These threads suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
I figured with a heading like that I'd get everyones attention. So now that your here. I'm truly saddened. When I started reading stuff hear there was more of an underground feel to this site, now in a sense it's starting to become more and more commercialized. I could come here and read articles that I normally couldn't get my hands on without subscribing to every sporting news sight out there.

There would be a number of articles from different places right at my finger tips. To me it's what made this sight great. Now I come here and have to read stupid stuff like "Raja Sucks" and Leo isn't clutch. I don't mind reading other peoples opinions because its the true essence of a forum. It's just the quality of some of the threads just continue to go down.

I remember going to my first Suns game and I payed to be as close as I could to the floor since I don't get to go often. The people around me looked at me as if I was ******** for cheering on the team. I couldn't understand why they would rather sit there and look pretty than actually try and give the team an emotional lift to pull out a victory.

I'm saying this because this is how I feel now. Reading this board use to feel like I was in a sports bar surrounded by true suns fans sharing the game and a cold beer. It has evolved however into a somewhat of a business to where they actually have to worry about being sued for what's posted here.

I am truly happy things have worked out so great for the creator of all we see here but just as at that game, I feel out of place now. It's time for me to try to find another underground spot were I can truly enjoy the Suns.

I wish you all the best.

P.S. For the people who want to flame this post I'm sure at one time you were a laker lover.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I don't blame you but you shouldn't leave. People are starting to panic after our unexpected start. We're only 9 games into the season and some are acting like the season is down the drain already. With high expectations comes high criticism, it goes hand in hand. Plus, go back and look through the "So and So sucks" threads- it's only a handful of posters we think that. Most everyone else here agrees those threads are unjustified and should be ignored

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Long time poster, his 79 posts will me missed....

mribnik

Reaction score
wth? You've been a member for 3 years, made 79 posts and now you're making a thread saying you're sick of what the forum has become?

LMAO.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
wth? You've been a member for 3 years, made 79 posts and now you're making a thread saying you're sick of what the forum has become?

LMAO.

I don't think the number of posts someone has made makes a difference at all. I don't post much and I consider myself a long standing member of this board because i read it 4 or 5 times a day. Yet, I don't have the same number of posts as Eric, Chap, or George. <shrug>

PetryJr

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think the number of posts someone has made makes a difference at all. I don't post much and I consider myself a long standing member of this board because i read it 4 or 5 times a day. Yet, I don't have the same number of posts as Eric, Chap, or George. <shrug>

Yeah, same here. I've only been a member for a couple of years, but I read this forum since the Rivals site. I read almost every thread here, and even though I don't post that much, I think I know what the board used to be compared to what it is now just as much as the people with bigger post counts.

mribnik

Reaction score

That's not my point at all. You may not have as many posts, but you aren't here crying about a lack of material either and threatening to leave as a lurker. I know others in the past have discredited something someone else has said because of their low post count. In this case, the guys 72'nd post in 3 years is about how he doesn't like the way the board has become, and now he has less material to read about. If he doesn't like it, he can go somewhere else or actually contribute. Or, he could even go as far as making a thread stating his opinion about the board. I don't think it's necessary for a lurker to tell us why they aren't lurking anymore. That's why I found it hilarious.

OP
OP
M

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
Actually I've been lurking since 2000 at one point in 03 the site changed and along with it my original date of joining the board. Like I said I thank everyone who does contribute but I only do it when I feel I have something useful to add to the conversation. Maybe if others did the same things would be better here.

I've been looking around and I can't even find one decent site remotely to what this site use to be so maybe it is just me. I really just wanted to shed light on the fact the site has evolved into just another forum when it use to be so much more.

mribnik

Reaction score
Actually I've been lurking since 2000 at one point in 03 the site changed and along with it my original date of joining the board. Like I said I thank everyone who does contribute but I only do it when I feel I have something useful to add to the conversation. Maybe if others did the same things would be better here.

I've been looking around and I can't even find one decent site remotely to what this site use to be so maybe it is just me. I really just wanted to shed light on the fact the site has evolved into just another forum when it use to be so much more.

I'd say this forum often evolves into just another forum when the team isn't playing very well. When the team starts to get it together this forum will pick up again. I do agree with you about this particular forum. There are a couple other Suns forums around, but I can't stand them.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we get new posters, the board will evolve. I don't want to shut down threads like "Raja sucks" because in reality the poster is just venting his frustration. He probably doesn't even really believe that, but he is trying to vent the emotions that come from watching the team.

Hopefully you will continue to lurk. Even with it's flaws, this is still one of the best Suns boards out there.

