The way too early wildcard watch thread.2024

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This could be collusion at its best, or for us, worst.
I would assume whomever wins game 1 will basically sit as many as their everyday players they can and some hack will be pitching. Doesn’t necessarily translate to collusion but this is just a bad situation for the Dbacks and they have nobody to blame but themselves

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
The winner of game one owes nothing to anyone. They should make their decision based on what sets them up best for game one of the playoffs.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would assume whomever wins game 1 will basically sit as many as their everyday players they can and some hack will be pitching. Doesn’t necessarily translate to collusion but this is just a bad situation for the Dbacks and they have nobody to blame but themselves
100% this.

All they had to do was hold an 8-0 lead in Milwaukee, and they are in the playoffs guaranteed.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, if the braves win, they will sit everyone. Mets need to win to stay alive in the playoffs, so they won't sit anyone and win. So the likelihood of dbacks making it in is zero.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
This could be collusion at it's best, or for us, worst.
I was just bummed out when I made this post. The Brewers game killed us. And of course, winning just one more game of the 73 games we lost would have the same effect. Losing the Met's series 4-3, one more win there and nothing else mattered. I doubt I will watch any of the playoffs this year. Close, but no cigar.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully the Braves will play hard in game two, whoever they decide to play. I know these two teams don't like each other, so maybe the Braves would like to eliminate them.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Mets score at least 6 in the top of the 8th. If they hold on, their double-A roster will be playing the 2nd game and Atlanta will crush them - see you on the links, DBacks! The Genius Lovullo should be fired (or demoted) simply for the travesty that was a Lost September Sunday in Milwaukee.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just bummed out when I made this post. The Brewers game killed us. And of course, winning just one more game of the 73 games we lost would have the same effect. Losing the Met's series 4-3, one more win there and nothing else mattered. I doubt I will watch any of the playoffs this year. Close, but no cigar.
I think I heard the atrocious stat that we blew 26 of 63 save opportunities.

26!!! Any of those gets us into the playoffs.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
I think I heard the atrocious stat that we blew 26 of 63 save opportunities.

26!!! Any of those gets us into the playoffs.
The DBacks put themselves in this position through blowing saves and big leads. And even though their record is better than last year, the team is simply not as good and doesn't have good chemistry. It is best if they view the postseason from the golf course.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
And the 8th inning chaos moved into the 9th. This is the kind of game that can leave a mark for game 2
One team will be in (resting its starters) and the other will be fighting for its life in game 2. DBacks and Lovullo can do nothing since they did nothing the Sunday in Milwaukee and then during the homestand. If they had just gone 3-3 on the homestand they'd be in. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Atlanta is minus 300 to win game 2. Sale on the mound - 18-3 record. I think the DBacks will have golf clubs in hand and ready to hit the links later today or tomorrow. Sad, but probably true. I hope I am wrong. But if the DBacks miss the postseason by two tiebreakers, then heads must roll.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Atlanta is minus 300 to win game 2. Sale on the mound - 18-3 record. I think the DBacks will have golf clubs in hand and ready to hit the links later today or tomorrow. Sad, but probably true. I hope I am wrong. But if the DBacks miss the postseason by two tiebreakers, then heads must roll.
Just saw that Sale was scratched. Atlanta must feel very good going against the Mets' scrubs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake