The West is Insane!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Phoenix the 6th seed and 2 1/2 games out of 1st. The Suns really need an easy first round and they better realize that the playoffs have begun. I think the Suns need to run off a nice winning streak and they look pumped up for that to happen.

OP
OP
jagu

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Ya thats kinda sad, you win 20 games in a row to be in second. The Eastern Conference probably has all the Western games taped on the DVR to see how truly exciting basketball can be! Can't wait to see Lebron in a Suns uni..ya im dreaming.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Huge weekend and week ahead for LA.

They play @NO, @DAL, @HOU, @UTAH - I could see them going 2-2 hopefully worse.

We play SAC, @POR, @SEA, HOU - We should go 4-0

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ya thats kinda sad, you win 20 games in a row to be in second. The Eastern Conference probably has all the Western games taped on the DVR to see how truly exciting basketball can be! Can't wait to see Lebron in a Suns uni..ya im dreaming.

Lebron will leave CLE, but he'll go to a bigger market next

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
The ideal matchup is Houston, I think. They are a good team, but I would rather see them, Golden State, or Denver in the first round over any of the other Western playoff teams.

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
The ideal matchup is Houston, I think. They are a good team, but I would rather see them, Golden State, or Denver in the first round over any of the other Western playoff teams.

houston is my first choice as well, followed by the jazz. if we could secure the 5th spot i like our chances (of course it doesn't hurt to get a higher seed than that)

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Houston is tricky. They are supposed to be losing now, but they keep winning. Yet it would seem that in a 7 game series, Yao's absence would become a bigger factor. But I'll bet that Houston would like to play us too, because Yao was never very effective against Phoenix anyway.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The thing about Houston is they have a deep team...They are really excelling in Adleman's system and have all accepted their roles perfectly...Houston is not going away and just may end up the #1 seed.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
The thing about Houston is they have a deep team...They are really excelling in Adleman's system and have all accepted their roles perfectly...Houston is not going away and just may end up the #1 seed.

Funny thing is I wanted to play them instead of the Jazz last year but not this year. Rockets still may suprise a few people

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Nobody in the West is going to have a cake walk to the Finals...Really the only series matchup I could see going less than 6 games would be GS vs. Utah. Utah just seems to be perfectly built to destroy the Warriors.

Other than that, I honestly think there is not much separating the teams...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Funny thing is I wanted to play them instead of the Jazz last year but not this year. Rockets still may suprise a few people
Same here, had they drawn Houston in the 2nd round, they would've advanced...

young tone

Reaction score
Nobody in the West is going to have a cake walk to the Finals...Really the only series matchup I could see going less than 6 games would be GS vs. Utah. Utah just seems to be perfectly built to destroy the Warriors.

Boozer pounds the ball and rebounds just like Amare did tonight on us. If we play the Suns in the playoffs, all they gotta do is study our games against the Jazz. We have no answer for either one of them...

Thing is is that we had this "big man" problem for years now. Foyle and Dampier were not the answer. I hope Wright gets more playing time because he looks like he can be a real good player for years to come

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lakers
Spurs
Mavericks
Suns
Hornets
Jazz

2 of those teams are already guaranteed to be eliminated in the first round. I left out the Rockets and GS (or Nuggets) because they will probably be predicted to not make it to the second round. But the above six teams, for all practical purposes, should make it to the 2nd round, except than only four will. Last year Mavs' first round exist was such a big shock. This year, anything can happen.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Lakers seem to match up very well against the Warriors. I could see the Lakers winning such a series in 5 games.

young tone

Reaction score
The Lakers seem to match up very well against the Warriors. I could see the Lakers winning such a series in 5 games.

I can see that as well, maybe 4 but I'll give BD and Jackson a game. I just dont see us matching up well against them

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I can see that as well, maybe 4 but I'll give BD and Jackson a game. I just dont see us matching up well against them
We'll get a good preview starting next Friday when the W's and Lakers face off in a home/home...

Next week is where the Warriors crazy end schedule will deterime their fate. Here are their games in order:

vs Hou
@LAL
vs LAL
vs Por
@ DEN
vs DAL
@ SA
@ DAL
@MEM
@NO
vs Sac
vs DEN
vs LAC
@PHO
vs SEA

young tone

Reaction score
We'll get a good preview starting next Friday when the W's and Lakers face off in a home/home...

Next week is where the Warriors crazy end schedule will deterime their fate. Here are their games in order:

vs Hou
@LAL
vs LAL
vs Por
@ DEN
vs DAL
@ SA
@ DAL
@MEM
@NO
vs Sac
vs DEN
vs LAC
@PHO
vs SEA

Yeah it is. I'll be at the Laker game, excited for that. I think though our make and break will come to that road trip. We go to SA, DAL, MEM, and NO. Tough with playing the Nuggets twice. Hard to make the playoffs in the West but I think we can pull it out, hopefully

young tone

Reaction score
Oh and I didnt notice we go back to PHO. Yeah that's a hard schedule

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score

vs Hou
@LAL
vs LAL
vs Por
@ DEN
vs DAL
@ SA
@ DAL
@MEM
@NO
vs Sac
vs DEN