There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think I can remember a better set of WRs on a team at the same time...
Again it seems silly now but I legit thought Alabama's core was better.

Jeudy, Ruggs, Devonta Smith and Waddle. The two most gifted WRs just had other issues going on. However, elite mindset/work ethics from Jefferson and Chase. Absolute stars.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler spent 4 years in college.
Yes, but Kyler took a Redshirt year after transferring. Daniels played QB in 54 collegiate games. Kyler Murray played in 29.

I honestly don't know if you're quibbling trying to get points or what -- you're certainly not trying to evaluate these guys accurately.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you think I won't look this up?

Daniels played one extra game than Burrow as fourth-year juniors at LSU. Burrow had 0.4 YPA more (completing fewer than 10% of his passes compared to Daniels, BTW). If you don't think that Burrow would've been able to make up the 19 yards and one TD in an additional start, more power to you.

This is silly.
Only until you realize his backup threw for 800 yards because Daniels missed time in games/got rotated in.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, if you think that Jayden Daniels is as good a prospect as Joe Burrow, I'm no longer going to argue with you about it. I'll just add my laughing response icon.
I was just going to clarify whether that is what the claim is. :shock:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay, if you think that Jayden Daniels is as good a prospect as Joe Burrow, I'm no longer going to argue with you about it. I'll just add my laughing response icon.
Thanks for taking the bait K9. Cause I never said he was. However, your argument for bringing up ASU stats was rather weak. Burrow became a great prospect, he wasnt always one. He got beat out by Dwayne Haskins. But you knew that as well. Again its the bait.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the bait K9. Cause I never said he was. However, your argument for bringing up ASU stats was rather weak. Burrow became a great prospect, he wasnt always one. He got beat out by Dwayne Haskins. But you knew that as well. Again its the bait.
I don't think anyone is arguing for Daniels to be the top pick... but the comparisons show that he could be top five

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again it seems silly now but I legit thought Alabama's core was better.

Jeudy, Ruggs, Devonta Smith and Waddle. The two most gifted WRs just had other issues going on. However, elite mindset/work ethics from Jefferson and Chase. Absolute stars.
Hell of a lot closer than the 2021 Buckeyes lol.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yes, but Kyler took a Redshirt year after transferring. Daniels played QB in 54 collegiate games. Kyler Murray played in 29.

I honestly don't know if you're quibbling trying to get points or what -- you're certainly not trying to evaluate these guys accurately.

Kyler sat two years at OU after transferring I think? @SoonerLou

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
Assuming all are available when we pick, between MJH/Odunze and Nabers, what do you think is the % chance that the Arizona Cardinals select the WR that will ultimately be the best out of the thrGpo
Good question and one Ime sure one that the Cards Love to happen its almost certain one of them will be though maybe 2

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Eh Ohio State said that competition was really close. Despite major flaws in Haskins game, he was a really good college QB. It's not like Burrow lost out to a scrub.

I know you like Daniels but if you watched 3 years of a guy get worse and stay a soaking wet 170 lbs at 6'3, you wouldn't like him much either. He is the most disappointing single ASU player I've ever watched in my 30ish years of watching ASU.

He had no competitive fire, poor instincts for the position, and struggled to even hit wide open receivers at times.

2022 Jayden Daniels wasn't much better either, so you'd really have to hang your hat on one season...his fifth season.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Eh Ohio State said that competition was really close. Despite major flaws in Haskins game, he was a really good college QB. It's not like Burrow lost out to a scrub.

I know you like Daniels but if you watched 3 years of a guy get worse and stay a soaking wet 170 lbs at 6'3, you wouldn't like him much either. He is the most disappointing single ASU player I've ever watched in my 30ish years of watching ASU.

He had no competitive fire, poor instincts for the position, and struggled to even hit wide open receivers at times.

2022 Jayden Daniels wasn't much better either, so you'd really have to hang your hat on one season...his fifth season.
Yes Haskins beat out Burrow but it really wasn’t a fair fight. After Haskins went in and lit up Michigan the prior year, he was going to be the QB.
And you’re right, it’s not like Haskins was a scrub. He set about every big 10 passing record there was that year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22