Errntknght

Reaction score
It could be the main thing My3Suns is complaining about is the lack of articles which are being posted - and doesn't know that the new rules for posting articles is primarily responsible for the much lowered number. I sort of miss them, too, to tell the truth.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ok Mr. "We are not good". The quality of your posts speak for themselves.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I agree with some of his points. I've been here since the rivals days. I think we can't just expect every person on the team to have a great game. Someone has a bad game or a few and they "Suck."

I appreciate the passion of some of the fans on this board. I've never lived in a place with more than a few Suns fans, and a place like this is great to visit and talk Suns.

I just think we aren't that bad of a team. I can't imagine what people would say if we were following the Grizzlies. So much of the talk around here is how the Grizzlies want to become a great team LIKE THE SUNS The suns are held in high regard and respected.

This year has changed so much. We have talent past the starting 5 plus we have a go to guy we still don't know how to use. This team has to play different to make it work. We almost need a mix of running and halfcourt with Amare. Amare is looking to post up, and the rest of the team is looking to run.

We'll turn it around once everyone finds their roles.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be the main thing My3Suns is complaining about is the lack of articles which are being posted - and doesn't know that the new rules for posting articles is primarily responsible for the much lowered number. I sort of miss them, too, to tell the truth.

The "new rules" for posting articles are in fact the internet copywrite laws. As long as something has a price, you can't legally recopy it for free.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured with a heading like that I'd get everyones attention. So now that your here. I'm truly saddened. When I started reading stuff hear there was more of an underground feel to this site, now in a sense it's starting to become more and more commercialized. I could come here and read articles that I normally couldn't get my hands on without subscribing to every sporting news sight out there.

There would be a number of articles from different places right at my finger tips. To me it's what made this sight great. Now I come here and have to read stupid stuff like "Raja Sucks" and Leo isn't clutch. I don't mind reading other peoples opinions because its the true essence of a forum. It's just the quality of some of the threads just continue to go down.

I remember going to my first Suns game and I payed to be as close as I could to the floor since I don't get to go often. The people around me looked at me as if I was ******** for cheering on the team. I couldn't understand why they would rather sit there and look pretty than actually try and give the team an emotional lift to pull out a victory.

I'm saying this because this is how I feel now. Reading this board use to feel like I was in a sports bar surrounded by true suns fans sharing the game and a cold beer. It has evolved however into a somewhat of a business to where they actually have to worry about being sued for what's posted here.

I am truly happy things have worked out so great for the creator of all we see here but just as at that game, I feel out of place now. It's time for me to try to find another underground spot were I can truly enjoy the Suns.

I wish you all the best.

P.S. For the people who want to flame this post I'm sure at one time you were a laker lover.

Wait, aren't you doing EXACTLY what you do not like about this forum?

:confused:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nobody is a "former" Laker fan. Once you are a Laker fan, you are with the good guys for life.

Come on over, Suns fans...the water's fine....

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The majority of the threads you're complaining about were started by newer members with less than 125 posts. Every board goes through time where there's an influx of new members that aren't sure of the board ediquette and try to make contributions. Threads titled "so and so" sucks are more suited to the ESPN boards. This board has a great history of knowlegable classy posters with some guys specializing in salary cap issues, league rules, etc. But when your team isn't playing well, posts on the board can get out of control pretty quickly. I've been around since the Rivals days as well and I've found myself posting a lot less on the board over the last couple of months, mostly because I don't have a lot of good things to say about the team and complaining about the crappy officiating doesn't do any good (either pisses people off or fuels conspiracy theorys).

Besides, if you stuck around through the Penny Hardaway fanboy era then I think you can make it through this. :)

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody is a "former" Laker fan. Once you are a Laker fan, you are with the good guys for life.

Come on over, Suns fans...the water's fine....

The only thing that I like about the Lakers is Bynum.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Ok Mr. "We are not good". The quality of your posts speak for themselves.

Wow, thanks Poker. I appreciate that. I make one vent post in four years and all of a sudden I'm an a-hole? Thanks.. really.

nowagimp

Reaction score

The number of posts someone makes may not necessarily indicate basketball knowledge(except about previous discussions), but it may indicate a contribution to the content of this site. I dont always agree with the posts from guys like eric, george, or chap, but they do contribute alot to the content of the site. Its kind of hard to contribute to discussions or information when you dont post, and its even harder to criticize the site for content when you dont put the time in to contribute.

I also appreciate the title of the "he sucks" or "he isnt clutch" threads because I dont need to read them to determine whether I'm wasting my time.

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
please noone ever speak about number of posts. i've been with this since sunsbackcourt.com and have went through all the changes and even chap's purple thing. number of posts dont mean jack. you shouldnt have to have 3000 posts to validate yourself. sometimes stuff gets so ridiculous, you DONT want to comment or post a reply because you might find yourself cussing out someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.