antoni, its by doing that every day in every game and practice since he took over. The players believe if they do what he says, they will win.

There is always the chance of some 3 point magic. But game 3 showed the danger of waiting for that. Many of you are blaming the calls, but even if Dirk missed the rim, why didn't PHX get the damned rebound? This is the WCF's...you can't get a stop down by six and get out-hustled, expecting the ref to get the ball for you. Watch the KVH alleged walk and you'll see he lost the ball going up because the defender hit it. The ref is right on top of it and signals tipped ball. The bottom line is if you're down by 6 with 1:10 to go, you need to make your own luck.

I will be very interested in seeing what moves D'Antoni makes next. He pushed all the right buttons to win 2 7 game series. Maybe he just doesn't have the horses to do it again. I'd never count the Suns out until its over. They can get too hot and shoot too well. But with 4 games left, PHX will have to be better than the Spurs to win 3. Next year, they should be. But hey, the injury excuse is better than what we had against PHX last year, which was no excuse at all.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
To me, the biggest difference in this series is the Mavs effort

I'd go along with that. The first two games were split, and the Suns "won" the first half of Game 3. But then their effort disappeared, and that's why Dallas now enjoys a 2-1 lead.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
elindholm said:
To me, the biggest difference in this series is the Mavs effort

I'd go along with that. The first two games were split, and the Suns "won" the first half of Game 3. But then their effort disappeared, and that's why Dallas now enjoys a 2-1 lead.

That's the biggest dissappointment for me.

I never expected in my wildest dreams that the Suns would get this far. If they were giving their best effort and getting beat I'd be happy but they are not playing well. It seems like the Suns whould be up 2-1 if they had just played good basketball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
M3Man said:
My apologies for Nowitkness. By my definition, he's a troll. I'm trying not to be, athough your mods seem to have an itchy trigger finger. So does mine at Dallas-Mavs.com. Its a tough job, thats why I don't do it.
. . .
I will be very interested in seeing what moves D'Antoni makes next. He pushed all the right buttons to win 2 7 game series. Maybe he just doesn't have the horses to do it again. I'd never count the Suns out until its over. They can get too hot and shoot too well. But with 4 games left, PHX will have to be better than the Spurs to win 3. Next year, they should be. But hey, the injury excuse is better than what we had against PHX last year, which was no excuse at all.

awesome post man. i completely agree with everything you said.

cly2tw

Reaction score
We have to accentuate Diop's moving screens on the court. His only business in Mavs offense is to set them, but as a young and no-name player, he should be called for them by refs if the Suns players would intentionally run into his moving screens/picks. That are TOs for them and force AJ to yank him out. Otherwise, with two athletic 7-footers parked in the paint, LB, Nash and Diaw just have hard time to get decent shots up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
We have to accentuate Diop's moving screens on the court. His only business in Mavs offense is to set them, but as a young and no-name player, he should be called for them by refs if the Suns players would intentionally run into his moving screens/picks. That are TOs for them and force AJ to yank him out. Otherwise, with two athletic 7-footers parked in the paint, LB, Nash and Diaw just have hard time to get decent shots up.

i had forgotten about that. i was screaming at the television for that the entire second half. he throws the hip/ass a lot and it hasn't gotten called. i'm baffled as to why considering he's a no-name and it's been so obvious. ah well, the refs are a miniscule part of why we're down in this series. if barbs doesn't step up a 20 point game and marion doesn't nut up we're done.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We owe Dallas a big thanks for finally dethroning the Spurs boredom ball. The prospect of another gruesome Spurs/Detroit final was scary.

Dallas/Miami is shaping up to be well worth watching. As for the Suns, we're done. Toasted by a deeper team.

I really like Mark Cuban and I hope he gets his championship. Meanwhile, we have Sarver.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
We owe Dallas a big thanks for finally dethroning the Spurs boredom ball. The prospect of another gruesome Spurs/Detroit final was scary.

Dallas/Miami is shaping up to be well worth watching. As for the Suns, we're done. Toasted by a deeper team.

I really like Mark Cuban and I hope he gets his championship. Meanwhile, we have Sarver.

What exactly do you think is wrong with Sarver? If you think he is too cheap, where is your evidence of that?

nowagimp

Reaction score
cly2tw said:

Diop was inserted to provide the shot blocker in the lane required to make the Popovich defense work: defend the 3 and force the playmakers into the lane where the shot blocker(not Dampier) will reduce their effectiveness. The key to beating this D is to take the ball to Diop and get the fouls on him. Diaw needs to take the ball right to Diop, and its not his reflex. Diaw would rather go around Diop, which will not work. No way Diop can move his feet fast enough to stay in front of Diaw. Even if Diaw did this, the refs must call the foul on Diop, which is not not guaranteed. If the suns are getting only 11 foul shots/game, it may not be possible. One things for sure, if the suns arent hitting 3's, they MUST get fouls called on the drive and make the FT's. If the refs dont call those fouls or the suns dont draw them, game over, period.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
What exactly do you think is wrong with Sarver? If you think he is too cheap, where is your evidence of that?

1) low-balling JJ twice - contract extension and then when FA starts - that's the biggest evidence.

2) Different things within the organization that I've heard about - namely - again - low-balling or basically stonewalling Bryan Colangelo on a contract extension

BUT!!!! (and note kids - this isn't shouting, but a reversal on my part, emphasized because most of the time people only read the beginning of a post)

This summer we'll see if the proof is in the pudding - if he gets Boris and Leo signed to extensions and gets TT back, he can officially win me over. Until then, I wait with baited breath (and actually, losing Leo wouldn't kill me or make me rake Sraver over the coals, he can play out his contract and become restriced next year giving us the opportunity to match - but TT and Boris need to be resigned - period).

As far as having Cuban - screw that - we've got enough fans apparently that are cry-babies about the officials, it would make me sick to my stomach if our owner was that way as well.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I could care less if Barbosa is back. I would happily move him if it made room for TT or Diaw.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
At this point I could care less if Barbosa is back. I would happily move him if it made room for TT or Diaw.

I agree - unless he'd sign a 6 year, 30 million dollar contract, I'd let him play out the existing year on his deal (he does have one mroe before he turns RFA, correct?) and then deal with it next summer.

He's Bobby Jackson - nothing more, nothing less.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

though i'd rather have diaw than barbs any day of the week, i think barbs will eventually grow into a very good player in this league. he's still inconsistent, but he's had a lot further to grow than most. i wouldn't rid myself of barbs for the sake of tt.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

The Anti-Jinx.

:thumbup:

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

Skorpp,

Swallow your pride for just a second and let the myopia loose. It's absolutely OK to think PHX can win this series.

When will they make believers out of you and all the other "naysayers"?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Actually, I'm buying into the "reverse mojo" theory. At this point, whatever's working is good for me. I'm not proud.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

Please keep posting this message before every game, it appears to be working for Leo(24pts on 10-13 shooting).

BOLDIN

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NBA Officiating at its finest

Close game 4th quarter... back to back technicals against one team. What bs.

Last edited by a moderator: