The West is Insane!

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
hey tone, do you watch a lot of GS games at Oracle? I've only been there 2x. I got 1 'We Believe' and 1 'We're Back' shirt. :D The crowd is unbelievable.

Yeah my aunt been a season ticket holder for a while so I go once in a while. It's kind of like we pick games to go to since all my family wants to go lol but I got the Laker game so Im happy lol...

Yeah I been to about 12 games this year, did go to the playoffs last year (game 3 against Dallas) and got a shirt. Crowd is amazing just for a regular season game, but the playoffs is mindblowing

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
it's insane alright. the spurs just got kicked out of the top 4, and with what happened with gasol, it's not impossible for the lakers to drop lower as well. also houston just won their 21st straight. too bad for them the streak stops there *muffled laughter*

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We'll get a good preview starting next Friday when the W's and Lakers face off in a home/home...

Next week is where the Warriors crazy end schedule will deterime their fate. Here are their games in order:

vs Hou
@LAL
vs LAL
vs Por
@ DEN
vs DAL
@ SA
@ DAL
@MEM
@NO
vs Sac
vs DEN
vs LAC
@PHO
vs SEA
:shock:

nash2crosby

Reaction score
We're going to be fine. I see us ending up no worse than second and the Lakers no better than sixth. There's a good chance that they will, as one poster likes to say, "go fishing early this year." I regret seeing injuries this time of year, but they'll miss Gasol terribly--but we'd have beaten them either way. The Suns are surging and the Lakers and Spurs sputtering; who'd had thought it 2 weeks ago?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Thats pretty much the most ridiculous schedule ive seen. I would be bummed to see them get knocked out of the playoffs, all while 4 eastern conference teams make it with a losing record.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I hate to break it to young tone, but that schedule is brutal, I don't think the warriors are going to manage to pull through that. Kind of despressing since it was so fun last year seeing them in the playoffs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2.5 games separates #1 from #7 in the conference--and its mid-March. In any 2 game span, any one of 6 teams could slide into first place.

And its not because they are all mediocre teams. They are all good.

Unbelievable.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I hate to break it to young tone, but that schedule is brutal, I don't think the warriors are going to manage to pull through that. Kind of despressing since it was so fun last year seeing them in the playoffs.
What the W's have on their side is they played Memphis last night, then play SAC next, then the Clippers before that ridiculous schedule begins. That should put the W's @43-24, meaning they probably only need to go 7-8 to make the playoffs.

Even then, it will be no easy task...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exciting. It's like the playoffs before the playoffs start.

I can't say when I've enjoyed PROFESSIONAL basketball in the month of March so much.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
This race is crazy.. you lose 3 games and you go from 1st to last. :lol:

I don't remember it ever being this crazy. There are so many good teams in the west. Much better then the boring East. :D

nash2crosby

Reaction score
The West is Insane

The Suns will be at least #2 by next Sunday night. They will extinguish the Rockets Red Glare.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
The Suns will be at least #2 by next Sunday night. They will extinguish the Rockets Red Glare.

The Rockets are not that good. They are doing a good job of getting their shooters hot, but it was clear in the game today that if LA had any post presence what so ever, it would have been a whole different story.

Shaq and Amare should be able to take out the trash on the Rockets.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rockets are not that good. They are doing a good job of getting their shooters hot, but it was clear in the game today that if LA had any post presence what so ever, it would have been a whole different story.

Shaq and Amare should be able to take out the trash on the Rockets.

Yeah, absolutely.

Although the Suns need to lock down the perimeter.

But they *should* stop the rockets by beating up the post.

Add Houston to the teams I have no fear of in the playoffs, if the Lakers are healthy. The Hornets and the Rockets simply can't match up. Utah I worry about still, and I also have concerns about the Suns if they are clicking. Spurs, always.

Agloco

Veteran
Reaction score
Houston is tricky. They are supposed to be losing now, but they keep winning. Yet it would seem that in a 7 game series, Yao's absence would become a bigger factor. But I'll bet that Houston would like to play us too, because Yao was never very effective against Phoenix anyway.

That's because they have Luis Scola this year. In years past it was all on T-Mac to carry things if Yao went down. This year they have a viable 2nd option, not to mention the offensive freedom that Adleman brings to the table.

They aren't going to be as easy to beat as some of you think.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
And Houston takes the lead...

wtfookens

They won't have it at the end of the year though, no way.

I'm not going to take away from their great accomplishment, you can't win 22 in a row and not be a good team, but I don't think they can hold on to #1. I think the Healthy Lakers, the Suns, the Hornets and the Spurs are all better. Houston is good, but not great.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely.

Although the Suns need to lock down the perimeter.

But they *should* stop the rockets by beating up the post.

Add Houston to the teams I have no fear of in the playoffs, if the Lakers are healthy. The Hornets and the Rockets simply can't match up. Utah I worry about still, and I also have concerns about the Suns if they are clicking. Spurs, always.

Re-read that again suns fans:

The Shaq trade was worth it just to read those beautiful words attached to the Suns with no giggling afterward.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Yeah I still feel a bit 'bizarro world' everytime i hear about points in the paint, and dont hear about shoddy rebounding.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It's funny how people just assume their team is going to beat a team........no problemo. there is a reason the west is so tight. there are no guarantees come playoff time. any team can be at home after round 1........gasol no gasol. shaq no shaq. and the hornets are for real.....for the lakers fans automatically overlooking them.......just ask suns fans

OP
OP
jagu

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If you lose in this years playoffs, its not an upset or even a shame. Its pretty amazing to even get there. All the teams are pretty good.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny how people just assume their team is going to beat a team........no problemo. there is a reason the west is so tight. there are no guarantees come playoff time. any team can be at home after round 1........gasol no gasol. shaq no shaq. and the hornets are for real.....for the lakers fans automatically overlooking them.......just ask suns fans

There are these things called matchups.

Following Dallas, you should know this since they couldn't matchup with G.S. all year, and that fact was borne out in the playoffs.

Again, I have NO worries about either Houston or the Nooch in the playoffs if the Lakers are healthy. I can't say that about many West teams, but those two can't beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05